U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who do you want to see play for the national championship
1 loss BAMMA 4 14.81%
Stanford 2 7.41%
Oklahoma state 13 48.15%
Boise state 6 22.22%
1 loss Oklahoma 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 01:28 PM

1,998 posts, read 3,040,936 times

Advertisements

Well, seeing how Boise State just lost to TCU and Stanford also lost, I vote an LSU vs Oklahoma State BCS Championship game... But it'll be a slaughter watching another SEC team beat up on OK State...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 03:34 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,536,186 times
Oregon VS LSU, This times...its personal.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:00 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,618,974 times
After watching Oregon cruise to victory over Stanford, I came away impressed by the Ducks' defense. They didn't clamp down on Stanford completely, but they played within the game. They made big stops when they needed to. And of course, Stanford had no answer for the Ducks' offense.

I think the Ducks would give LSU a good fight for sure. I think the next game would be tighter than the opening day match-up. I still think that Oregon would have a hard time scoring more than 20 points. The question in my mind is, could LSU score more than 20 against Oregon's improved defense? If Oregon turns the ball over, yes, absolutely. If not, LSU would have a much tougher time in a possible rematch, but they'd probably pull it out the way Auburn did last year.

Oh and uh, I take back what I said about OK St. not having any defense. They did a decent job against TT, obviously, though I wonder if that was just one of those games were one team didn't show up.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:04 AM

14,157 posts, read 19,829,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
After watching Oregon cruise to victory over Stanford, I came away impressed by the Ducks' defense. They didn't clamp down on Stanford completely, but they played within the game. They made big stops when they needed to. And of course, Stanford had no answer for the Ducks' offense.

I think the Ducks would give LSU a good fight for sure. I think the next game would be tighter than the opening day match-up. I still think that Oregon would have a hard time scoring more than 20 points. The question in my mind is, could LSU score more than 20 against Oregon's improved defense? If Oregon turns the ball over, yes, absolutely. If not, LSU would have a much tougher time in a possible rematch, but they'd probably pull it out the way Auburn did last year.

Oh and uh, I take back what I said about OK St. not having any defense. They did a decent job against TT, obviously, though I wonder if that was just one of those games were one team didn't show up.
It would be a closer game, and anything could happen but from what I've seen LSU would pull it out. I like Oregon so I wouldn't hate to see them win, I'd just hate to see LSU lose.

OK St looked so good probably because they were playing TT. They went in there knowing they were better and played like it. They looked good out there.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:55 AM

358 posts, read 593,387 times
Yeah we all agree LSU bama is boring and it would be another score line like 10 to 8 or something. The problem is if you believe it will be the closest matchup then by definition this should be the game...if we get to this point with LSU unbeaten.

Another issue, isn't OSU going to lose to OU?

Old 11-14-2011, 07:39 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,618,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
It would be a closer game, and anything could happen but from what I've seen LSU would pull it out. I like Oregon so I wouldn't hate to see them win, I'd just hate to see LSU lose.

OK St looked so good probably because they were playing TT. They went in there knowing they were better and played like it. They looked good out there.
Re: Oregon.

I think that Oregon is an extremely tough team to beat if you aren't used to their style of play and only have a week to prepare for them. If LSU or Alabama were playing them in, say, week four or five and had only one week to prepare for them after playing a couple of SEC games, they'd be in trouble, because Oregon brings a style of play that's completely foreign to most SEC teams. You need time to see it on film and break it down, and you also need time to practice and rehearse their fast-break style offense in practice.

But when Oregon plays a good non-conference team that has time to prepare, they haven't done particularly well. They lost to Boise St. in the opener in 2009. They lost to Ohio St in the Jan. 2010 Rose Bowl. They lost to Auburn (although they could have easily won that game). And they lost to LSU on opening day. I like Oregon, but to be convinced of their national superiority, they're going to have to win one of those games in which teams have time to prepare for them.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:55 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,387,282 times
I'm not in favor of any rematches in the title game. Oregon and Alabama already had their shot. I'm not crazy about seeing Oklahoma in the national title game again due to their recent history, but if they beat OSU, it should be them, assuming they still just have one loss.

Now if LSU ends up losing to Arkansas or in the SEC title game, all that changes.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:59 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,765,275 times
I would like to see an Alabama--Oklahoma State matchup in the championship game.

We will get a true test of high flying offense versus tenacious defense.

Oklahoma State is not going to put 55 or 60 points on the board against Bama----this in my opinion, would be a great matchup for BCS title game.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:51 PM

6,556 posts, read 4,517,087 times
I HOPE it's Okie state vs. LSU, and that's what it will be as long as both take care of business.
However, I have serious doubts Okie state ends up beating OU (I really hope Okie state takes out years of frusteration and just absolutely kills them, but I'm not holding my breath), and then in that case I'd settle for an Oregon vs. LSU rematch. Alabama vs. LSU was so boring I don't want to see that again. However I would LOVE to see what happens should Arkansas end up beating LSU. I wouldn't even know who would play for the SEC title (all 3 [Bama, LSU, Arkansas] would be 1-1 against the other) and even if it's not Arky, you could make the case they were the most deserving of the 3 to play for the national title. Considering Bama played both LSU & Arkansas at home they should be eliminated from the picture. LSU played a tougher schedule then Arkansas did, but Arkansas would have played both LSU & Alabama on the road.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:39 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,861,625 times
Oregon had their shot on a neutral field. 'Bama had their shot @ home. Neither team deserves another shot @ LSU unless there are no other one loss teams.

UO/oSu would probably be the most entertaining possible matchup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football