U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who do you want to see play for the national championship
1 loss BAMMA 4 14.81%
Stanford 2 7.41%
Oklahoma state 13 48.15%
Boise state 6 22.22%
1 loss Oklahoma 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 03:40 PM

4,904 posts, read 3,988,614 times

Advertisements

It is working out to be LSU and BAma again and if it is I will not watch it
Oklahoma would be ok against LSU or Bama. Organ does not need to be in it again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 07:54 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,618,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Oregon had their shot on a neutral field. 'Bama had their shot @ home. Neither team deserves another shot @ LSU unless there are no other one loss teams.

UO/oSu would probably be the most entertaining possible matchup.
I have to admit that, on its face, this argument makes sense. *If* it's LSU vs a 1-loss team...then the fair thing to do might be to put them up against a team that they haven't played. That could be OK St. but if OK St, is a 1-loss team then that will surely come in the form of a loss to OU, so the Sooners would get the trump card. However, people have seen enough Sooner flame-outs in the title game, so that's probably working against them.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:17 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,861,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
*If* it's LSU vs a 1-loss team...then the fair thing to do might be to put them up against a team that they haven't already beat.
FIFY

Quote:
That could be OK St. but if OK St, is a 1-loss team then that will surely come in the form of a loss to OU, so the Sooners would get the trump card. However, people have seen enough Sooner flame-outs in the title game, so that's probably working against them.

I'd say the loss at home against TT would hurt them more than your so called "flame outs".

We might get a chance to see if the voters agree with you, my guess is not. If LSU wins out, OU would more than likely have the most wins against ranked opponents and would have the toughest schedule of the one loss teams by a long shot.

Not that many coaches are going to vote for a rematch IMO. I keep hear you saying the AP could influence the polls. I don't see it. The AP can't influence anything but the fans, and we don't get a vote. Coaches don't like to be told by the press on how they should vote. If anything I think the more that the AP would rally for a rematch, the more the coaches would oppose it.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:34 PM

9,586 posts, read 8,912,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
I can tell you what I don't want to see and thats an LSU bamma rematch. yeah they're probably the two best team but I've already seen it. Bamma had there chance and they muffed it in there own back yard.

I would like to see either andrew luck or kellen moore get a shot at that LSU defense myself. I don't think oklahoma state has the defense to make it a game and Oklahoma is a hard sell after that texas tech game.

your thoughts?
Where is the vote for a playoff system? I bet that would be your winner

Old 11-15-2011, 12:00 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,762,881 times
Whoever makes there way through the playoff brackets. Oh, wait....

Old 11-15-2011, 02:41 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,927,015 times
Hope to see LSU vs OK State, but if the Pokes lose to OU then I'd have to choose OU. LSU has beaten Oregon and Bama already.

Houston could also be undefeated...but ywouldn't be a match for the Tigers.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:08 PM

776 posts, read 653,355 times
Arkansas vs anyone

Old 11-15-2011, 06:55 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,253,097 times
Quote:
I have to admit that, on its face, this argument makes sense. *If* it's LSU vs a 1-loss team...then the fair thing to do might be to put them up against a team that they haven't played. That could be OK St. but if OK St, is a 1-loss team then that will surely come in the form of a loss to OU, so the Sooners would get the trump card. However, people have seen enough Sooner flame-outs in the title game, so that's probably working against them.
Yup, OU had MORE than their share of opportunities in the last ten years and they pissed those away in grand fashion.

I don't care to see a boomer sooner melt down yet AGAIN. Hell, they couldn't even beat sorry azz TT at HOME.

I'd like to see OK State get their chance.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:31 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,861,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I'd like to see OK State get their chance.
Even if they lose to OU?

It'd be funny if OU beats them without having their starting RB and their NCAA all time leading receiver. LOL.

Ironic that the reason OU played in so many BCS games was due to other teams meltdowns.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 11-15-2011 at 07:40 PM..

Old 11-15-2011, 09:45 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,386,779 times
I think what would hurt OU's chances would be the loss to Tech. To be fair, their postseason chokes are a few years in the past now. If it were last year's team, that would be another story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football