U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 10:35 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,610,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
We are talking college... Not their professional careers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6GuEswXOXo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 10:52 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,414,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I watched Emmit Smith play in college. And One of the most dangerous players ever is not a description he deserves.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:20 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,610,614 times
Well since we're talking about college, I'd say Raghib Ismail or Cam Newton. The Rocket was always a threat to take it coast to coast on punts and kickoffs. And Cam Newton was always a threat to single-handedly take over a game.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:27 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,947,075 times
Newton was just Tim Tebow lite.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Newton was just Tim Tebow lite.
Its more like the other way around...

Old 11-21-2011, 03:17 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,676,091 times
Quote:
In order... Bo Jackson > Herschel Walker > Rocket Ismail > Barry Sanders > Desmond Howard...
That's a pretty good list! I'd put Bo and #1 myself. He was awesome. (He really was. It's an over-used word now and has lost its meaning but in his day Bo Jackson was awesome.)

Old 11-21-2011, 04:16 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,854,937 times
Quote:
In order... Bo Jackson > Herschel Walker > Rocket Ismail > Barry Sanders > Desmond Howard...

Randy Moss & Jerry Rice deserve honorable mentions. They just played at smaller schools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That's a pretty good list! I'd put Bo and #1 myself. He was awesome. (He really was. It's an over-used word now and has lost its meaning but in his day Bo Jackson was awesome.)

You two are crazy if you think Bo was as dangerous as Barry Sanders. Herschel and Rocket? That's just ludicrous.

'85 Bo couldn't hold '88 Sanders' jock.

This is worth reposting;

1988 Regular-season stats (11 games)
Rushing: 344 rushes, 2,628 yards (7.6 avg), 37 TDs

Add his 5 Tds, 222 yds in 3 quarters of play in the '88 Holiday bowl and those stats get even more ridiculous. 42 Tds in 12 games! Unstoppable.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 11-21-2011 at 04:47 PM..

Old 11-21-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
You two are crazy if you think Bo was as dangerous as Barry Sanders. Herschel and Rocket? That's just ludicrous.

'85 Bo couldn't hold '88 Sanders' jock.

This is worth reposting;

1988 Regular-season stats (11 games)
Rushing: 344 rushes, 2,628 yards (7.6 avg), 37 TDs

Add his 5 Tds, 222 yds in 3 quarters of play in the '88 Holiday bowl and those stats get even more ridiculous. 42 Tds in 12 games! Unstoppable.
First off... Chill with the "crazy" terms. We are all entitled to our opinion.

Being dangerous has nothing to do with stats... plus who was Barry playing against? I Saw a lot of footage of both. And Bo was the most dangerous college player I ever saw... That size and that speed which Bo & Herschel had was unheard of in the 80's. Barry didn't have either of those traits.

So I'll stick to my list thank you.

PS: lol at the holiday bowl...

Old 11-21-2011, 06:27 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,854,937 times
Quote:
First off... Chill with the "crazy" terms. We are all entitled to our opinion.

Being dangerous has nothing to do with stats... plus who was Barry playing against? I Saw a lot of footage of both. And Bo was the most dangerous college player I ever saw... That size and that speed which Bo & Herschel had was unheard of in the 80's. Barry didn't have either of those traits.

So I'll stick to my list thank you.

PS: lol at the holiday bowl...
Bo "hardly" ever reached the end zone. How is that dangerous?

Barry played in the Big8. I thought that you would have known that.

I'll stick with the best college player that ever played.

Are you really LOLing @ the 1988 Holiday Bowl? That was probably the best one game performance by any player in CFB history.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Bo "hardly" ever reached the end zone. How is that dangerous?

Barry played in the Big8. I thought that you would have known that.

I'll stick with the best college player that ever played.

Are you really LOLing @ the 1988 Holiday Bowl? That was probably the best one game performance by any player in CFB history.
uh.... have you you ever heard of sarcasm? of course i know what conference Barry played in... I was making fun of it!

In 1988 The Big 8 only had 3 teams with winning records. And when OK State played those 2 teams they lost both games... And both of those teams lost their bowl games coincidently.

And my LOL at the Holiday Bowl was more sarcasm... I mean they play against Wyoming... let me repeat that... Wyoming! So spare me how great a season or bowl game he had.

Barry is one of the top 2 best running backs to EVER play in the NFL. He had a great college career. But he was not the most dangerous college player EVER. Mainly because of where he played and who he played against. And he only had one good season. He didnt rush for more than 600 in any of his other 2 seasons. His career is likened to Marshall Faulk. Ridiculous numbers against inferior opponents. Bo Jackson & Herschel Walker would have put up bigger numbers playing against JV teams too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football