U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-04-2011, 01:40 PM
 
4,749 posts, read 3,606,588 times
Reputation: 3225

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Well Alabama already got their chance... Their statistics are worse than OSU's. They didn't even win their division. The idea that they deserve a shot at the title is as ridiculous as saying Southern Miss deserves a BCS bowl.
I agree with this part of your post, and that's why I think OSU *should* get the BCS bid. SEC hasn't played the Big 12. I think the SEC would prove what everyone else already thinks, but we will never know and to avoid the contest will cheapen the BCS title game. It might also end up being really bad for ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
LSU hasn't even faced an offense as good as OSU's... so nobody knows how many points OSU could put on LSU.
This I disagree with. I do agree that OSU's offense is better than Alabama's, but Alabama does have a good ground game that is often effective enough to set up their passing game -- usually. Also, I think it's incorrect to say that LSU hasn't faced an offense as good as OSU's. That could be true, but LSU has faced - and shut down - enough offenses to be able to say with reasonable certainty that OSU would have a lot of trouble scoring against LSU. The Oregon Ducks regularly put up 35-45 points per game, but only got to 27 because of an uncontested touchdown with 20 seconds to go, and I'd say LSU's defense has improved since. They gave up 21 to West Virginia, and that was about the last time the Tigers gave anything away. Ever since then they've shut down Arkansas and Georgia, both of whom have pretty good QBs and a solid passing game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Also, the defenses in the SEC are over-rated. Does anyone dispute that OU had a great defense? Look how many points OSU put on OU's superior defense... Who can say they wouldn't do the same to LSU?
To compare OU to LSU is comedy. I know SEC haters don't want to admit it, but it doesn't matter anymore. The proof is there: SEC is *the* conference in college football. But comments like these are exactly why I think the BCS should keep Alabama out of it and allow OSU to take on LSU. I don't want OSU fans to say this kind of stuff. I want the BCS to allow LSU to do to OSU what everyone outside of delusional Big 12 country knows they will do if they face each other. See that game yesterday? See that game against Arkansas? See the game against Oregon? That's what would LSU would do to OSU...45-10? 42-10? 45-17? 49-7? Something like that, I reckon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-04-2011, 01:43 PM
 
4,749 posts, read 3,606,588 times
Reputation: 3225
Update: it's all but official. LSU-Alabama in the BCS game.

OSU needed a major reversal among AP pollsters to get the BCS nod, but they just didn't get it. They needed unanimous #3 or better. There were two who voted them at #4 - probably SEC pollsters or bitter Texas journalists. Doesn't matter. LSU vs. Bama.

Sucks for OSU. Sucks for college football. But tell Big 12, Big 10, and PAC 12 fans to get behind a plus-one format, which they should have done several years ago when they were riding high on the success of USC, Ohio St., and the Sooners and believing the SEC would only take the crown once in a while. Thanks to the BCS, the SEC is threatening to eliminate all other conferences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
3,391 posts, read 4,238,935 times
Reputation: 2024
This game, if it is LSU/Bama, is a Sham. It will also be a ratings DISASTER.

An ESPN poll shows 76 percent want to see OSU and LSU GO AT IT, which is as it should be. Nobody outside the south will even watch LSU take on Bama for a second time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 01:50 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,851,641 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Update: it's all but official. LSU-Alabama in the BCS game.

OSU needed a major reversal among AP pollsters to get the BCS nod, but they just didn't get it. They needed unanimous #3 or better. There were two who voted them at #4 - probably SEC pollsters or bitter Texas journalists. Doesn't matter. LSU vs. Bama.
The AP poll has nothing to do with the BCS.

If oSu is #2 in the Harris poll I think they'll get it.

They are within 32 votes of 'Bama in the coaches poll. Not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 02:00 PM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,412,190 times
Reputation: 1322
Please get this through your heads!!!

Us SEC fans don't care if its OSU that plays LSU in the Natty... but don't say the Big12 is better!!! The SEC is not ducking anyone in the big12... The big12's OOC schedule is a joke so 27-3 is not even note worthy. It's all schools from MWC, conf USA, or some league we have never heard of. They played one sec school and lost... The big12 does not match up against the SEC no matter how u slice it.

Team for team ranked in each conference the advantage goes to the SEC period!!!

LSU > OK state
Bama > Kansas State
Arkansas > Baylor
South Carolina > Oklahoma
Georgia > Texas
Auburn > Mizzou
Florida > TAMU
Vandy > Iowa State
Miss State > Texas Tech
Tenn > Kansas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 02:13 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,851,641 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Please get this through your heads!!!

Us SEC fans don't care if its OSU that plays LSU in the Natty... but don't say the Big12 is better!!! The SEC is not ducking anyone in the big12... The big12's OOC schedule is a joke so 27-3 is not even note worthy. It's all schools from MWC, conf USA, or some league we have never heard of. They played one sec school and lost... The big12 does not match up against the SEC no matter how u slice it.

Team for team ranked in each conference the advantage goes to the SEC period!!!

LSU > OK state
Bama > Kansas State
Arkansas > Baylor
South Carolina > Oklahoma
Georgia > Texas
Auburn > Mizzou
Florida > TAMU
Vandy > Iowa State
Miss State > Texas Tech
Tenn > Kansas
How is 27-3 a joke? They didn't play any FCS teams like every single team in the SEC did.

You could debate from #3 on down on that list. That looks like some homer **** to me. Didn't Arkansas need a miracle to beat aggie (Big 12 #7). Didn't uga lose to to a MWC team?

The SEC is 2 great teams, 3 pretty good teams and the rest are meh.

I remember last year you were saying the SEC would go undefeated in their bowls. They went 5-5. SEC x3!

They can't even fulfill their bowl obligations because they have too many teams with losing records. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 02:17 PM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,412,190 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
How is 27-3 a joke? They didn't play any FCS teams like every single team in the SEC did.

You could debate from #3 on down on that list. That looks like some homer **** to me. Didn't Arkansas need a miracle to beat aggie (Big 12 #7). Didn't uga lose to to a MWC team?

The SEC is 2 great teams, 3 pretty good teams and the rest are meh.

I remember last year you were saying the SEC would go undefeated in their bowls. They went 5-5. SEC x3!

They can't even fulfill their bowl obligations because they have too many teams with losing records. LOL.
Please find where I said the sec would go undefeated... Please!

And #1 from the big12 Ok state only beat TAMU by 1!!! So AR beating TAMU by 4 in Texas is more impressive!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 02:33 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,851,641 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Please find where I said the sec would go undefeated... Please!
Sorry, I had you mixed up with another SEC homer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
And #1 from the big12 Ok state only beat TAMU by 1!!! So AR beating TAMU by 4 in Texas is more impressive!!!
That just shows how tough the big 12 is. Top to bottom it's murderers row.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 02:40 PM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,412,190 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Sorry, I had you mixed up with another SEC homer.



That just shows how tough the big 12 is. Top to bottom it's murderers row.

Look... Like I said. I don't mind seeing Oklahoma State. If a case is made for them great. But the case doesnt need to be bashing the SEC. that's where my problem comes in...

I think LSU is going to win no matter who they play. They have a had a once in a lifetime season. Them beating 8 ranked teams and 3 in the top 10 is just insane... It will be 9 ranked teams and 4 in the top 10 if they win it! Some things are just destiny. And they seem to have it on their side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2011, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,151 posts, read 19,745,723 times
Reputation: 8803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post


That just shows how tough the big 12 is.
No it doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top