U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 01:34 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,748,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
One thing that has been lost in all this is:

Spoiler
SEC Haters!!! they will watch and make the ratings high even if the SEC fans don't
Why would they watch? To see if the SEC loses? Oh wait... that's guaranteed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 07:07 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,361,966 times
If your not gonna watch the game, then don't. In the meantime quit whining about how the BCS isn't fair, and why OSU didn't get in. Maybe if they didn't lose to an unranked team in a game they lead at one point 24-7 they would be in the BCS title game. I'm starting to believe if the SEC wasn't getting its sixth straight title we would hear the constant complaining.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:36 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Well, at least a SEC team will finally lose in the Natty this year...

Old 12-05-2011, 07:37 PM

3,963 posts, read 2,515,467 times
As I have said before, my complaint isnt with the SEC--it is totally with the BCS. If Oklahoma State had been Michigan, Ohio State or Notre Dame, they would be in the Championship Game.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
If your not gonna watch the game, then don't. In the meantime quit whining about how the BCS isn't fair, and why OSU didn't get in. Maybe if they didn't lose to an unranked team in a game they lead at one point 24-7 they would be in the BCS title game. I'm starting to believe if the SEC wasn't getting its sixth straight title we would hear the constant complaining.
Iowa State is a bowl qualified team... they beat Iowa, Texas Tech (by 31 points), and just barely lost to K-State this past weekend. They aren't a cupcake.

OSU lost to them in double overtime. It wasn't like OSU got their ass kicked by Iowa State or anything...

The fact is that Alabama doesn't deserve to be in the NC game. Most of America (except SEC homers and ESPN) agrees with me. No one is "whining" we are just point out the stupidity of having Alabama play LSU when OSU beats Alabama in almost every statistical category (including strength of schedule).

Old 12-05-2011, 09:32 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,612,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Iowa State is a bowl qualified team... they beat Iowa, Texas Tech (by 31 points), and just barely lost to K-State this past weekend. They aren't a cupcake.

OSU lost to them in double overtime. It wasn't like OSU got their ass kicked by Iowa State or anything...

The fact is that Alabama doesn't deserve to be in the NC game. Most of America (except SEC homers and ESPN) agrees with me. No one is "whining" we are just point out the stupidity of having Alabama play LSU when OSU beats Alabama in almost every statistical category (including strength of schedule).
I have to admit that I was for many weeks of the opinion that Alabama should probably get the nod, but the more I break down the OSU team, the more convinced I am that they should have gotten the shot. That's not to say that Alabama won't win, but I think they might be more one-dimensional than OSU. What Alabama does, it does extremely well, but OSU has a little of everything, kinda like LSU.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 PM

14,154 posts, read 19,789,103 times
Quote:
OSU has the better resume either way you slice it.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:35 AM

14,111 posts, read 22,779,668 times
I REALLY hope this isn't a low scoring snoozer like there last match-up. I'd be mad at the BCS for life(or until Texas gets in, in 2013). They straight up disrespected the Big12. Bama had there chance, which is why in most sports in general, teams who win there conference get to play in the big game, you're supposed to play the best team from the next best conference, you don't play your conference rivals in the championship, it doesn't make sense!!! I'll watch, but it better be damn exciting!!!

Old 12-06-2011, 06:12 AM

1,673 posts, read 2,361,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post

Ok so Iowa St is a 6-6 bowl team, and they beat Iowa and Texas Tech...LMAO!!!!. Sorry I'm not impressed.

It's doesn't matter how OSU lost, they still lost a game in which they were a 27 point favorite.

BTW why does nobody talk about the OSU defense which is ranked 104th or worse, and has given up more points than LSU and Bama combined.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Ok so Iowa St is a 6-6 bowl team, and they beat Iowa and Texas Tech...LMAO!!!!. Sorry I'm not impressed.

It's doesn't matter how OSU lost, they still lost a game in which they were a 27 point favorite.

BTW why does nobody talk about the OSU defense which is ranked 104th or worse, and has given up more points than LSU and Bama combined.
- Probably the same way they don't talk about the OSU total offense being ranked 4th in the nation.

While Alabama is 33rd in total offense...

- Or how OSU is ranked 2nd in pass interceptions.

While Alabama is 53rd in pass interceptions... (some defense )

- Or how OSU is ranked 32nd in sacks

While Alabama is 47th in sacks... (some defense )

2011 NCAA College Football Stats - ESPN

Any way you slice it, according to the stats OSU beats out Alabama. Where exactly did you hear that they were ranked 104th in defense? That sounds like B.S. to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football