U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-06-2011, 09:50 AM
 
5,507 posts, read 9,281,609 times
Reputation: 2289

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Bama:
#23 Penn State
#14 Arkansas
#12 Florida
#24 Auburn

OSU:
#8 Texas A&M
#22 Texas
#14 Kansas State
#10 OU

It's not who Bama would have lost to, it's the fact that OSU beat a better number of ranked teams. Simple as that.
Bama hasn't beat anyone in the top ten, OSU has beat two top 10 teams. OSU lost on the road, in double OT, Bama lost at home in a game that was swaying in their direction.

It baffles me that anyone would argue this.
Ranking at game time is useless. Each team beat 3 teams that finished in BCS top 25. The average rank for OSU is 15 and it is 17 for Bama. Pretty much a wash and then it's obvious who has the best loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-06-2011, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Metro Birmingham, AL
1,673 posts, read 2,361,438 times
Reputation: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, that's why we play the game. For all we know, Alabama played a bunch of mediocre offenses.
Or OSU played against alot terrible defenses, which is probably the case. Alabama defenses have been in the top 5 since 2008-2009.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 09:55 AM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,747,856 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
NCAA.com defensive stats

Passing Defense
#1 Alabama
#102 OSU

Rushing Defense
#1 Alabama
#84 OSU

Scoring Defense
#1 Alabama
#61 OSU

Total Defense
#1 Alabama
# 107 OSU

To say that OSU's offense would overcome Bama's defense easily is laughable if not borderline insane.
According to your stats:

Passing Offense
#2 OSU
#72 Alabama

Rushing Offense
#21 OSU
#26 Alabama (so much for over-rated trent richardson)

Scoring Offense
#2 OSU
#16 Alabama

Total Offense
#3 OSU
#30 Alabama

... is it really that insane to think the #2-3 offense could beat Alabama's defense? I don't think so. You SEC homers crack me up... Alabama hasn't had to face an offense like OSU's.

The fact remains that Alabama doesn't deserve to be there. This NC game means nothing this year...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 10:02 AM
 
5,507 posts, read 9,281,609 times
Reputation: 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
According to your stats:

Passing Offense
#2 OSU
#72 Alabama

Rushing Offense
#21 OSU
#26 Alabama

Scoring Offense
#2 OSU
#16 Alabama

Total Offense
#3 OSU
#30 Alabama

... is it really that insane to think the #2-3 offense could beat Alabama's defense? I don't think so. You SEC homers crack me up...

The fact remains that Alabama doesn't deserve to be there. This NC game means nothing this year...
That would be an opinion by defintion actually. Everyone hates a dynasty like the SEC has going, it's understandable. The true fact is the SEC has dominated the BCS and due to that will have envious haters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 10:07 AM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,747,856 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
That would be an opinion by defintion actually. Everyone hates a dynasty like the SEC has going, it's understandable. The true fact is the SEC has dominated the BCS and due to that will have envious haters.
And this year that will continue thanks to our broken system

+1 or playoff for the win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 10:46 AM
 
5,507 posts, read 9,281,609 times
Reputation: 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
And this year that will continue thanks to our broken system

+1 or playoff for the win.
SEC suggested the plus one. SEC domination isn't due to BCS. SEC is just that much better.

Six champions in a row isn't because of a BCS system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 10:59 AM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,415,713 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
According to your stats:

Passing Offense
#2 OSU
#72 Alabama

Rushing Offense
#21 OSU
#26 Alabama (so much for over-rated trent richardson)

Scoring Offense
#2 OSU
#16 Alabama

Total Offense
#3 OSU
#30 Alabama

... is it really that insane to think the #2-3 offense could beat Alabama's defense? I don't think so. You SEC homers crack me up... Alabama hasn't had to face an offense like OSU's.

The fact remains that Alabama doesn't deserve to be there. This NC game means nothing this year...
Put up the Defensive rankings...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Metro Birmingham, AL
1,673 posts, read 2,361,438 times
Reputation: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Put up the Defensive rankings...
I already did and they are terrible for a top 5 BCS team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 11:02 AM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,747,856 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Six champions in a row isn't because of a BCS system.
That is highly debatable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2011, 11:03 AM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,747,856 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
I already did and they are terrible for a top 5 BCS team.
And Alabama doesn't have a good offense. So what is your point?

You can't win "championships" without scoring a few points... Field goals won't cut it against a team like OSU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top