U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 11:24 AM

5,507 posts, read 9,285,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
That is highly debatable.
Six times is what? Luck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 11:26 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,416,856 times
Quote:
Ill check the box score

Which will read:
LSU - WIN
Alabama - Over-rated.

LSU will probably win... i wouldnt say that means Alabama is overrated. Just means LSU is one of the best teams in the history of College Football

As for OK State.... They will beat Stanford. Oregon showed us what a team like the Cowboys can do to them. Although I think Oregon is better than Oklahoma State. But the Cowboys should still win.

I just thought about something cyclone... weren't you saying Oregon would beat Auburn last year? weren't you advocating for how prolific their offense was? I'm just wondering do you jump on the ban wagon of ANYbody just to root against the SEC?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Ill check the box score

Which will read:
LSU - WIN
Alabama - Over-rated.
So you are spared LSU blowing out OSU.

Feel free to comment on average BCS rank of teams both beat.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:27 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,857,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, that's why we play the game. For all we know, Alabama played a bunch of mediocre offenses.
Don't kid yourself, 'Bama played against a bunch of **** offenses.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
LSU will probably win... i wouldnt say that means Alabama is overrated. Just means LSU is one of the best teams in the history of College Football

As for OK State.... They will beat Stanford. Oregon showed us what a team like the Cowboys can do to them. Although I think Oregon is better than Oklahoma State. But the Cowboys should still win.

I just thought about something cyclone... weren't you saying Oregon would beat Auburn last year? weren't you advocating for how prolific their offense was? I'm just wondering do you jump on the ban wagon of ANYbody just to root against the SEC?
It's what people do when there is a dynasty. Who are most hated sports teams? The ones who always win.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:33 AM

1,673 posts, read 2,362,964 times
Oh BTW I know I left Ga Southern off the list on my last post. They are ranked #55 in total defense in the FCS.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:38 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,748,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
It's what people do when there is a dynasty. Who are most hated sports teams? The ones who always win.
It isn't that the SEC is "always" winning (well for the last 5 years at least)

Rather, it is that this year no one has a chance of winning it except the SEC. That is what is stupid and annoys people.

The big game should be between two teams from DIFFERENT conferences. Otherwise as Mr. GE said-- it is just an SEC Championship game and not a true National Championship game.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:40 AM

1,673 posts, read 2,362,964 times
Should be, but nothing in the BCS rule book says it has to be.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:47 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,416,856 times
Quote:
It isn't that the SEC is "always" winning (well for the last 5 years at least)

Rather, it is that this year no one has a chance of winning it except the SEC. That is what is stupid and annoys people.

ok, I can actually see the point to that statement...

but dont blame Bama or the SEC for that happening. All the teams in front of Bama lost. And one of them lost twice! So blame those teams, not Bama!!! If any of the following teams dont lose after the Bama loss they are playing for the Natty..

Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Oregon
Stanford
Virginia Tech
Clemson
Wisconsin
Boise State

Old 12-06-2011, 11:47 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,383,647 times
I'm still against the idea of a conference champion only rule even if it would have helped my team this year. Given the nature of the BCS and how it handles things, it would not be long before the rule would backfire and we'd end up with even more ridiculous matchups like the #3 team vs the #5 team for the national title.

Also, until every conference has a championship game such a rule would give a huge advantage to the conferences that didn't have them. It would also penalize teams that were in strong conferences or divisions in favor of those in less competitive conferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football