U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 04:31 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,856,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Except UF played a much tougher schedule.
About the same as oSu schedule compared to 'Bama's this year. Obviously hindsight says Florida deserved to be there.

Quote:
You do realize Texas Tech beat UT and then got beat by Ole Miss in a bowl game right?
More hindsight. Bowl games this year haven't been played so I can't come back with an argument. I might have one in month or so. I'm more just playing devil's advocate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 04:34 PM

5,507 posts, read 9,281,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
About the same as oSu schedule compared to 'Bama's this year.
Obviously hindsight says Florida deserved to be there.

Bowl games this year haven't been played so I can't come back with an argument. I'm more just playing devil's advocate.
Beating one more BCS top 25 team doesn't make up for losing to a 6-6 while Bama lost to by far the best team in country in my opinion.

On Ole Miss it was just pointing out they were not a bad team. Certainly not a 6-6 team.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Beating one more BCS top 25 team doesn't make up for losing to a 6-6 while Bama lost to by far the best team in country in my opinion.

On Ole Miss it was just pointing out they were not a bad team. Certainly not a 6-6 team.

I'm not really arguing for oSu or against 'Bama. Like I said before, a rematch for the MNC with two teams from the same division is lame. I have always given the BCS benefit of the doubt. That ends this year. Shutting out two one loss teams from having a shot is fine with me, just not when you are giving another 1 loss team two shots. It's not logical and it sucks for College Football. Thats all. I have nothing emotional tied to this, I hate all teams involved equally, except Stanford I guess, I mean who hates Stanford? LOL

Old 12-06-2011, 04:53 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,776,397 times
Quote:
I'm not really arguing for oSu or against 'Bama. Like I said before, a rematch for the MNC with two teams from the same division is lame. I have always given the BCS benefit of the doubt. That ends this year. Shutting out two one loss teams from having a shot is fine with me, just not when you are giving another 1 loss team two shots. It's not logical and it sucks for College Football. Thats all. I have nothing emotional tied to this, I hate all teams involved equally, except Stanford I guess, I mean who hates Stanford? LOL
That's pretty much what most people are saying when they say OSU deserves a shot. You're supposed to play the best team of an OTHER conference. Isn't that what sports is supposed to be? Oh well, I hope this game is alot more exciting than the 1st match-up.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:57 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,382,497 times
Cal hates Stanford, but no one else cares all that much....

I don't really blame Bama or even the voters for any of this...after Bama lost you had several teams that had an opportunity to take over, and all of them managed to blow it in one way or another. I think most years, someone would have stepped up, because that's usually what happens as the early contenders drop off over the course of the season. This time no one did.

I don't think it will really hurt anything so long as it doesn't become a regular occurrence.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
That's pretty much what most people are saying when they say OSU deserves a shot. You're supposed to play the best team of an OTHER conference. Isn't that what sports is supposed to be? Oh well, I hope this game is alot more exciting than the 1st match-up.
No. It's supposed to be the two best teams.

Big 12 has no one but themselves to blame.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:

I don't see how this is the Big12 fault. It's oUs's fault for being oSu. If it were Oklahoma, texas, michigan, ohio state, notre dame, USCw with the same repertoire, they would have been #2. I have no doubt.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:18 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,776,397 times
Quote:

Who's to say OSU isn't a better match-up for LSU offensively? Who's to say there offense is more potent against LSU's defense? Oh well. It is what it is.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I don't see how this is the Big12 fault. It's oUs's fault for being oSu. If it were Oklahoma, texas, michigan, ohio state, notre dame, USCw with the same repertoire, they would have been #2. I have no doubt.
Big 12 was against a plus one.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:41 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,715,995 times
Quote:
^^^
Truth right here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football