U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-12-2011, 04:29 PM
 
5,507 posts, read 9,277,547 times
Reputation: 2289

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Yeah two seasons, because who cares what you did in 2005. It all about what have you done for me lately. The worst OU team in recent memory blew you guys out...LOL, and don't forget losing to Baylor.
The last ten years is pretty relevant. Of course Bama fan has a reason to not remember them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-14-2011, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,633 posts, read 27,069,277 times
Reputation: 9577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Texas would have definitely won that day if McCoy is in the game. Bad deal for a great kid....and a Horn win would have gone a long way in shutting up all these SEC fans coming out of the woodwork these last couple of years talking about how their conference has always been king.
It's annoying, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2011, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,633 posts, read 27,069,277 times
Reputation: 9577
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That Florida team had Tebow on it, right? Texas was not going to beat them that year.
What makes you say that? Florida didn't dominate OU that year in the NC game either. OU was definitely in that game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2011, 04:43 PM
 
5,507 posts, read 9,277,547 times
Reputation: 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
What makes you say that? Florida didn't dominate OU that year in the NC game either. OU was definitely in that game.
OU did put up much more of a fight than OSU. The great OU offense didn't end up doing much though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2011, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,633 posts, read 27,069,277 times
Reputation: 9577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
OU did put up much more of a fight than OSU. The great OU offense didn't end up doing much though.
The defenses were great that game for both Florida and OU. Florida's was just better. OU and Texas were the only teams that played defense in that conference consistently and both teams held the opposing offenses well below their season average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2011, 06:05 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,854,553 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
OU did put up much more of a fight than OSU. The great OU offense didn't end up doing much though.
Neither did that great UF offense. OU's defense held UF to their lowest point total all season. On paper OU was one of worst defenses UF played that year, in reality though it was the toughest they had played.

This is not directed exclusively to you; The Big 12 plays plenty of defense. If 'Bama and LSU played a Big12 schedule this year their defensive numbers would look alot worse. Fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2011, 06:15 PM
 
5,507 posts, read 9,277,547 times
Reputation: 2289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Neither did that great UF offense. OU's defense held UF to their lowest point total all season. On paper OU was one of worst defenses UF played that year, in reality though it was the toughest they had played.

This is not directed exclusively to you; The Big 12 plays plenty of defense. If 'Bama and LSU played a Big12 schedule this year their defensive numbers would look alot worse. Fact.
As Spade said, two teams play defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2011, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Waco, TX
977 posts, read 1,630,470 times
Reputation: 683
Oklahoma's problem against Florida was that they had 2 drives stall deep in Florida territory, resulting in 0 points after two sustained drives. Florida's defense was as much responsible for the stops as was Oklahoma's failure to execute in the red zone, but the game was incredibly close to having an entirely different complexion/outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 12:10 AM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,412 posts, read 7,711,457 times
Reputation: 3054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
OU did put up much more of a fight than OSU. The great OU offense didn't end up doing much though.
Having Demarco Murray out killed the Sooners in that game. Could've certainly made a difference.

We've seen how great an athlete he is when he is healthy this year with Dallas. Huge loss for Dallas losing him to the ankle injury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2011, 06:46 AM
 
Location: Metro Birmingham, AL
1,673 posts, read 2,359,773 times
Reputation: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Neither did that great UF offense. OU's defense held UF to their lowest point total all season. On paper OU was one of worst defenses UF played that year, in reality though it was the toughest they had played.

This is not directed exclusively to you; The Big 12 plays plenty of defense. If 'Bama and LSU played a Big12 schedule this year their defensive numbers would look alot worse. Fact.
The Big 12 plays plenty of defense. I doubt it, the defensive stats tell a different story.

If Bama and LSU played a Big 12 schedule, their defensive numbers would look about the same. Fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top