U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 10:55 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,252,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Even if you count McQuarters... Which is a joke. That's 3 guys in a 20+ year span!!! I wouldnt call that a ton... Its A few. And only one of those guys is great...

So much for OSU putting offensive juggernauts in the NFL!!!
Add Thurman Thomas to that list. These aren't "just" football players, they are HOF players.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
That still doesnt make this statement true...

Hell... Ole Miss which is one of the worst SEC teams probably has just as many players in the league during the same span as OSU. That statement above is simply not true... OSU's talent pool for the NFL doesnt begin to compare with the class of the SEC.

Not the QUALITY of OSU. Sheesh, what the hell is it with SEC fans. Your relationships between schools are like your relationships with your sisters; incestuous.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:28 AM

5,507 posts, read 9,291,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Not the QUALITY of OSU. Sheesh, what the hell is it with SEC fans. Your relationships between schools are like your relationships with your sisters; incestuous.
Just reality. It's been shown OSU doesn't have much in NFL like a previous poster claimed. OSU had a nice year but they are far from being close to OU and UT as a program.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:53 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,419,007 times
Quote:
Not the QUALITY of OSU.
Deuce McAllister, Michael Oher, Patrick Willis & Eli Manning are not QUALITY?

ok...

O yea, and thats just off the top of my head....

Old 12-20-2011, 02:04 PM

8,409 posts, read 8,410,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
I don't think winning 37-21 was luck.
It was 24-21 with less 3 minutes left in the game, Texas had the ball when the freshman QB turned it over not once, but twice in their last two possessions...resulting in 14 easy shortfield TDs for Bama.

And yes, it was luck that McCoy was hit right where his throwing arm nerve would get pinched, thus taking him out of the game.

With McCoy unhurt, no 4 turnovers by the QB and Texas wins by at least two TDs. To think that McCoy, the winningest college QB of all time would've performed like the totally untested freshman against Bama is ludicrous.

Alabama owes it's 2009 MNC to that clean hit on McCoy.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:

ok...

Mike Wallace

Old 12-27-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:

ok...

Not even near the same category as a Barry Sanders or Thurman Thomas.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:07 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,419,007 times
Quote:
Not even near the same category as a Barry Sanders or Thurman Thomas.
We'll see... They are diff types of players. Thats all OSU has... No one else! Two guys is all they have put out ever... I just named recent guys, I didn't mention their 2 Hall of Famers... Frank Kinard & Gene Hickerson. So both schools have 2 HOF... that's even!

And Patrick Willis will be in the HOF. And Eli & Deuce have Super Bowl rings. Something neither guys u named have...

I don't even know why we are debating OSU being the juggarnaut of NFL talent u claimed... It's obvious they are not if they don't have more than Ole Miss who sucks.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
We'll see... They are diff types of players. Thats all OSU has... No one else! Two guys is all they have put out ever... I just named recent guys, I didn't mention their 2 Hall of Famers... Frank Kinard & Gene Hickerson. So both schools have 2 HOF... that's even!

And Patrick Willis will be in the HOF. And Eli & Deuce have Super Bowl rings. Something neither guys u named have...

I don't even know why we are debating OSU being the juggarnaut of NFL talent u claimed... It's obvious they are not if they don't have more than Ole Miss who sucks.
Different types of players? Yes, most definitely they are. They are BETTER. HOF better.

As far as having SB rings, that's a joke. Football is a team sport. And it's well known that the best players often go to the worst teams.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Different types of players? Yes, most definitely they are. They are BETTER. HOF better.

As far as having SB rings, that's a joke. Football is a team sport. And it's well known that the best players often go to the worst teams.
Patrick Willis will go down as one of the best LB's ever by time he's done.

The initial point was foolish. OSU compares will lower level SEC schools in terms of NFL talent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football