U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:48 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,416,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Different types of players? Yes, most definitely they are. They are BETTER. HOF better.

can you read?

Frank Kinard & Gene Hickerson are in the HOF as well... so Ole Miss and OSU both have 2 HOF players!!!

whooptie doo for OSU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 11:49 AM

52,066 posts, read 41,872,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Patrick Willis will go down as one of the best LB's ever by time he's done.

The initial point was foolish. OSU compares will lower level SEC schools in terms of NFL talent.
Absolutely! Because when you go to most of the SEC schools it's pretty critical how their football teams do because choosing a school for their educational quality is a silly concept.

I now return everyone to their bickering over which of their schools is best able to illegally pay out of state kids to come play in games that will eventually be vacated once the NCAA catches them.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:16 PM

5,507 posts, read 9,284,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Absolutely! Because when you go to most of the SEC schools it's pretty critical how their football teams do because choosing a school for their educational quality is a silly concept.

I now return everyone to their bickering over which of their schools is best able to illegally pay out of state kids to come play in games that will eventually be vacated once the NCAA catches them.
SEC has four AAU schools. How many does the Big 12 have now?

Old 12-30-2011, 02:50 PM

52,066 posts, read 41,872,746 times
Quote:
SEC has four AAU schools. How many does the Big 12 have now?
I honestly do not care. I really don't view\rank colleges based upon what sports conference they belong to....and trust me...I work with a bat-**** crazy texas fan so I know about all the SEC vs. Big blah blah blah garbage.

I'm not even an Ohio state fan or a fan of any particular conference, I just don't know if I can convey the irony in seeing you dog on a fairly decent University because they don't have as good of a football program as a group of mostly sub-par party schools. Oh the horror! the horror!

But don't worry. Ohio State or someone else will pay more players to come play for thier program and then they can brag about their school being better than yours.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:21 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,247,245 times
Quote:
Patrick Willis will go down as one of the best LB's ever by time he's done.

The initial point was foolish. OSU compares will lower level SEC schools in terms of NFL talent.

What does the bolded part mean? Seriously, you need to make sense. I have NO IDEA what you are talking about... If you're saying OSU compares with lower level SEC schools you're full of ****. Who is the number 3 team in the nation right now. Shut the F up.

And Patrick Willis? Who the f*ck is he? I have not even heard of the dude and I follow pro football and college. PLEASE, leave the SEC HOMERAGE at the friggin' door people!

Old 12-30-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
What does the bolded part mean? Seriously, you need to make sense. I have NO IDEA what you are talking about... If you're saying OSU compares with lower level SEC schools you're full of ****. Who is the number 3 team in the nation right now. Shut the F up.

And Patrick Willis? Who the f*ck is he? I have not even heard of the dude and I follow pro football and college. PLEASE, leave the SEC HOMERAGE at the friggin' door people!
If you don't know who Patrick Willis is I'm wasting time talking to someone who knows nothing about football.

OSU had one great year. It's likely the best year we'll see in our lifetime. The bottom line is they have very little talent in the NFL and they tells you about their program.
You claimed they are an offensive juggernaut and have stars in the NFL to speak to that. The only two stars you can come up with played a decade ago.

Last edited by Gatornation; 12-30-2011 at 04:00 PM..

Old 12-30-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I honestly do not care. I really don't view\rank colleges based upon what sports conference they belong to....and trust me...I work with a bat-**** crazy texas fan so I know about all the SEC vs. Big blah blah blah garbage.

I'm not even an Ohio state fan or a fan of any particular conference, I just don't know if I can convey the irony in seeing you dog on a fairly decent University because they don't have as good of a football program as a group of mostly sub-par party schools. Oh the horror! the horror!

But don't worry. Ohio State or someone else will pay more players to come play for thier program and then they can brag about their school being better than yours.
You probably should freshen up on your University rankings. UF and UT are very much alike in academics and athletics.

Last edited by Gatornation; 12-30-2011 at 04:02 PM..

Old 12-30-2011, 05:40 PM

16,532 posts, read 20,997,474 times
The past few posts here suggest that this thread is going south in a hurry. Everybody tone down the rhetoric-NOW!

Old 12-30-2011, 08:40 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,383,290 times
OSU has been steadily improving for the past decade, and has come on really strong these last few years. This season was far from a fluke.

I don't get the argument that NFL talent necessarily equals a better college program. My grad school alma mater, Fresno State, routinely has a lot more NFL players than their conference rivals, but they are always third or fourth place at best in their conference. The only thing that really determines how good a college football program is, well, winning college football games.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
OSU has been steadily improving for the past decade, and has come on really strong these last few years. This season was far from a fluke.

I don't get the argument that NFL talent necessarily equals a better college program. My grad school alma mater, Fresno State, routinely has a lot more NFL players than their conference rivals, but they are always third or fourth place at best in their conference. The only thing that really determines how good a college football program is, well, winning college football games.
The poster said OSU is an offensive juggernaut with lots of stars in the NFL which just isn't true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football