Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 09:48 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
As far as Alabama goes... they have beat 2 good teams this year (Penn State, Arkansas)... 2 of their non-conference games were against FCS foes (Georgia Southern, Kent State)
Kent State is FBS... They compete in the MAC. Just figured I'd point that out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 02:32 PM

725 posts, read 1,279,198 times
The problem for LSU possibly losing to georgia is that georgia will be ranked low after Georgia Tech kills georgia tomarrow

Old 11-25-2011, 02:34 PM

725 posts, read 1,279,198 times
also don't count Virginia Tech out, they have a beast at QB

Old 11-25-2011, 04:31 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
But #2 had its chance. Sorry. Get a better field goal kicker next year. Essentially the scenario you're angling for punishes LSU for doing everything right and playing one extra opponent in Georgia and rewards Alabama despite losing a game and missing out on the conference championship. What's more, anybody with a lick of sense knows that an all-SEC championship would be bad for the sport, just the way an all-Big Ten championship would have been a disaster in 2006.

Look, I know you desperately want to see the Tide back into the national title, but any objective viewer who wants to see college football thrive recognizes what a travesty this is.

Since you happen to be an Auburn fan, anything you say about Bama is biased. I have never seen such a rabid rivalry anywhere else in the country. Alabama did lose to LSU, but shouldn't the #2 team lose to the #1 team? Their loss just supports the rankings as they stand. Sorry, if you just can't stand the thought of Bama in the championship game.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:51 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
LSU is basically in the national title game. They could lose to Georgia next week, and unless they lose like 42-0, it probably won't matter. They'd be a one-loss team going against a list of other 1-loss teams. They're basically just playing an extra game at this point.

However, an LSU loss to Georgia could still have an impact on the title game. A loss to Georgia would have a minimal impact on LSU's BCS chances, but it could hurt Alabama's, especially if OK St. wins big over OU. How much such a loss would hurt Alabama, I don't know, but it could hurt.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:54 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAubin View Post
The problem for LSU possibly losing to georgia is that georgia will be ranked low after Georgia Tech kills georgia tomarrow
Even if they lose to Georgia, LSU has enough BCS points to remain number 2. They've beaten every single ranked team they've played, and with the exception of Alabama, they've done it easily.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:16 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
LSU is basically in the national title game. They could lose to Georgia next week, and unless they lose like 42-0, it probably won't matter. They'd be a one-loss team going against a list of other 1-loss teams. They're basically just playing an extra game at this point.

However, an LSU loss to Georgia could still have an impact on the title game. A loss to Georgia would have a minimal impact on LSU's BCS chances, but it could hurt Alabama's, especially if OK St. wins big over OU. How much such a loss would hurt Alabama, I don't know, but it could hurt.

In complete agreement...

Old 11-25-2011, 07:51 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
I believe Bama will beat Auburn convincingly. They obviously have alot riding on this game. Another important thing about this game is the Heisman. Richardson needs to come out and have an outstanding game to keep his chances going. If he goes for 150+ yards, he might have sealed the trophy though RGIII still has two games left and Luck one more.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:59 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,130 times
If ok st wins next weekend, then I want a Cowboys/Tigers NC game. I like Bama, but they already had their head to head chance. Ok st lost a tough, Friday game, a few days after a campus disaster. Of all the scenarios left, they are the fairest choice, and have the most ability to hang with Lsu.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:00 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,130 times
I almost feel like we should just give Lsu the trophy now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football