Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 04:09 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,877,946 times

Advertisements

Sigh...the bitterness never ends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 04:12 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,518,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
OSU blew the doors off of a great OU team. That in and of it's self should have put them in the NC over Bama.
You show you know nothing about college football by calling OU a great team.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Not really, the two "best" teams currently are debatable...

This system would ensure national appeal to the title game-- and not just "conference" appeal.
It would allow for conferences to determine how they stack up against each other-- which should be one of the points of bowl games.
Yikes. So the game should be the most appeal and not the two best teams.

Each team beat 3 teams that finished in BCS top 25. The average rank for OSU is 15 and it is 17 for Bama. Pretty much a wash and then it's obvious who has the best loss.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
We've already seen this game.

Using the logic they are using this year to justify this rematch, OU should have played texas in 2009 for the BCS MNC.Texas only loss was to a top 5 team on the road while florida lost to a POS ole miss team @ home. I'm sure you would have been totally cool with that rematch. Oh but wait, that year ESPiN was beating the "who have they beat" drum, this year they beat "who did they lose to" drum. Couldn't have anything to do with their 2.5 BILLION dollar deal with the SEC could it?

Look, one of the last teams I would ever want to see play for it all would be Oklahoma State. For me it comes down this, having a rematch for the MNC is lame as ****. It's not whining, its just the opinion of this fan and most college football fans.
That POS Ole Miss team won 9 or 10 team games that year. Alabama was #2, but lost to Florida in the SEC title game, therefore giving OU the nod to play in the title game.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:18 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Yikes. So the game should be the most appeal and not the two best teams.

Each team beat 3 teams that finished in BCS top 25. The average rank for OSU is 15 and it is 17 for Bama. Pretty much a wash and then it's obvious who has the best loss.
oSu beat 4 top 25 teams (avg rank 13.5). 'Bama beat 3 top 25 teams (Avg rank 17.6). Just to clarify.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
We've already seen this game.

Using the logic they are using this year to justify this rematch, OU should have played texas in 2009 for the BCS MNC.Texas only loss was to a top 5 team on the road while florida lost to a POS ole miss team @ home. I'm sure you would have been totally cool with that rematch. Oh but wait, that year ESPiN was beating the "who have they beat" drum, this year they beat "who did they lose to" drum. Couldn't have anything to do with their 2.5 BILLION dollar deal with the SEC could it?

Look, one of the last teams I would ever want to see play for it all would be Oklahoma State. For me it comes down this, having a rematch for the MNC is lame as ****. It's not whining, its just the opinion of this fan and most college football fans.
Except UF played a much tougher schedule. You do realize Texas Tech beat UT and then got beat by Ole Miss in a bowl game right?

Old 12-06-2011, 04:21 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,935,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
You show you know nothing about college football by calling OU a great team.
I meant to put decent OU team. Either way, my 08 NC championship game logic stands. Florida loses to Ole Miss at home, they go to the NC. Texas loses to number 5 Tech, on the road, they don't get the nod. Where was our OU/Texas rematch?

Old 12-06-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
oSu beat 4 top 25 teams. 'Bama beat 3. Just to clarify.
I left out Baylor. That still doesn't make up for losing to a horrible team that was 6-6.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
The sports media perfectly OMITS those facts, to get into an all-SEC NC game.
So now the media is to blame for wanting a rematch..LMAO

Old 12-06-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I meant to put decent OU team. Either way, my 08 NC championship game logic stands. Florida loses to Ole Miss at home, they go to the NC. Texas loses to number 5 Tech, on the road, they don't get the nod. Where was our OU/Texas rematch?
That was a much closer debate than Bama/OSU personally. Florida benefited from a great schedule and beating Bama in title game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football