U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 05:48 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,614,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
If your logic is that USC could beat Stanford if given another opportunity, why are you arguing against the same logic suggesting Oregon could win a rematch against SC?
The game went into overtime. USC-Oregon did not. USC rang up 38 points by the start of the 4th quarter, before cruising and letting Oregon back in the game. Two totally different games. USC clearly finished the season stronger than Oregon, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 06:10 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,020,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
The game went into overtime. USC-Oregon did not. USC rang up 38 points by the start of the 4th quarter, before cruising and letting Oregon back in the game. Two totally different games. USC clearly finished the season stronger than Oregon, too.
This was a post by you in another thread:

"A case in point is the Oregon-USC game. Oregon fell behind 38-14 against USC. Everyone knew that wasn't the real Oregon team, and that the Ducks would make it closer in the second half, which they did."

So, now SC was just cruising. Yeah, you just babble nonsensically at times. Keep riding that SC jock bro. I'm out.

Good luck with UGA (isn't that the team that lost to Colorado last year? Naw, no team loses to Colorado, do they?).

Go Ducks!!!

Last edited by Acuda; 11-29-2011 at 06:38 PM..

Old 11-30-2011, 06:04 AM

8,345 posts, read 14,119,342 times
Quote:
The USC-Stanford game went into OT because Andrew Luck gifted the Trojans a pick 6 on a terrible throw; then driving down for what was then the tieing TD on the subsequent drive. In a rematch, Luck corrects the error and Stanford wins in regulation.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:08 AM

1,567 posts, read 2,085,670 times
USC is the only team in the newly formed PAC 12 that will ever win a national championships. Oregon is 1 and done. especially when you consider that all those players they get from so cal will go back to being recruited by USC now that they're program has bean cleaned up. Oregon is one of those teams that's hard to play if you don't have time to prepare for them but they seem to get handled in bowl games and season openers. That game the played against Boise st a couple years ago was embarrassing. I don't think they had a first down until the 3rd qt and that was when they had Blunt.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:04 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,614,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
Oregon is one of those teams that's hard to play if you don't have time to prepare for them but they seem to get handled in bowl games and season openers. That game the played against Boise st a couple years ago was embarrassing. I don't think they had a first down until the 3rd qt and that was when they had Blunt.
I said this a few weeks back, and I agree (at least for now). I think that's the book on Oregon, and that's why I think they'll have trouble with Wisconsin in particular, should they meet in the Rose Bowl, which I predict will happen. Oregon has great coaching and they do have a fair amount of talent on their teams, but they're still soft on the lines. Again, that's for now.

In another year or two, though, I would watch out for Oregon. Chip Kelly knows what's up, and I think he's going to do what USC did under Carroll in 2003, 2004, and 2005. He's going to bring in jumbo-sized guys, and they're going to put them on the lines. And they're going to get tutelage under some of the better line coaches in the game. Watch how Oregon improves from week to week, and it's impressive. Right now, they're working with average to above average sized lineman. Next year and the year after, the line will probably average 6'5"/6'6" and 300+ pounds...Big 10/SEC sized linemen. And when you combine that with the outrageous speed of some of the skill position players, it's frightening to think about what they could do. They could be absolutely unstoppable on offense.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:25 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,723,768 times
Who cares if SC is the best in conference??

Fact, had SC beat ASU and Stanford then you would have a case.

They could not play to due violations, so this needs to stop all the if, ands, and butts.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:14 PM

2,015 posts, read 2,017,162 times
Quote:
USC struggled in the first half of the season, but they've looked really good ever since they lost in OT to Stanford. You can say what you want about unimpressive first half performances, but they still won that game against U of O. It's one of those years when you look at a team and realize that if this were a 16-game regular season and had a playoff system, a team like USC could run the table - at least until they play a team from another conference.
I agree 100% and if USC played ASU again they would've ripped them apart. The bottom line is USC beat Oregon intheir own stadium and I am confident they were a better team then Oregon when the two teams played.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The USC-Stanford game went into OT because Andrew Luck gifted the Trojans a pick 6 on a terrible throw; then driving down for what was then the tieing TD on the subsequent drive. In a rematch, Luck corrects the error and Stanford wins in regulation.
Andrew luck never gifts a pick 6. USC earned the pick 6.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:59 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,020,527 times
Barkley to stay at SC and get dealt with by the Ducks in LA. There will be no repeat of this year's bs. Mark that down. Oregon is going to be a BEAST next year and anything less than a NC run will be utter failure.

Last edited by Acuda; 12-22-2011 at 02:10 PM..

Old 01-05-2012, 09:11 AM

I think USC has taken over as the class of the Pac 12, overtaking Oregon as the favorite for the 2012 season. I think with Matt Barkley’s return for his senior season and essentially returning almost everyone including his two star wide receivers, not only are they favorite to win the Pac 12, they may be the preseason No.1 team in the country and they will be a contender for the national championship.

I see Stanford falling off the pace with the departure of Andrew Luck. Maybe to the point of no longer even being a relevant football program. Oregon will win the Pac 12 north, with USC winning the south and the Pac 12 championship game. With Lane Kiffin and his staff and their recruiting abilities, with Pat Haden as AD I can see USC at the beginning of another run at prominence, maybe even better then what Pete Carroll did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football