Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 01:21 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times

Advertisements

I think USC is the best in the Pac-12. Too bad no championship game or bowl game for them. Instead we all have to watch an over-rated UCLA team play Oregon. Boo hoo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 02:50 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
I don't have to spin ****. Oregon is soon to be Pac-10 Champs for the 3rd straight year and off to the Rose Bowl. USC has 2 losses, 2 losses in the Pac-12 against teams that Oregon hammered. To believe that USC would be able to come back to Autzen and win again is naive. Oregon rarely loses at home and sure as heck not with the teams they have been putting on the field lately. Oregon would blow out SUC if they played them again (much like the two previous years).

Go Ducks!!! Beat UCLA!!!

Old 11-28-2011, 06:25 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,725 times
When you lose to ASU then sorry you're not the best, yes, it was early in the season, but to be considered the best team, you must have the best record in conference play.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:30 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I don't have to spin ****. Oregon is soon to be Pac-10 Champs for the 3rd straight year and off to the Rose Bowl. USC has 2 losses, 2 losses in the Pac-12 against teams that Oregon hammered. To believe that USC would be able to come back to Autzen and win again is naive. Oregon rarely loses at home and sure as heck not with the teams they have been putting on the field lately. Oregon would blow out SUC if they played them again (much like the two previous years).

Go Ducks!!! Beat UCLA!!!
PAC 10 champs...by beating a team that just fired its coach and won't even be bowl eligible after this weekend.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:32 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
When you lose to ASU then sorry you're not the best, yes, it was early in the season, but to be considered the best team, you must have the best record in conference play.
But wouldn't USC normally have the chance to play Oregon, and not UCLA?

Granted, USC deserves their current punishment, but I'm just saying...looks like USC was the best team in the PAC 10 in the second half of the season, no?

Old 11-28-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
PAC 10 champs...by beating a team that just fired its coach and won't even be bowl eligible after this weekend.
In the immortal words of Ice-T- "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

We would love to have another chance to smack SC in the jaw. Given the opportunity, Chip Kelly would use what he learned in that SC game and schemed for the rematch. We're a young team, a young program, with a young coach. To get to the top, you're gonna stumble along the way. But, we are gonna get there. We'll just keep watering the bamboo.

You can marginalize the CCG all you want. You're right, it is weak, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Oregon will be crowned Pac-10 Champ 3 years in a row (unless the unthinkable happens). Larry Scott certainly did not foresee this as the inaugural CCG.

You can back SC all you want, but they ended up with the 3rd best record in the Pac-12. And even if they had been eligible for the CCG, they would have still had to come to our house and win again- not an easy task. Oregon would have been favored to win it anyways and I think the Ducks would have rolled.

Things will be put in order next year. Oh, wait, they have been in order the last 3 years...

Feel free to watch the game. We'll be the team with the 2nd-4th team in during the late stages. No use padding the stats. Fight On!

Last edited by Acuda; 11-28-2011 at 07:37 PM..

Old 11-28-2011, 09:10 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Young team and young coach...like the one that returned from a MNC game last season?

Say what you wish to, but that's on UO's players for taking another AQ conference team with (normally) 85 scholarship players on it lightly. That's still a home "L" that they dug themselves a deep hole in.

SC won't be on probation next season, either. Let the boys on the field decide it. You're not helping the Ducks cause.

(Not that I care, mind you, but this sounds like SECfan trying to spin up having a strong bottom of the conference while having Ole ****, Kentucky, Tennessee in the fold...)

Old 11-29-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Young team and young coach...like the one that returned from a MNC game last season?

Say what you wish to, but that's on UO's players for taking another AQ conference team with (normally) 85 scholarship players on it lightly. That's still a home "L" that they dug themselves a deep hole in.

SC won't be on probation next season, either. Let the boys on the field decide it. You're not helping the Ducks cause.

(Not that I care, mind you, but this sounds like SECfan trying to spin up having a strong bottom of the conference while having Ole ****, Kentucky, Tennessee in the fold...)
Whatever bro. You don't even know what you are talking about. USC's major sanctions are to begin next year. They have only missed bowl games. No schollies have been cut due to their appeal. That begins next year and will continue for 3 years. They were at full strength.

I don't have to help anyone. The Ducks may have just gone to the NC, but we are still young- 13 seniors and only a few start and most are not even in the 2 deep. Not to mention, Kelly has been a head coach less than 3 years- pretty impressive record for most coaches. Only gonna get better.

Oregon Ducks- Soon to be 3 TIME PAC-12 CHAMPIONS!!

Old 11-29-2011, 11:03 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,849,949 times
USC will probably be hurting for a while, I know Oklahoma went through probation during the early 90s and it took them years to get back on track. And it was similar to this where they had a decent record for the first year or two and then gradually got worse as the restrictions on the scholarships really started to affect things.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:09 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I know they were embarrassed by Az. State, and I know that they lost to Stanford in OT, but I think they could be Stanford if they played again. And they've beaten Oregon, which was previously considered to be the best team in the PAC 12, in a must-win game at Autzen Stadium. They'd be ranked in my top ten if they were playing for something this year.
If your logic is that USC could beat Stanford if given another opportunity, why are you arguing against the same logic suggesting Oregon could win a rematch against SC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football