U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2011, 08:35 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,416,856 times

Advertisements

Kristi Malzahn (wife of Gus Malzahn, the offensive coordinator for Auburn) had a CRAZY interview hit youtube. She does everything from making fun of Lou Holtz's lisp to lusting over Cam Newton. And in between she admits she knows nothing about Auburn, is happy her kids are out of the house because they get on her nerves, and calls Michael Dyer challenged.... She has removed her twitter since the video hit.

Will this affect him getting a head coading job?

Kristi Malzahn, Coach Gus Malzahn's wife, talks (too much) about Auburn football and more. - YouTube

Last edited by Mr. GE; 11-27-2011 at 08:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 09:06 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,020,527 times
Too funny. Holy god, she is a wacko!

Old 11-27-2011, 09:12 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,248,016 times
That was painful to watch. She obviously was trying to come off as being funny and shooting from the hip but boy she is wacko, drunk, or both.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:40 PM

16,532 posts, read 21,000,381 times
In life I thought I heard it all. Guess not though. Thanks GE!

Old 11-27-2011, 11:02 PM

1,080 posts, read 828,691 times
Seems like she was auditioning for standup. . .

Old 11-27-2011, 11:41 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,719,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Kristi Malzahn (wife of Gus Malzahn, the offensive coordinator for Auburn) had a CRAZY interview hit youtube. She does everything from making fun of Lou Holtz's lisp to lusting over Cam Newton. And in between she admits she knows nothing about Auburn, is happy her kids are out of the house because they get on her nerves, and calls Michael Dyer challenged.... She has removed her twitter since the video hit.

Will this affect him getting a head coading job?

Kristi Malzahn, Coach Gus Malzahn's wife, talks (too much) about Auburn football and more. - YouTube
Yeh, this is absolutely hilarious!

One of the writers on CBS sports had it up yesterday so I watched and just thought to myself this lady is DRUNK! Look how she sits in the chair and her pompous voice and gesturing is nauseating to watch. I'm wondering why a megachurch pastor would want to interview this woman as an example of someone to emulate. She probably won't have any other church speaking engagements any time soon.

I'm with Buzz, I'm guessing she was trying to have some fun....but she went WAY TOO FAR. Holy Cow! Her husband should have told her to tone it way down before she got up there and opened her trap.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:59 PM

14,154 posts, read 19,796,618 times
She would have slept on the couch that night.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:32 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,416,856 times
yea this is one of those "mortified" moments... she has to be embarrassed. Gus is probably the ONLY person who is not surprised by the interview because he knows firsthand how she is. lol...

Old 11-29-2011, 08:26 AM

28,905 posts, read 46,785,778 times
Well, I am going to be empathetic. Put just about ANYONE who is not trained in front of a camera for an hour and they're going to basically crap themselves. They will babble insensibly. They will not put an intervening gear between their brain and mouth. And the list of faux pas goes on. I'm in the biz, and I don't let any of my clients on camera until they have been coached exhaustively. While Gus is an Xs and Os kind of guy, I'm sure he didn't talk to his wife about her on-camera appearance beforehand. I bet she'll be taking some courses on the subject really soon.

I think the thing that will not get Gus hired (Or at least give ADs pause) was Auburn's abysmal offensive performance this year. Mind you, the team had to totally replace its offensive line, a Heisman-winning QB, a stud running back and a killer receiver (Not to mention four players getting arrested in the off-season), but c'mon. The offense peaked at mid-season and collapsed after that.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:31 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,903,179 times
Whoa...to answer the OP yes. You can't hire someone with a wacko spouse for a position thats a significant income generator for a school unless he is very proven as a top dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or