U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 12:24 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,888,618 times

Advertisements

Conference champions should only play for NC game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 07:10 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,947,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Exactly... The SEC has been dealing with this for years. The loser of the SEC Championship is usually not always in a BCS bowl game. Arkansas got in last year, not South Carolina.
Arkansas is in the West, South Carolina is in the East. In the past 10 years outside Florida, the East teams suck. Just look at this year; 4 of the 6 teams are just at .500 or below. Anyways back to the point, the second team in the West doesn't go to the SEC Championship as it is East vs West.

To the original complaint...
The Big 10 isn't that great. They have benefitted from the 11 team non-championship system for too long. Mich St had no business playing Alabama last year. The rest of the those teams got hammered (minus Ohio St) i.e. showing the conference being overrated. Welcome to the Real World.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:37 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,415,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Arkansas is in the West, South Carolina is in the East. In the past 10 years outside Florida, the East teams suck. Just look at this year; 4 of the 6 teams are just at .500 or below. Anyways back to the point, the second team in the West doesn't go to the SEC Championship as it is East vs West.

Slow you horses... Im the last person that needs an SEC lesson. I was just using an example with last year.

And you are wrong about the east just being florida...
Georgia has been 3 times since 2000 having only a loss or 2 on their resume... And they won 2 of those games!
And Tennessee has gon twice in the past 10 years. And they were #1 in the BCS in one of them and only 2 losses in the other... so not sure what you talking about when you say the east teams suck?

The power has shifted to the west but there was a time when the west was terrible too... its all a circle, it will come back around.

Last edited by Mr. GE; 12-01-2011 at 08:14 AM..

Old 12-01-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
And you are wrong about the east just being florida...
Georgia has been 3 times since 2000 having only a loss or 2 on their resume... And they won 2 of those games!
And Tennessee has gon twice in the past 10 years. And they were #1 in the BCS in one of them and only 2 losses in the other... so not sure what you talking about when you say the east teams suck?
This is what I mean...
- Kentucky and Vandy have NEVER been competitive in FOOTBALL. There goes 2...
- South Carolina has been a 5+ loss team for 9 out of 10 years. There goes another...

Now we are down to 3...
- Tennessee... First, Tennessee hasn't finished #1 since the 90s (which then they were a pretty good team). They have had 3 good seasons since 2000 (one 2 loss season and two 3 loss seasons). Beyond on that, you have an average team to terrible team. 5 of those years had 6+ loss seasons. Not good.
- Mark Richt has been on "job alert" for a couple years now. That should explain the state of Georgia football. A couple good years... sure... but again the only hard team in the East those years was Florida who they lost to 18 out of 21 times since 1990 (this year not counted since Florida is in downed state i.e. someone else could take the East)...

That is what I mean.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
This is what I mean...
- Kentucky and Vandy have NEVER been competitive in FOOTBALL. There goes 2...
- South Carolina has been a 5+ loss team for 9 out of 10 years. There goes another...

Now we are down to 3...
- Tennessee... First, Tennessee hasn't finished #1 since the 90s (which then they were a pretty good team). They have had 3 good seasons since 2000 (one 2 loss season and two 3 loss seasons). Beyond on that, you have an average team to terrible team. 5 of those years had 6+ loss seasons. Not good.
- Mark Richt has been on "job alert" for a couple years now. That should explain the state of Georgia football. A couple good years... sure... but again the only hard team in the East those years was Florida who they lost to 18 out of 21 times since 1990 (this year not counted since Florida is in downed state i.e. someone else could take the East)...

That is what I mean.

Same can be said of Ole Miss and Miss State...

Arkansas & South Carolina cancel each other out as neither have been a power...

So Bama, Auburn, & LSU have won some titles. That matches with the East... Tenn, Georgia, & Florida.

So what are you saying again?

Old 12-01-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
So Bama, Auburn, & LSU have won some titles. That matches with the East... Tenn, Georgia, & Florida.
Correction... Florida is the only East team with a National Championship since 2000. Even the two Florida won still doesn't match what the West had.

But the rest of your comment is fair.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Correction... Florida is the only East team with a National Championship since 2000. Even the two Florida won still doesn't match what the West had.

But the rest of your comment is fair.
I was talking sec titles... & I didn't say since 2K in that comment... I'm just saying period. 3 teams in each division have won sec titles. One is not more dominant than the other when you look at the history of the SEC Championship. Your original comment stated that the East has sucked besides Florida, which is why the East teams dont go to BCS games. I was just pointing out that the statement you made is simply not true.

Last edited by Mr. GE; 12-01-2011 at 10:36 PM..

Old 12-03-2011, 10:31 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,888,618 times
LSU vs OSU...only fair scenario...offense vs defense....great game.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:23 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,747,144 times
Agree, LSU vs. OSU is the only way to go here.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:25 PM

3,961 posts, read 2,514,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Your questions says, Give me a playoff!
Yep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football