U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-04-2011, 10:29 PM

4,428 posts, read 1,531,808 times

Advertisements

I have a feeling I will change these, but I will start this thread any and make the official city-data bowl predictions thread.

BCS Title Game: Hard game to pick and I'm a biased LSU fan. I'll be honest and say that I think the first game was one that Alabama probably should have one. It also showed the Tide's real strengths: physically they are the strongest team in the nation. They bruise the hell out of teams for 3 quarters and run them right over in the 4th.

LSU's at a disadvantage when it comes to the lines, but that disadvantage is not all that great. LSU can hold its own, as they proved in November. The real advantage for LSU is overall team speed, although Alabama's speed is deceptive. LSU probably has more ways to beat teams than Alabama does. Not so much on offense, but they make huge plays on defense, and on special teams.

This game will come down to coaching and execution (duh). I think that if Alabama holds on to the football, and especially if they can find ways to soften up LSU's defense on the run just enough to get Richardson going early, the Tide will probably win the game. If LSU can make some big plays and maybe find ways to get creative on offense (as the Mad Hatter only can), then I think LSU will win. I hate to do this, but I'm probably going to take Alabama in a game that starts out slow, but opens up a little bit in the second half: 17-13.

As for the rest...

Rose: Oregon over Wisconsin 38-35.

Fiesta: Oklahoma St. over Stanford 45-24

Sugar: Michigan over VT 28-17

Orange: Clemson over West Virginia 35-21

Alamo: Baylor over Washington 42-21

Insight: OU Sooners over Iowa 38-21

Outback: Georgia over Michigan St. 31-21* (good matchup, could go either way)

Cotton: Arkansas over Kansas St. 38-35* (*really good matchup, could definitely go either way).

Haven't really had time to analyze the teams yet, so I might change my picks, but this is what my gut says right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 10:35 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,185,048 times
Good thread. I'm sure I'll post my picks sometime.

You should join the bowl pick 'em.
**Official** 3rd Annual City-Data CFB Bowl Pick 'em!

Old 12-04-2011, 10:53 PM

8,717 posts, read 4,505,765 times
BCS Title Game: I'll take Alabama in a close one. I picked LSU the last time around but I think Alabama will find a way to win this one.

Rose: Oregon over Wisconsin

Fiesta: Oklahoma St. over Stanford-Stanford's defense will have a hard time stopping OSU so I think OSU will win by at least two TD's in that game.

Sugar: Michigan over VT

Orange: Clemson over West Virginia

Alamo: Baylor over Washington

Insight: OU Sooners over Iowa

Outback: Georgia over Michigan St.

Cotton: Arkansas over Kansas St.-I really like Kansas State but I think Arky will be too much for them. Arky's defense will find a way to stop Collin Klein, or at least slow him down....lol.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:29 PM

1,941 posts, read 1,969,969 times
Funny picture of Oregon's backfield at Disneyland (Space Mountain)

http://twitter.com/KBDeuce4/status/1.../photo/1/large

Old 01-02-2012, 01:50 AM

15,748 posts, read 15,935,042 times
Wisconsin bests Oregon in "Beef Bowl"

This really isnt a surprise.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:39 PM

8,567 posts, read 5,234,479 times
Quote:
Fiesta: Oklahoma St. over Stanford-Stanford's defense will have a hard time stopping OSU so I think OSU will win by at least two TD's in that game.
Way to go Okie St...

I'm usually for the other orange team but real happy for the Cowboys.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:40 PM

1,354 posts, read 2,591,400 times
I was really wrong about Houston. I thought they were kind of like Hawaii was a few years ago, but turns out they're more like TCU.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:59 PM

3,320 posts, read 2,566,395 times
I'm picking Alabama in the BCS Game.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:00 PM

3,320 posts, read 2,566,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
I was really wrong about Houston. I thought they were kind of like Hawaii was a few years ago, but turns out they're more like TCU.
Penn State isn't all that good, especially without their QB & all the other distractions.

Houston probably was somewhere in between Hawaii of 2006 (was that the year?) and TCU of 2010. They were much better than 2011's TCU or Hawaii.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:02 PM
JL

6,382 posts, read 7,006,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Penn State isn't all that good, especially without their QB & all the other distractions.

Houston probably was somewhere in between Hawaii of 2006 (was that the year?) and TCU of 2010. They were much better than 2011's TCU or Hawaii.
From what they were saying, Penn St. had the 5th ranked passing defense in the nation and Keenum shredded them.

I'm gonna pick Bama in a squeaker over LSU tonite....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football