U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 08:59 PM

4,204 posts, read 3,817,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
I wish OU would have gone to the SEC. I think they could be competitive there, and would have to go back to their defensive mindset of 12 years ago to do so.
I'm with you totally on this. Much of the Sooner fanbase that I know felt the same way too. Too bad that train has done passed us by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 06:01 AM

411 posts, read 74,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Wonder if this is true?

New Champions Bowl in line for $80 million payout from ESPN | Big 12 Sports | a mySA.com blog

ESPN offers $80 million annually to televise the Big12/SEC Champions bowl game?
That is AWESOME. The money is good, but these two conferences playing head to head is even BETTER!

Old 08-01-2012, 06:01 AM

4,905 posts, read 3,181,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I'm with you totally on this. Much of the Sooner fanbase that I know felt the same way too. Too bad that train has done passed us by.
But you know the Red River Shootout would continue in Big D.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:03 AM

411 posts, read 74,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
LOL...

Hey don't knock the SoCon... I played at Wofford.

Davidson doesnt play football by the way. The football powerhouses are App St, GA Southern, and Wofford.

The reason the SEC is not called the Southern Conference is because the SoCon was first, established in 1921. The SEC didnt come along til '32 so they had no choice but to use something like Southeastern.
SEC has a better ring to it anyway, although success plays a huge role in that moniker sounding good.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
But you know the Red River Shootout would continue in Big D.
I think the fanbase of both the Sooners/Horns would have found a way to make it happen even if the game wasn't scheduled!

Bring it, Horns!!!

Old 08-01-2012, 09:44 AM

Default Missouri *Facepalm*

Missouri Football: Farm Shows off Creativity with SEC Corn Maze | Bleacher Report

It cracks me up how Oklahoma/Texas are essentially wiped out with the words "New Era." Coincidence? I'm guessing, no.

Good riddance, Mizzou. Maybe you'll be middle (maybe!) of the pack in the SEC East.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:37 AM

4,905 posts, read 3,181,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Missouri Football: Farm Shows off Creativity with SEC Corn Maze | Bleacher Report

It cracks me up how Oklahoma/Texas are essentially wiped out with the words "New Era." Coincidence? I'm guessing, no.

Good riddance, Mizzou. Maybe you'll be middle (maybe!) of the pack in the SEC East.
What with the bad drought up there ruining the corn crop, that ShowMe aggy may regret his mental lapse.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:06 AM

2,490 posts, read 1,196,369 times
Quote:
What with the bad drought up there ruining the corn crop, that ShowMe aggy may regret his mental lapse.
I'm sure its subsidized...

Old 08-23-2012, 10:17 AM

9 posts, read 5,422 times
a few more days to go. cant wait..im a tigers fan and i love the sec as a whole but about a&m and missouri joining in...meh i guess. why didnt texas and ou join.. would have been a better deal if you ask me they would be able to play in a more competitive conference and the aggies would have had a shot at winning a conference title for once..but then again i hardly agree with any of the conference realignments none i was especially thrilled about so far that i can think of off the top of my head

Old 08-28-2012, 04:00 PM

15,517 posts, read 15,166,852 times
Aggies opener gets cancelled due to Isaac. Now they get the Gators towelcome them to the SEC at Kyle field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football