U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 07:09 PM

567 posts, read 853,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post
RTR! I think the additions are just weird. But change is inevitable. Bring'em on. They gonna have to enjoy losing.
LOL, yeah have to give A&M credit though, not too many teams out there want to wake up and see Bama on their schedule!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 01:51 AM

3,436 posts, read 5,794,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
A&M has lost several recruits because of their move to the SEC.

And their new coach's success at Houston was built on Art Briles' recruits.

A&M will continue to be mediocre at best, IMO.
While I am not counting on much out of Aggee, let's not go overboard here. Case Keenum only had to dink and dunk his way to big numbers...and bubble screen a bunch, too. I think A&M can find a better way of doing things than that. I am pretty sure they have the talent on board to do so already.

I love that smashmouth SEC style, too...Florida-spread, MSU-spread, Auburn-spread, Ole Miss-spread(?), Arky-spread, Vandy-spread, UGA-spread...some of that may have changed, but you get the idea.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:08 AM

8,405 posts, read 8,395,604 times
A&M has been pretty much a bottom half dweller in the Big 12 South for 15 years, so I don't believe they will improve any in the vaunted SEC West.

The aggys are counting on recruiting better with their move, but that is just a fantasy as the current decommitments are proving as we speak. The other SEC powers will be poaching the aggy recruits.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:46 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,416,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
While I am not counting on much out of Aggee, let's not go overboard here. Case Keenum only had to dink and dunk his way to big numbers...and bubble screen a bunch, too. I think A&M can find a better way of doing things than that. I am pretty sure they have the talent on board to do so already.

I love that smashmouth SEC style, too...Florida-spread, MSU-spread, Auburn-spread, Ole Miss-spread(?), Arky-spread, Vandy-spread, UGA-spread...some of that may have changed, but you get the idea.
Georgia is not a spread like the rest... they just line up in the shotgun sometimes. they run a pro style offense. they dont run any read option spread like the rest.

Also, the rest of those teams you named besides Arkansas (they dont do any read option either) are not very successful in the SEC at the moment running those offenses...

Old 01-03-2012, 04:07 PM

3,458 posts, read 3,116,128 times
Quote:
A&M has been pretty much a bottom half dweller in the Big 12 South for 15 years, so I don't believe they will improve any in the vaunted SEC West.

The aggys are counting on recruiting better with their move, but that is just a fantasy as the current decommitments are proving as we speak. The other SEC powers will be poaching the aggy recruits.
longhorn propaganda doesn't belong in the SEC thread.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:06 PM

8,405 posts, read 8,395,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
longhorn propaganda doesn't belong in the SEC thread.
That's just a fact of life for the delusional aggys

Old 01-03-2012, 05:38 PM

3,458 posts, read 3,116,128 times
Quote:
That's just a fact of life for the delusional aggys
well, their coach just got fired. that's going to cause some players to decommit. has nothing to do with the SEC.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
SEC is my conference too, and I cannot wait to leave the Rust Belt and move to SC and cheer those Gamecocks on. Not thrilled with the addition of the Aggies or Missouri (can't say Tigers cuz there's just so many of em). I also hope Tennessee can turn things around next year, wow what a bad season they had.
Man I think SC has an edge on Georgia, they're both great teams! Tenn is going to be better, those key injuries just hurt them, but they will bounce back!

Old 02-05-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post
RTR! I think the additions are just weird. But change is inevitable. Bring'em on. They gonna have to enjoy losing.
LOL, yeap Bama play both of them!

Old 02-05-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
A&M has lost several recruits because of their move to the SEC.

And their new coach's success at Houston was built on Art Briles' recruits.

A&M will continue to be mediocre at best, IMO.
Thanks for sharing your opinion, but I have to disagree with you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football