U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 07:57 PM

567 posts, read 852,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus awreetus-awrightus View Post
well, their coach just got fired. That's going to cause some players to decommit. Has nothing to do with the sec.
thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 06:51 AM

8,385 posts, read 8,381,230 times
Whatever.

But you SEC guys just got yourself a couple of punching bags that won't do anything to upgrade your conference any more than it is.

I like Mizzou (my Dad was Class of 1933), but A$M is just providing y'all with a better pipeline to Texas talent. The aggys are too dumb to see that.

Enjoy your extra wins and you are welcome to these "guys":

Last edited by ScoPro; 02-06-2012 at 07:01 AM..

Old 06-19-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Whatever.

But you SEC guys just got yourself a couple of punching bags that won't do anything to upgrade your conference any more than it is.

I like Mizzou (my Dad was Class of 1933), but A$M is just providing y'all with a better pipeline to Texas talent. The aggys are too dumb to see that.

Enjoy your extra wins and you are welcome to these "guys":
Thank you for your opinion, but man I have to strongly disagree with you! A&M and Mizzou are tough teams! That's really cool your Dad went to Mizzou! JMO, they are perfect for the SEC, but I do think their fan bases will be shock when they see how tough Ole Miss Kentucky Vandy will be any week!

Old 06-20-2012, 02:29 PM

So you expect Mizzou & A&M to fare better in the SEC than they did in the Dinky Dozen?

Old 06-20-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
So you expect Mizzou & A&M to fare better in the SEC than they did in the Dinky Dozen?
Honestly, I think its going to be really rough for them for the first 4 or 5 years! But at the same time A&M is in a better position entering the league, far as a recruiting standpoint, than Arky, SC, Mizzou! And I've always considered the Big 12 second best conference, I think they competed ok in that league! But yeah, the SEC is a weekly grind no matter who you play, and if you fell to show up, things can get ugly real fast!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:44 AM

This last season A&M was 6th in the Big 12-2, then averaged 5th place in the Big 12 South division going back to 2002. Yes, the Big 12 has been playing 2nd fiddle to the SEC, and SEC fans say their conference is better top to bottom. So I fail to see how A&M's weak status in a weaker conference will improve in a tougher conference in the long run, especially with recruiting as the SEC schools will undoubtedly take Texas recruits away from the aggys.

A&M was suckered & used by the SEC, and aggys are too dumb to see it (at least in football). Good job by Slive.

However, A&M brings some strong programs in the lesser mens sports, chickball, polo, archery, and meat judging.

You are welcome to those cultists.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:39 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,381,144 times
I think A&M will probably be around the same mediocre type team in the SEC, I don't think they'll be in the cellar or anything. If things go right in a decade or so they might get to where Arkansas is now. The top teams tend to rotate ever so often so A&M might be able to take an opportunity to advance if some of the current powers hit a dry spell.

I'm less optimistic about Missouri, for no particular reason.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:34 AM

Yep, Mizzou just doesn't have the resources like A&M does....but they won't be celler-dwellers either.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:22 PM

5,413 posts, read 7,712,582 times
Quote:
This last season A&M was 6th in the Big 12-2, then averaged 5th place in the Big 12 South division going back to 2002. Yes, the Big 12 has been playing 2nd fiddle to the SEC, and SEC fans say their conference is better top to bottom. So I fail to see how A&M's weak status in a weaker conference will improve in a tougher conference in the long run, especially with recruiting as the SEC schools will undoubtedly take Texas recruits away from the aggys.

A&M was suckered & used by the SEC, and aggys are too dumb to see it (at least in football). Good job by Slive.

However, A&M brings some strong programs in the lesser mens sports, chickball, polo, archery, and meat judging.

You are welcome to those cultists.
Yep, and the SEC Faithful thought the LSU fans were nutty! They ain't seen nothing like the Aggie.

Good luck with that SEC!

Old 06-21-2012, 04:07 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,414,891 times
Quote:
So I fail to see how A&M's weak status in a weaker conference will improve in a tougher conference in the long run
It won't for 10-15 years... I posted about this in another thread months ago. So you are absolutely correct for the first few years.

They will be just like South Carolina/Arkansas was... An SEC loser for many years. Who after 20 years in the conference still have not one an SEC title. However, they are now at the top of their division's programs. This is all because of the influence of the SEC. Before South Carolina was in the SEC their top players went to schools like Penn State, Clemson, and other SEC schools. Now most of the top players in their state go to South Carolina. The SEC does one thing of locking down their borders. Of course A&M cant lock down Texas (its too big). but they can certainly get better players.

This is what being in the SEC will do for A&M. They were never going to be at the top of the Big12. Those program's fates are sealed. Things are status quo. The SEC will atleast breathe in new blood to A&M. And again it will not be noticeable for the first 4-8 years. But around year 10 there will begin to be a shift. An upward trend... and it will only improve their program. Then the next 5-10 years they will improve dramatically. That doesnt mean they are going to win an SEC title. But being the 3-5 best teams in the SEC is a hell of lot more important than being that same number in the Big12.

Who would have thought SC or Arkansas would be top 10 programs 20 years ago? Not many... The impact the SEC has will not show up immediately. It takes time for that. But Both schools have the size, talent pool, and resources to become top programs in the SEC model. I'm not saying they will be powerhouses and win the SEC. But in 20 years I expect them to have reached some relative success in the SEC similar to Arkansas and South Carolina. Again, both of whom have NOT won an SEC Championship. Yet are both top programs right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football