U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2011, 11:09 PM

14,095 posts, read 23,718,034 times

Advertisements

If you didn't watch this bowl game, you missed a great game. The Cajuns won the game but San Diego gave them a great battle. San Diego came from behind to take the lead with less than a minute left in the game. Cajuns managed to get across the field and with a few seconds left, scored a 50 yard field goal to win the game. There were several passes caught in pass interference and a few single handed pass catches. Last time the Cajuns won a bowl game was 1944.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 02:36 PM

14,276 posts, read 24,042,546 times
And the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl was also decided in the last minute.

Who would have thought that after Day 1,

MAC 2-0 (Ohio, Temple)
MWC 0-2 (San Diego St., Utah State)

Old 12-18-2011, 06:45 PM

4,893 posts, read 3,984,985 times
both were good, I went 2-1 on the ESPN contest though as I thought Utah State would win
I was pretty sure about La-Lafayette though...they played well all year and New Orleans is almost like a home game for them.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:39 PM

14,095 posts, read 23,718,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
both were good, I went 2-1 on the ESPN contest though as I thought Utah State would win
I was pretty sure about La-Lafayette though...they played well all year and New Orleans is almost like a home game for them.
Their season was tough having their by week just before their last season game. They lost a sophomore player early in the season. He nearly died of a MRSA infection that got into his blood stream. He was told he'd never play football again. He was on the sideline last night. I hope most of the bowl games are so close. Local news reported that for this bowl game, more than 42,000 showed up, about 12,000 more than the previous record for this bowl game.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:10 PM

14,276 posts, read 24,042,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Their season was tough having their by week just before their last season game. They lost a sophomore player early in the season. He nearly died of a MRSA infection that got into his blood stream. He was told he'd never play football again. He was on the sideline last night. I hope most of the bowl games are so close. Local news reported that for this bowl game, more than 42,000 showed up, about 12,000 more than the previous record for this bowl game.

This is the first time that a relatively local team actually made it to the New Orleans Bowl. It has normally been either North Texas or Troy seven of the past ten years. Bowl officials did everything they could to get ULL over either Arkansas State or Western Kentucky.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:45 PM

711 posts, read 690,228 times
Coach Hudspeth is in his first season at ULL. He used to coach my alma mater, North Alabama. He's an excellent coach. They will do even better next year. I'm sure of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football