Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 07:51 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times

Advertisements

I know they were embarrassed by Az. State, and I know that they lost to Stanford in OT, but I think they could be Stanford if they played again. And they've beaten Oregon, which was previously considered to be the best team in the PAC 12, in a must-win game at Autzen Stadium. They'd be ranked in my top ten if they were playing for something this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 09:32 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
No. First, Oregon came back from 24 down in the 2nd half. So, as good as SC looked in the 1st half (helped considerably by 2 fumbles in the redzone), they looked equally as inferior in the 2nd half. So, you can't really say, well, they looked like world beaters for 1 half, so they are the best in the Pac. And like you said, they were dismantled by a bad ASU team and lost to Stanford

Besides, it would be mighty difficult to walk into Autzen again and beat us. It simply does not happen. It hasn't happened in something like 6 years. Oregon realizes the mistakes we made and we would run over SC imo- just like the last two years.

So, no, USC is not the best team and with two Pac-12 losses, they will be sitting at home praying Barkley returns. Oregon will run roughshod over hapless UCLA and will be crowned 3 time Pac-10 Champion.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
No. First, Oregon came back from 24 down in the 2nd half. So, as good as SC looked in the 1st half (helped considerably by 2 fumbles in the redzone), they looked equally as inferior in the 2nd half. So, you can't really say, well, they looked like world beaters for 1 half, so they are the best in the Pac. And like you said, they were dismantled by a bad ASU team and lost to Stanford

Besides, it would be mighty difficult to walk into Autzen again and beat us. It simply does not happen. It hasn't happened in something like 6 years. Oregon realizes the mistakes we made and we would run over SC imo- just like the last two years.

So, no, USC is not the best team and with two Pac-12 losses, they will be sitting at home praying Barkley returns. Oregon will run roughshod over hapless UCLA and will be crowned 3 time Pac-10 Champion.
USC struggled in the first half of the season, but they've looked really good ever since they lost in OT to Stanford. You can say what you want about unimpressive first half performances, but they still won that game against U of O. It's one of those years when you look at a team and realize that if this were a 16-game regular season and had a playoff system, a team like USC could run the table - at least until they play a team from another conference.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
USC struggled in the first half of the season, but they've looked really good ever since they lost in OT to Stanford. You can say what you want about unimpressive first half performances, but they still won that game against U of O. It's one of those years when you look at a team and realize that if this were a 16-game regular season and had a playoff system, a team like USC could run the table - at least until they play a team from another conference.
And if we made that kick, all of this USC is the team talk would possibly be moot. We had the momentum and I sure would have liked our chances in OT. It was just an example of a very young and skilled team (Oregon) who took the game too lightly- including the coach. Nothing more IMO.

Next year, Oregon will run the table and be in the NC with another chance at the title- because I've decided I'll give up my career and walk-on as a kicker at UO- I can nail a 35 yard with ease. Imagine if I practiced it, a measly 37 yarder should be no prob.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
And if we made that kick, all of this USC is the team talk would possibly be moot. We had the momentum and I sure would have liked our chances in OT. It was just an example of a very young and skilled team (Oregon) who took the game too lightly- including the coach. Nothing more IMO.

Next year, Oregon will run the table and be in the NC with another chance at the title- because I've decided I'll give up my career and walk-on as a kicker at UO- I can nail a 35 yard with ease. Imagine if I practiced it, a measly 37 yarder should be no prob.
I don't think Oregon took that game lightly at all. I think the fact that USC went toe-to-toe with Stanford would have made anyone pay attention to the Trojans, and the Ducks knew what was at stake. I think the Ducks wore them out and out-coached USC in the second-half, which is what they frequently do. But not before USC put the game mostly out of reach.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:14 PM

They took it too lightly. It was well known to us, the ones who donate too much money and hear a few things from time to time, that the team was acting as if they would own SC yet again- completely immature. Let us fans think that.

But, whatever you want to think is fine. It doesn't bother me. We will not take them lightly next year and blast them and serve notice to any others on our way to the Natty. And the truth has been spoken.

Oregon Ducks on to the Pac-12 Championship!

Old 11-27-2011, 05:23 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
No. USC is not the best team in Pac-12. Oregon is still the class of that conference.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:36 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,571 times
Based off them beating Oregon, I don't think the ducks are that far ahead.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:18 PM

Yeah, I'm not convinced that Oregon is head and shoulders above USC. Couldn't Stanford faithful say the same thing about their game with Oregon? That they took the Ducks lightly and thought they could score 50 points on them? I don't see why USC's any different, except that the game was closer.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:20 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,978,417 times
Quote:
The Ducks lost (at home no less) to USC...no matter how you want to spin it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football