U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:27 PM

1,483 posts, read 2,915,594 times

Advertisements

Not so fast, my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 07:54 PM

5,412 posts, read 7,705,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Not so fast, my friend.
he-he

Coincidentally, Kiel's/Notre Dame's first non-conference game away from home will be in Norman, OK! Not a great place to expect a win unless you're a below average Texas Tech team.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I can see people thinking it may be sketchy (as there are people out there thinking we'll get hammered). However, the truth appears to be the following: 1. He has/or is really close to having his degree 2. His mechanics are all messed up, and another year at Oregon won't do much about that. He'll have another year like this year, and many people felt he regressed a bit. Plus, the threat of being injured is high for running spread QBs. 3. He is known to be a broke college kid from an even broker home. Many times, he had to bum rides hom from practice and to do errands as he couldn't afford a car 4. The biggie- it is strongly rumored that Kelly was very upfront with him and told him it will be open competition come spring. The other QBS were neck and neck with him during practice and many Ducks were calling for the young Bryan Bennett to play. So, I think that played into it.

As far as the sanctions, it would be very unlikely for him to know of anything coming down the pike. In fact, if he does know, I am sure others would know and would leave. Other than LMJ, we really do not have any undeclassmen leaving early, so the likelihood of him "jumping ship" is very slim.

I think he made a poor decision while listening to bad advice from others (not on staff). However, the kid is a winner, so I think he'll get invited to camp to prove himself. I feel very strongly that everyone will realize just how much competition he had when you see our next few QBs- prototypical spread dual threat QBs (Thomas was a warrior, but awfully slow).
Thanks for the inside scoop... I was really curious and shocked that he decided to go pro. This information helped. I agree that its a bad decision to leave. However, I really dont understand how your starter can take you to the BCS Natty one year, the BCS Rose Bowl the next and its an "open" competition? WTF is that about Chip Kelly? I dont care how good the backup is... Thomas deserved to lose his job, not compete for it considering what he has accomplished. Sounds like Kelly and some boosters who want the others guy to play helped nudge (notice I didnt say push) him to leave... lol

You are right about his mechanics, they are horrible! but I thought he was a better decision maker than Dixon, so hopefull he will get drafted or on a practice squad. But i dont see him getting drafted.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:36 AM

909 posts, read 878,996 times
We met Gunner briefly on his visit to Vanderbilt. He seemed very impressed with the progress that James Franklin was making and Vandy actually was in his final three. It would have made sense...the academics of a N.Dame while still playing in the SEC....it worked for Cutler.

After he decided on LSU...then N D...a very good QB named Patton Robinette decided on Vandy over UNC...similar in style to Gunner...6-foot-5 etc.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVofM View Post
After he decided on LSU...then N D...a very good QB named Patton Robinette decided on Vandy over UNC...similar in style to Gunner...6-foot-5 etc.
I saw him play several times during his high school career as my son played Maryville several times... always losing of course.

But Robinette always stuck out to me as good QB. Maryville is the best coached High School team I have ever seen so they dont have many individual stars that stick out. And even with that philosophy he still sticks out. He didnt get a chance to ever really air it out but when he did he was very efficient and effective. And he ran the ball well enough. From the highlights, Gunner looks to be a better athlete and has more experience slinging the ball down field, but Robinette is the perfect fit for Vandy and will probably do well.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:55 PM

I just saw that Gunner didn't make the Elite11 last year...

So He's not that great anyway.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:14 PM

4,937 posts, read 5,240,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I just saw that Gunner didn't make the Elite11 last year...

So He's not that great anyway.
It's too early to tell. Hopefully, Kelly doesn't break him.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:45 AM

48 posts, read 58,972 times
Lets wait until he plays in Notre Dame to find out if he's the real deal

Old 03-08-2013, 12:52 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,418 times
Transferring from ND. Kiel Intends To Transfer

Mitch Mustain II?

Old 03-08-2013, 01:29 PM

4,937 posts, read 5,240,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
It's too early to tell. Hopefully, Kelly doesn't break him.
Maybe Kelly did break Kiel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football