Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with this years National Championship game?
Yes 17 58.62%
No 12 41.38%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 10:39 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Playing great defense(admittedly), but having an inept offense, and no legit QB is not "real football" anymore than scoring 90 points is.
Bingo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
What time does the game start?
Huh? What game?

zzzzzzz *drool* zzzzzzz

Old 01-09-2012, 10:44 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Huh? What game?

zzzzzzz *drool* zzzzzzz
lol.

Well, it was a pretty weak ass ending to an otherwise great FULL season.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:49 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
Bingo.
That inept offense had no trouble scoring against the other 12 teams they played this year. They scored 38.5 points per game against the rest of their opposition. They *were* number 10 or 11 statistically in PPG, and that average would have no doubt been higher if they didn't have to play Alabama.

LSU is certainly not the best offense in college football, but they've been able to score points with a combination of solid running and a mostly stable play at the QB position. I do think other teams would have been able to score points on Alabama -- like maybe a touchdown or two. But who cares...Alabama would have had an easier time offensively. It took Alabama (another team that scores 35-40 points a game) 7 1/2 quarters to score a touchdown on LSU's defense. They wouldn't have had that problem against a team from another conference.

So great, instead of 21-0 over LSU, Alabama wins 38-14 over OSU or Stanford. Yay! Wouldn't have made any difference in the end.

All the experts knew Alabama was the 2nd best team in the country. The fact that everyone is still ticked off about it after the Tide went out and proved it proves to me that fans know that Alabama and LSU were better but still feel entitled to see another team...because it would be more 'interesting'.

Whatever dudes. Your newspaper headlines tomorrow will still read Albama: 2011/12 BCS Champions. That's what it will say in Wikipedia from now until there's no more Wiki. A few years from now people won't even remember the controversy. Sorry you all couldn't just relax and enjoy a football game.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
That inept offense had no trouble scoring against the other 12 teams they played this year. They scored 38.5 points per game against the rest of their opposition. They *were* number 10 or 11 statistically in PPG, and that average would have no doubt been higher if they didn't have to play Alabama.

LSU is certainly not the best offense in college football, but they've been able to score points with a combination of solid running and a mostly stable play at the QB position. I do think other teams would have been able to score points on Alabama -- like maybe a touchdown or two. But who cares...Alabama would have had an easier time offensively. It took Alabama (another team that scores 35-40 points a game) 7 1/2 quarters to score a touchdown on LSU's defense. They wouldn't have had that problem against a team from another conference.

So great, instead of 21-0 over LSU, Alabama wins 38-14 over OSU or Stanford. Yay! Wouldn't have made any difference in the end.

All the experts knew Alabama was the 2nd best team in the country. The fact that everyone is still ticked off about it after the Tide went out and proved it proves to me that fans know that Alabama and LSU were better but still feel entitled to see another team...because it would be more 'interesting'.

Whatever dudes. Your newspaper headlines tomorrow will still read Albama: 2011/12 BCS Champions. That's what it will say in Wikipedia from now until there's no more Wiki. A few years from now people won't even remember the controversy. Sorry you all couldn't just relax and enjoy a football game.
>>>>>
I do think other teams would have been able to score points on Alabama -- like maybe a touchdown or two. But who cares...Alabama would have had an easier time offensively.
<<<<<

^^^
This is pretty much where I'm at. I think it all comes out in a wash....Bama was/is the best all around team and would have beaten anybody on their best day (like today).

Old 01-09-2012, 10:58 PM
JJG

Quote:

WHAT GAME?!?!?!?

LSU didn't even bother to show up.

And for the love of God, enough of this "Well if Alabama played OSU or Stanford, it wouldn't have even been close." THIS wasn't close. That's why everyone is p.o.'ed. "Knowing" who's the best and 2nd best football team in the country is just like "knowing" you'll live to see a full day tomorrow. It's all subjective. It's all bias, and you know it. It just seems like no one has the stones to admit that you're just picking teams to play these games because they just look prettier.

If Alabama was the #2 team in the country, then I guess LSU had to be #20 tonight. If that's the logic we're going with, anyway...

Old 01-09-2012, 11:08 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
Quote:
Huh? What game?
The Field Goal Bowl.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:17 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
WHAT GAME?!?!?!?

LSU didn't even bother to show up.

And for the love of God, enough of this "Well if Alabama played OSU or Stanford, it wouldn't have even been close." THIS wasn't close. That's why everyone is p.o.'ed. "Knowing" who's the best and 2nd best football team in the country is just like "knowing" you'll live to see a full day tomorrow. It's all subjective. It's all bias, and you know it. It just seems like no one has the stones to admit that you're just picking teams to play these games because they just look prettier.

If Alabama was the #2 team in the country, then I guess LSU had to be #20 tonight. If that's the logic we're going with, anyway...
Your logic would work if Bama had been 1 and LSU was 2. But when the match up was made, LSU was the undisputed #1, and people were whining about who deserved to play them. Bama answered that tonight, period.

I'm not an LSU or Bama fan, and that was an incredibly boring game. But it should have answered all of the doubters about whether Bama deserved to be there.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:23 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:

Yeah right!!!! When was the last time an SEC team blew the doors off of a contending team from another conference in a National Championship game. At least 4 of the six last NC games were way closer and offensively AND defensively exciting than tonight's snoozer. And the worst part is, those games were games in which they actually scored touchdowns. I'll give the SEC credit for winning 6 in a row, I'll give you guys that. But it isn't like they destroy teams from other conferences in the championship games. Once again, the 2009 game in particular was one in which our wide-eyed Freshman QB(The AWFUL Garret Gilbert) almost came-back against that great SEC defense. Our offense that night was pretty much Garret Gilbert and Jordan Shipley vs the Whole Alabama defense. One missed block, and we fumble, Bama recovers it and scores one last TD. I seriously believe a Bama/OSU or LSU/OSU game would've been more exciting. Jordan Jefferson and whoever the Bama QB was weren't exactly the best QB's in the nation. But whatever.....

Old 01-09-2012, 11:28 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Your logic would work if Bama had been 1 and LSU was 2. But when the match up was made, LSU was the undisputed #1, and people were whining about who deserved to play them. Bama answered that tonight, period.

I'm not an LSU or Bama fan, and that was an incredibly boring game. But it should have answered all of the doubters about whether Bama deserved to be there.
Like it matters. All we can say is, 'what if'.

Like, what if Oklahoma State or Stanford were playing these guys and THEY put up the same exact score?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football