U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-08-2012, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,406 posts, read 8,400,887 times
Reputation: 7024

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Yeah, and guess what, folks...Arkansas, a team that can't play defense worth a flip, hands K-State its lowest point total of the season.

Big 12 football...LOLOLOLOL!

Like I said, LSU vs. Bama = 1 and 2. Accept it.
Although Texas lost to KSU 17-13 near the end of the season (without our leading receiver & top two RBs...and a servicable QB), the Longhorns held the Wildcats to 120 yards total offense (while gaining 320 themselves). KSU scored their two tds off short field interceptions.

Like Texas, KSU just isn't very good.

Loved it when Arky roared back in their game with A&M earlier in the season when the aggys choked worse than a hooker with a sore throat in the 2nd half.

I also enjoyed seeing Muschamp's Gators win their bowl game. Props to Coach Boom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-08-2012, 10:28 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,602 posts, read 22,458,688 times
Reputation: 13888
Props to the SEC West so far. I think they have one more big win in em' yet huh?

I predict LSU will win. I hope they do... to end all this anti BCS garbage.

Maybe next year they can tear it apart and we can watch Houston vs Boise State or whomever the Cindereffingrella team comes along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2012, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,305 posts, read 26,308,417 times
Reputation: 11759
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The missed field goal was a big factor as far as momentum goes.
That and the fumble with 1:18 left to go in the half. If Arkansas had made the extra point, and then simply called a running play to wind the clock down, they would have gone into the locker room with a 20-0 lead. Arkansas basically kept doing things to keep K-State in the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,602 posts, read 22,458,688 times
Reputation: 13888
Oh well. So much for that prediction. LSU's offense sure didn't do anything to help the team with all the early mistakes and penalties and the defense kept them within range until right before the half.

A nine point lead and momentum is all Alabama seemed to need. LSU could do nothing on offense. No momentum on missed field goals, nothing.

Well since LSU had to lose, I'm glad they lost big. They got skunked and Alabama scored about as many points as you can against that LSU defense. Those folks from LSU can sure hit. A lot of good clean hits from what I saw. I didn't see the whole game yet. Thankful for my DVR tonight.

I say I'm glad that LSU lost big if they had to lose at all because it seems to me that this should give Bama the clear cut #1 BCS Championship, right? There should be no talk of a split championship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2012, 07:37 AM
 
8 posts, read 6,687 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Yeah, and guess what, folks...Arkansas, a team that can't play defense worth a flip, hands K-State its lowest point total of the season.

Big 12 football...LOLOLOLOL!

Like I said, LSU vs. Bama = 1 and 2. Accept it.

UM, Oklahoma beat the sh*t out of K-State 58 - 17 in K-State's own stadium, so I wouldn't be bragging about how Arkansas is such a powerhouse there bud.

Move along folks, just another what we call "SEC Homer" here.

What's that? You ask just what is an SEC Homer?

Well, you see, there are a slew of teams in the southeastern conference that can't compete, so they hang their hats on their "conference" performance, even when the majority of teams in that conference aren't worth a lick.

What do you say now? Ya, I know, it's pretty pathetic.

No. No other conference does that <shakes his head>; most all others live or die on what THEY do to perform.

But hey, when you're Arkie or just about every other team in the SEC besides Alabama and LSU, you have to hang your hat on somethin'!

Like I said, move along folks. Spare them the embarrassment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 AM
 
Location: The 719
14,602 posts, read 22,458,688 times
Reputation: 13888
Well maybe the thread title should read "State of Alabama" dominance, but I'm sticking to my strength of schedule theory for now.

I'm keeping my eye on Mississippi St and Arkansas next season.

Balyan Yankee; my brother used to golf with Spurrier. I like what he's done with SC.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-10-2012 at 10:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2012, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,305 posts, read 26,308,417 times
Reputation: 11759
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well maybe the thread title should read "State of Alabama" dominance, but I'm sticking to my strength of schedule theory for now.

I'm keeping my eye on Mississippi St and Arkansas next season.
I would throw Spurrier's team into the mix, too. They went 11-2 this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2012, 05:19 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,602 posts, read 22,458,688 times
Reputation: 13888
I would agree that he's got SC competing with Florida finally and near the top of the SEC east.

There's a thread asking if 2011 LSU is the best team ever. Answer... NOT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2012, 08:54 PM
 
4,749 posts, read 3,615,397 times
Reputation: 3225
Quote:
Originally Posted by University of SEC View Post
UM, Oklahoma beat the sh*t out of K-State 58 - 17 in K-State's own stadium, so I wouldn't be bragging about how Arkansas is such a powerhouse there bud.

Move along folks, just another what we call "SEC Homer" here.

What's that? You ask just what is an SEC Homer?

Well, you see, there are a slew of teams in the southeastern conference that can't compete, so they hang their hats on their "conference" performance, even when the majority of teams in that conference aren't worth a lick.

What do you say now? Ya, I know, it's pretty pathetic.

No. No other conference does that <shakes his head>; most all others live or die on what THEY do to perform.

But hey, when you're Arkie or just about every other team in the SEC besides Alabama and LSU, you have to hang your hat on somethin'!

Like I said, move along folks. Spare them the embarrassment.
Six straight BCS titles, and counting. And SEC keeps stomping Big 12 and Pac 12 @ss in the bowl games.

Next. LOL.

I'm gonna love it when we go to a plus one and end up having more and more all-SEC title games. What will the excuse be then? LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2012, 09:57 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,602 posts, read 22,458,688 times
Reputation: 13888
Default SEC West is still dominant

SEC West is at it again... dominance of the BCS. Alabama, Mississippi State, LSU... what else do you need to know?

The only unfortunate thing about the SEC West is that they have to play each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top