U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-08-2014, 11:52 AM
 
Location: The 719
14,548 posts, read 22,412,765 times
Reputation: 13854

Advertisements

How about four SEC West teams in the top 10?

#3, 5, 7, and 10... and 14 to boot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-08-2014, 01:42 PM
 
Location: On the Edge of the Fringe
4,883 posts, read 3,973,523 times
Reputation: 4136

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NlrgjgOHrw


Well, not so fast.

#3 only had one mediocre opponent, shutting out bottom 10 fixture FAU in the second game.

#5 had an impressive win against an SEC opponent that will finish under 500

#7 started off impressive then added 3 girl's schools to the schedule.
10 same thing, except two girl's schools

14 really ?

SO let's wait until they all start playing each other and see who beats who

The Formula for the final championship is 2 seeds to the SEC, one to Notre Dame, and one at large seed from the rest of college football. That means Oklahoma and Oregon cannot both be in the tourney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2014, 01:57 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,723,251 times
Reputation: 46025
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NlrgjgOHrw


Well, not so fast.

#3 only had one mediocre opponent, shutting out bottom 10 fixture FAU in the second game.

#5 had an impressive win against an SEC opponent that will finish under 500

#7 started off impressive then added 3 girl's schools to the schedule.
10 same thing, except two girl's schools

14 really ?

SO let's wait until they all start playing each other and see who beats who

The Formula for the final championship is 2 seeds to the SEC, one to Notre Dame, and one at large seed from the rest of college football. That means Oklahoma and Oregon cannot both be in the tourney.
Well, you have a good point in that Weekend #2 is a little premature. Lots of football to play between now and the beginning of December.

However, you have to be on super-refined crack to think that Notre Dame is ensured a slot, especially after the epic pants wetting they performed the year before last. Surely you're not serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2014, 06:45 PM
 
Location: On the Edge of the Fringe
4,883 posts, read 3,973,523 times
Reputation: 4136
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, you have a good point in that Weekend #2 is a little premature. Lots of football to play between now and the beginning of December.

However, you have to be on super-refined crack to think that Notre Dame is ensured a slot, especially after the epic pants wetting they performed the year before last. Surely you're not serious.
No, Not serious, but it seemed like back in the day, when the only polls were AP, Notre Dame could have a 5-3 record and still be in the top ten somehow. I figured that they probably get an automatic berth into the tourney just on the point of being Notre Dame, which is equivalent of being bigger than the game itself, at least in some minds.
I mean they already own NBC, the NotreDame Broadcasting company, so if they are broadcasting the Games, you know ND will have to be in it by rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2014, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,886 posts, read 4,188,219 times
Reputation: 4161
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
No, Not serious, but it seemed like back in the day, when the only polls were AP, Notre Dame could have a 5-3 record and still be in the top ten somehow. I figured that they probably get an automatic berth into the tourney just on the point of being Notre Dame, which is equivalent of being bigger than the game itself, at least in some minds.
I mean they already own NBC, the NotreDame Broadcasting company, so if they are broadcasting the Games, you know ND will have to be in it by rule.
Yeah starting the year off at #17...it feels good to have that pro-Notre Dame bias going for us.

Notre Dame different? Latest problems tarnish Golden Dome | NCAA Football | Sporting News

Notre Dame Irish have relegated themselves to insignificance - ESPN

Notre Dame and Michigan and the end of an era for college powerhouses - ESPN

Why I won’t be cheering for old Notre Dame - The Washington Post

How A Notre Dame Student Died, And Why He Shouldn't Have

Always good to know the media has our backs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2014, 08:29 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,886 posts, read 4,188,219 times
Reputation: 4161
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
How about four SEC West teams in the top 10?

#3, 5, 7, and 10... and 14 to boot.
The SECW is probably going to cannibalize itself out of a playoff slot in a similar way the PAC-12 has shot itself in the foot the last few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2014, 08:15 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,548 posts, read 22,412,765 times
Reputation: 13854
One of these years Arkansas will be back into the fold as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-13-2014, 10:38 AM
 
Location: The 719
14,548 posts, read 22,412,765 times
Reputation: 13854
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NlrgjgOHrw


Well, not so fast.

#3 only had one mediocre opponent, shutting out bottom 10 fixture FAU in the second game.

#5 had an impressive win against an SEC opponent that will finish under 500

#7 started off impressive then added 3 girl's schools to the schedule.
10 same thing, except two girl's schools

14 really ?

SO let's wait until they all start playing each other and see who beats who

The Formula for the final championship is 2 seeds to the SEC, one to Notre Dame, and one at large seed from the rest of college football. That means Oklahoma and Oregon cannot both be in the tourney.
Speaking of Oregon, don't they play the Wyoming Cowgirls? Wow. Aren't they favored by 50 or something?

This here is the SEC West thread, not the Dead Cupcake Storage Thread.

Because storing dead cupcakes is not my effing business. Did you see a sign on the post saying Dead Cupcake Storage? No, you didn't, because storing dead cupcakes is not my effing business.

I know it's good coffee, because I'm the one who makes it.

Now I'm off to go get a Royale with cheese. You dudes get lost. You look like you're going to a volleyball game. Don't forget to bring out the Gimp. Zed's dead baby. Sorry I had to crash that Honda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2014, 09:34 AM
 
Location: The 719
14,548 posts, read 22,412,765 times
Reputation: 13854
AP Top 25 has SEC West with two in the top 5 and five in the top 10.

USA Today Poll has two in the top 5, five in the top 12.

Both have the other two receiving votes.

We'll see how it goes once the cupcakes are all ate up and the season starts.

For the SEC West, the season starts once they get truly tested... aka when they start playing each other.

Take Alabama for example. Their cupcake schedule just ended. FSU, Oregon, Oklahoma, Baylor, and Notre Dame have a cakewalk for the rest of their season.

Alabama plays 4 Top 10 teams and eight Man-Teams to round out their season; Florida, #10 Ole Miss, Arkansas, #6 TAMU, Tennessee, #8 LSU, Mississippi State, #5 Auburn.

That's how it's done son. I'd love to see the likes of FSU, Oregon, Oklahoma, Baylor, Notre Dame schedule in a list like that.

Look at Arkansas! They play 7 top 20 teams including Texas Tech and Mississippi State. That's 9 tough teams. They might not win many, but it brings your game up. I'd love to see how they do in a bowl game should they get to one.

The only team Oklahoma plays is Baylor! And the only team Baylor plays is Oklahoma! Wow!

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-15-2014 at 10:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2014, 10:33 PM
 
Location: The Dirty South.
1,573 posts, read 1,428,630 times
Reputation: 1097
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NlrgjgOHrw


Well, not so fast.

#3 only had one mediocre opponent, shutting out bottom 10 fixture FAU in the second game.

#5 had an impressive win against an SEC opponent that will finish under 500

#7 started off impressive then added 3 girl's schools to the schedule.
10 same thing, except two girl's schools

14 really ?

SO let's wait until they all start playing each other and see who beats who

The Formula for the final championship is 2 seeds to the SEC, one to Notre Dame, and one at large seed from the rest of college football. That means Oklahoma and Oregon cannot both be in the tourney.
Excuse me sir. But do you realize # 7 has the 5th ranked toughest schedule along with many sec west teams. Attention to detail helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top