U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2014, 10:51 AM

225 posts, read 441,910 times

Advertisements

I dont think Mississippi State will beat Alabama and kind of crazy that Bama is getting kind of overlooked. I know the Bulldogs are good but I will be extremely impress if they run the table. Only one team of recent memory that has had a more difficult schedule in the last few years to run the table and that was LSU the year they played Bama in the championship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 11:00 AM

28,905 posts, read 46,738,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico020 View Post
I dont think Mississippi State will beat Alabama and kind of crazy that Bama is getting kind of overlooked. I know the Bulldogs are good but I will be extremely press if they run the table. Only one team of recent memory that has had a more diffcult schedule in the last few years to run the table and that was LSU the year they played Bama in the championship.
I'm amazed at the turnaround job Les Miles has performed after LSU was waxed by Auburn. To me, on any given Saturday, Auburn, Alabama, MSU, Ole Miss, and LSU could now beat one another.

I think the perception issue Alabama is currently facing is that of a bipolar team. Nobody can really figure out a consistent theme from their body of work this year. Is this the team that struggled to eke out a win over cellar-dweller Arkansas (Which, to be perfectly fair, gave Miss State a run for its money) or is it the team that played Genghis Khan to TAMU (Which, to be perfectly fair, could barely beat LaMonroe)? I know the transitive property does not apply to college football, but by this time in the season patterns should have emerged.

You can analyze this team to death and still not have a good answer. I mean, at least with Auburn you can point to three critical turnovers against MSU and call that game somewhat of an anomaly. I'm not saying Auburn would have beaten MSU in that game, but it would have been more of a contest.

I keep trying to figure out Alabama and I just don't know. To be sure, it's a good team. The question is how good? A lot rides on this.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:08 PM

14,573 posts, read 22,421,861 times
I'd like to see Miss St run the table but there's so much more football to be played, it's asking a lot of them.

I think if you throw out the Bama/Aggie game, and Bama's cupcake games, they don't look that good this year. I think that the Aggies made the Tide look better than they are and the Aggies are a huge disappointment this season.

We'll see where Bama fits after they play the mediocre pedestrian middle-of-the-pack SEC West team called LSU.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:26 PM

2,890 posts, read 4,205,420 times
These next few weeks will be a tell all for Alabama, their toughest games are still ahead of them. LSU will not be a walk in the park for Alabama and if LSU can get past Alabama then their remaining schedule gives them the potential of being a 2 loss team. Alabama's remaining schedule sets up a scenario to where Alabama could wind up 8-4, we'll just have to see where this all plays out.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:37 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,257,226 times
I'm picking LSU in the Bama game. Les Miles is 46-3 in night games @ Death Valley.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:37 AM

28,905 posts, read 46,738,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
I'm picking LSU in the Bama game. Les Miles is 46-3 in night games @ Death Valley.
Hard to pick this one. Both LSU and Alabama have dual identities. It has cost Bama less than LSU, but it's still there.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:58 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,609,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Hard to pick this one. Both LSU and Alabama have dual identities. It has cost Bama less than LSU, but it's still there.
I'm an LSU alum and Tiger fan through and through, but I'm not optimistic about this game. I think Alabama's young players (esp. Sims) are starting to figure things out just at the right time. And Kiff's offense is pretty tough to stop. If there's an advantage that LSU has, it's having had a week off. Alabama's second SEC road game and third in four weeks...that could give the Tigers a little edge. The reason this game is dangerous to Alabama is because LSU's so physical, and even if the Tide wins as they should, they're going to go into next week's game feeling very, very sore and tired. Les Miles will see to that.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:05 AM

When those two play, it seems more like an NFL game than a college game.

A&M cannibalized Auburn, leaving just Miss St and Bama to finish out.

The Bulldogs now have to play Bama, Vandy, and Ole Miss, then Bama again for the SEC Championship? Or would they have to play an SEC East cupcake err... foe?

No way for two SEC West teams to get in but what if Miss St loses to Bama then Bama goes to SEC championship and the Bulldogs are sitting there with just one loss too?

A two loss Bama cannot go final 4 against a one loss tcu or Baylor or Oregon or Luckeyes... right?

What about poor Marshall? Not even a top 25?

FSU looks like they ain't giving up a spot.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:05 AM

4,728 posts, read 4,474,872 times
It wasn't pretty, but Bama won. Also, Auburn wasn't lucky this time. So, I wonder who will be in the playoffs. I am not at all confident that Bama will beat Mississippi State or Auburn, so who knows what will happen.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
...Auburn wasn't lucky this time.
They blew it right there at the end. Almost a fantastic finish.

Bama should beat Auburn just on general principles. I would kind of like to see Miss State win out just to get some new SEC West blood in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or