Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2018, 09:21 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Alabama is dominant again. I notice no one has mentioned them lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
The SEC is excellent in football and will likely field another CFP champion. If not, they will at least be well represented in the playoff.
Look for ESPN to select Alabama for a College Football Playoff berth again. Not winning a division in a conference and not winning a conference should not get a team into the College Football Playoffs. ESPN loves Alabama, and it will do whatever it takes to have Alabama in contention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 09:42 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Kentucky yeah, 5-0. Thought they were a basketball town. But to beat out Georgia? Bama would seem relieved I would imagine.
The South Carolina-Kentucky game should be a case study for future officials in black and white stripes on what not to do in college football - bad officiating.

Kentucky's Kash Daniel fell unintentionally on South Carolina's Jason Senn. Senn was rolling out of bounds. Zebras from the short bus think that is targeting. Despite video proving zebras wrong, the zebras ejected Daniel for targeting. That is BS. (Daniel will mist the first half of the upcoming game at Texas A&M.)

South Carolina plays dirty. Not every penalty committed by South Carolina should have been called on Kentucky.

I am content with chicken dog treats for Uga and Kentucky Fried Chicken so far. I will be more content after Clemson Fried Gamecock in November.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:03 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
It's going to be a long season for us Razorback fans. I knew the program was in trouble, but didn't think it was this kind of trouble. How we played against the Mean Green yesterday was unacceptable. The game was never even close.
It could be worse though. You could have actually gotten Malzahn away from Auburn last year and be relegated to a roller coaster ride with only one or two fun parts here and there. Auburn is probably stuck with him and the 4 or 5 loss seasons with one good one in the middle for at least several years because his contract is guaranteed. It would probably cost them over $42 Million to get rid of him this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lluvia View Post
Alabama has issues with place kicking.
If/when they have a close game, it could cost them.
Alabama has almost always had problems with place kicking. Apparently it isn't a high priority in the recruiting department. I don't think Saban is much of a fan of kicking field goals. He would rather try to get the first down or a touch down or just punt it rather than attempt a long field goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Look for ESPN to select Alabama for a College Football Playoff berth again. Not winning a division in a conference and not winning a conference should not get a team into the College Football Playoffs. ESPN loves Alabama, and it will do whatever it takes to have Alabama in contention.
Penn State won their conference and also beat the team (Ohio State) that got in the playoff. It isn't like it is only Alabama that has a little luck fall their way sometimes. Besides that, it seems like they kick the living dog snot out of nearly every team they get matched up against in the semi-final regardless of what conference they are from and then they go on to win most of the championship games they play. So it really comes down to instead of everyone complaining about them, get better and find a way to beat them.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:34 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,674 times
No one in the country has a real shot at beating Alabama this year with the best personnel, the best coach and now the best QB....if they lose, something weird had to have happened.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:49 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
No one in the country has a real shot at beating Alabama this year with the best personnel, the best coach and now the best QB....if they lose, something weird had to have happened.
I agree. They will basically have to beat themselves by having one of those games where everything goes wrong.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:47 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
I agree. They will basically have to beat themselves by having one of those games where everything goes wrong.

And that's it and that actually does happen. Look at what they did this year in the Championship game. No other coach in the NCAA could have made that decision, came back from behind, and won the Championship. Select few people in sports can make that kind of decision and know it's the right one. Most people get forced to make that decision, due to injury, not make that decision on poor play in the Championship game.

Old 10-05-2018, 04:27 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Looks like a job for Auburn, then. Because nobody does Chaos Death Demon stuff like Auburn.

Old 10-07-2018, 12:15 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Looks like a job for Auburn, then. Because nobody does Chaos Death Demon stuff like Auburn.
Yah, but those 2 games were in Auburn.

After 5 weeks, and how mediocre the West teams look (LSU's win over Miami isn't that impressive anymore, even at home at night I doubt this LSU team is beating them, Auburn ain't beating them this year) nobody else in the West is beating them. I know its still relatively early, but right now I'd give Georgia & Ohio State the 2 teams most likely to defeat them this year, with Ohio State the best chance. I think Bama rolls through the SEC

Old 10-07-2018, 10:25 AM

1,424 posts, read 1,282,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Yah, but those 2 games were in Auburn.

After 5 weeks, and how mediocre the West teams look (LSU's win over Miami isn't that impressive anymore, even at home at night I doubt this LSU team is beating them, Auburn ain't beating them this year) nobody else in the West is beating them. I know its still relatively early, but right now I'd give Georgia & Ohio State the 2 teams most likely to defeat them this year, with Ohio State the best chance. I think Bama rolls through the SEC
I dunno man.
That Mississippi State QB up the middle play looks like a world beater right now.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:25 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
No doubt....Auburn seems to be able to package together 5 to 6 miracles plays in a game against Bama to beat them on occasion but I don't think 5-6 miracle plays will be enough this year....you could probably take this Bama to the NFL next year and within 2 years, they would be a playoff contender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football