U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 11:35 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,765,094 times

Advertisements

2005 Longhorns
2001 Hurricanes
2006 Gators
2009 Crimson Tide
2007 Tigers
2004 Trojans
2005 Trojans
2009 Longhorns

Are all better than this years LSU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 12:28 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,155,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I agree that JJ has been awful, but you're dreaming if you think Kellen Moore would stand a chance against Alabama. LSU is not Boise St. offensively, but they put up about 35-40 points a game regularly, against pretty good competition. Dominated the Pac 12 champion and the Big East champion.

Alabama is the best team in the country. They almost proved it the first team these two teams met and they're definitely proving it now.
Georgia Southern scored 21 on them...just saying. Maybe the Eagle offense combined with LSU's D would have been more interesting.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:16 AM

13,223 posts, read 17,963,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
LSU has defeated 6 bowl winning teams! Defeated 2 BCS winning teams who are out of conference (Oregon and Clemson)! With the only bowl team they defeated that lost being Georgia who lost on a FG in double OT. This has to be the greatest resume for a season ever!

Can anyone argue for another team in history that had a better resume?
Absolutely not.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:02 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,538,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
2005 Longhorns
2001 Hurricanes
2006 Gators
2009 Crimson Tide
2007 Tigers
2004 Trojans
2005 Trojans
2009 Longhorns

Are all better than this years LSU.

2009 Longhorns? They got blasted by 'Bama in the CG, and they played a weak schedule (as usual). They blew out the scrubs that year, and barely squeaked by the ranked teams they played. They don't deserve to be on that list

Old 01-10-2012, 07:32 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,414,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Apparently, yes?
Who?

My title to this thread is not "really" what I was asking... I used that to be polarizing and bring attention to the thread. Which is obviously working.

Now having said that... I clearly state what I'm asking in the first post. Did another team in history have a better "season" resume? name another team that went undefeated with a harder schedule. I don't think anyone has... And no one has provided any proof to the contrary. Including you... All you all keep saying is they are not the Greatest Team. They obviously arent But That's not the question... Did they have the best regular season wins ever?

Old 01-10-2012, 08:19 AM

8 posts, read 6,679 times
Quote:
Who?

My title to this thread is not "really" what I was asking... I used that to be polarizing and bring attention to the thread. Which is obviously working.

Now having said that... I clearly state what I'm asking in the first post. Did another team in history have a better "season" resume? name another team that went undefeated with a harder schedule. I don't think anyone has... And no one has provided any proof to the contrary. Including you... All you all keep saying is they are not the Greatest Team. They obviously arent But That's not the question... Did they have the best regular season wins ever?
Doesn't matter, they got their asses handed to them in an embarrassing loss last night. They looked like a high school team out there. Makes me think they got a LOT of lucky calls during the season or something. They were a complete and utter mess.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:31 AM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,185,053 times
Quote:
Who?

They lost the Championship game... as the #1 team in the country... in what was really a blowout. Not even close.

You can blow up their regular season all ya want. But they still didn't win ALL their games. So no, they're not the greatest team ever.

(P.S., can you people please stop trying to call every single SEC team or USC team that goes undefeated the greatest ever? At least take into account teams from back in the day like the Sooners in the 50's or the Old Notre Dames)

Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 AM

8 posts, read 6,679 times
lol..

Quote:
alabama will rightly take its title and cherish the memory. Everyone else can just try to forget this ever happened.
Forget what? There was a game last night?

Old 01-10-2012, 10:13 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,414,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
They lost the Championship game... as the #1 team in the country... in what was really a blowout. Not even close.

You can blow up their regular season all ya want. But they still didn't win ALL their games. So no, they're not the greatest team ever.

(P.S., can you people please stop trying to call every single SEC team or USC team that goes undefeated the greatest ever? At least take into account teams from back in the day like the Sooners in the 50's or the Old Notre Dames)

JJG... can your read man? Do you know the difference between a question and a statement?

I didnt annoint LSU anything. I asked a question. And I'm not discounting ANY great team! I dont know all the great teams because I am not 100 and I havent seen the old teams. That's why I ASKED if there were any other teams with better regular seasons... there may be, I just dont know of any. To beat 8 ranked teams and 8 bowl teams. And those teams were 6-1 in their bowl games! And you lose to other team who is the National Champions that you beat earlier... You don't just scrap their regular season. That's like saying Marino is not great because he doesnt have a super bowl. He was still great... LSU still had a great season.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:43 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,380,639 times
They also had wins against two of the other conference champions [in the case of WVU, conference co-champion], and neither game was particularly close. And both of those teams ended up being pretty good. I agree it is one of the better regular seasons in a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football