Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 08:50 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,311,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
And this post should have * next to it for the most dumba** statement of the year.

My patience with these bitter fans is wearing thin.
As an LSU fan, my hats off to ya. Y'all had the best team in the country. Was hoping we could get things turned around, but it just didn't happen. That defense of the Tide is just plain wicked.

Anyway, don't listen to the hate. You gotta forget it, dude. These guys are just bent that the sports observers who influence the BCS have finally gotten fed up with flag football and realized that the only way to have a true national championship is to keep it within the SEC. I'm sure it's tough if you're a fan of one of these flag football schools to get jilted like that, to know that everyone else in the nation has caught on to reality. So they go out and start bragging about how team is the "champion" of the Flag Football Conference and how they beat the "champion" of the Junior Varsity Conference 85-75, and how another one of their rivals in the same conference went out and beat a team from the Indoor High School Conference, 92-78 to win the NCAA Tournament -- oh wait, wrong sport. Sorry, with these kind of wacky scores I get confused sometimes. Anyway, the point here is, you and I know that real football was played by real men. And more importantly, the glass trophy is yours and it will never be taken away. Congrats on another BCS title.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:51 AM

31,938 posts, read 34,448,248 times
Well, last night's game did accomplish something...

It laid to rest the notion that OSU, Boise State or any of those teams could have beaten either of those teams in the championship game. Alabama didn't even allow LSU to score. Does anybody in their right mind really think OSU could have held LSU scoreless? LSU and Alabama were the only two teams in the country that could match each other and I think they proved that last night.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:54 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,804,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
As an LSU fan, my hats off to ya. Y'all had the best team in the country. Was hoping we could get things turned around, but it just didn't happen. That defense of the Tide is just plain wicked.

Anyway, don't listen to the hate. You gotta forget it, dude. These guys are just bent that the sports observers who influence the BCS have finally gotten fed up with flag football and realized that the only way to have a true national championship is to keep it within the SEC. I'm sure it's tough if you're a fan of one of these flag football schools to get jilted like that, to know that everyone else in the nation has caught on to reality. So they go out and start bragging about how team is the "champion" of the Flag Football Conference and how they beat the "champion" of the Junior Varsity Conference 85-75, and how another one of their rivals in the same conference went out and beat a team from the Indoor High School Conference, 92-78 to win the NCAA Tournament -- oh wait, wrong sport. Sorry, with these kind of wacky scores I get confused sometimes. Anyway, the point here is, you and I know that real football was played by real men. And more importantly, the glass trophy is yours and it will never be taken away. Congrats on another BCS title.

I'm really glad people like you are in the minority.

Things WILL change.... sooner or later.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:59 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,864,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post

Thanks. Yeah these haters will hate no matter what. Their brand of football just doesnt compare to the SEC. LSU had a great year, just fell short in the end. As I said earlier this title is for the people who lost so much on 4/27.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:59 AM

8 posts, read 8,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Well, last night's game did accomplish something...

It laid to rest the notion that OSU, Boise State or any of those teams could have beaten either of those teams in the championship game. Alabama didn't even allow LSU to score. Does anybody in their right mind really think OSU could have held LSU scoreless? LSU and Alabama were the only two teams in the country that could match each other and I think they proved that last night.

That's utter BS! LSU looked high-school'ish last night. OSU would have hung half a hundred on them.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by University of SEC View Post
That's utter BS! LSU looked high-school'ish last night. OSU would have hung half a hundred on them.
Just like they did on Iowa State?

Old 01-10-2012, 09:02 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,665,597 times
Roll Tide.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

I'm really glad people like you are in the minority.

Things WILL change.... sooner or later.
Maybe if you guys stop crying long enough, your teams could compete for BCS titles, rather than complaining about the current system.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by University of SEC View Post
As bad as the LSU offense was last night, the OSU defense is just even worse. LSU would beat OSU.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Maybe if you guys stop crying long enough, your teams could compete for BCS titles, rather than complaining about the current system.
Big 10 and Big 12 fans never complained under the system that was less fair than the BCS. As someone who grew up in the Northeast, I never felt that SEC media bias was a problem. I've always felt that media bias always fell in favor of the Big 10 teams and in a big way. The Big 10 is the football equivalent of the ACC in basketball. And Michigan is the North Carolina Tarheels of college football. They should not have been in the Sugar Bowl this year. But football started in the Midwest so there will always be a slight favoritism towards Michigan, Ohio State and Notre Dame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football