Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 02:31 PM

229 posts, read 206,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
I know enough to say they are shady as ****.

Every top program gets caught eventually, you think oregon is going to be any different? LOL.
Unless they didnt rise toe top in 2 seasons from being relativealy unknown, all they will get is a slap on the wrist. All Texas teams, should of been in the same boat as SMU back in the 80's. The NCAA could of been very different if the NCAA didnt have favorites...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 01:28 PM

12,895 posts, read 13,227,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straka91 View Post
Unless they didnt rise toe top in 2 seasons from being relativealy unknown, all they will get is a slap on the wrist. All Texas teams, should of been in the same boat as SMU back in the 80's. The NCAA could of been very different if the NCAA didnt have favorites...
"All Texas teams"?

Hogwash

Half, maybe.

Nothing as bad as the SEC today.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:46 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,447,216 times
***CONFIRMED***- Chip Kelly taking the Tampa Bay Bucs' job reportedly for 7 million/year. There's a slight chance he may stay, but slim. Completely blows our top 10, possibly top 5 recruiting class out of water. If, this indeed is the case, I will have lost a lot of respect for Chip. I'm cool with him eventually going to the pros and trying his hand there, but 8 days before LOI day, no. I am really shocked now that he is just getting his players here.

Our Big 3- AD Dan Mullins, former AD Pat Kilkenny, and Phil Knight have been meeting for a few hours and Chris Petersen is at top of the list. Possibly Gary Patterson as well. Petersen was an assistant at U of O, and has connections/family in Eugene.

Not overly concerned about sanctions. But, let the comments fly.

***8 pm in Eugene, and both Petersen and Patterson have very likely been contacted. Let's see who gets the keys to the Oregon program.

Last edited by Acuda; 01-22-2012 at 09:14 PM..

Old 01-22-2012, 10:17 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,585,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
***CONFIRMED***- Chip Kelly taking the Tampa Bay Bucs' job reportedly for 7 million/year. There's a slight chance he may stay, but slim. Completely blows our top 10, possibly top 5 recruiting class out of water. If, this indeed is the case, I will have lost a lot of respect for Chip. I'm cool with him eventually going to the pros and trying his hand there, but 8 days before LOI day, no. I am really shocked now that he is just getting his players here.

Our Big 3- AD Dan Mullins, former AD Pat Kilkenny, and Phil Knight have been meeting for a few hours and Chris Petersen is at top of the list. Possibly Gary Patterson as well. Petersen was an assistant at U of O, and has connections/family in Eugene.

Not overly concerned about sanctions. But, let the comments fly.

***8 pm in Eugene, and both Petersen and Patterson have very likely been contacted. Let's see who gets the keys to the Oregon program.
I'll admit it. I LOL'd. Also doubting Chris Peterson or Gary Patterson would go to uo right now. Lets see, the current (ex) coach has been there three years, won the conference 3 straight years, won the RB for the first time in 95 years, played for a BCS MNC and he's bailing? Ruh-roh ducky. On a sidenote; very bad hire for TB.

[MMD] Stop! Hammer Time! - YouTube

Last edited by nevergoingback; 01-22-2012 at 10:27 PM..

Old 01-22-2012, 10:30 PM

1. Dungy turns them down.

2. Peterson turns them down.

3. Belotti agrees to take over to stabilize.

What you think?

Old 01-22-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
1. Dungy turns them down.

2. Peterson turns them down.

3. Belotti agrees to take over to stabilize.

What you think?
Dungy isn't even a candidate. Neither is Bellotti. I know that for a fact. Bellotti is like getting into a Volkswagen when you have been driving a Porsche. Not too many people want him back. Oregon will hire a great coach. Petersen is very likely. He has said the only 2 schools that are his "dream schools" are Notre Dame and OREGON. He has a ton of connections, family, friends in Eugene, is good friends with Phil Knight, Pat Kilkenny, and wait for it...may just get offered 4-5 mil/year. If he doesn't jump on our offer, he'll never leave that lil' hole of a town in Idaho.

We'll see though. If Chip is really getting 7 million, I wouldn't blame him. But, having been a HC for only 3 years, I am shocked a NFL team would hire him now. Again, sanctions are not a worry.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:17 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,314,020 times
I think something's up at Oregon. Wouldn't be surprised if sanctions follow. The ship is sinking and maybe Kelly knows it -- get a good gig while he still has a name? Worked for Pete Carroll.

I think Kelly *could* be a great coach. Indy or Tampa would probably seem like good fits on paper.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:45 AM

Sounds like Chip has had a change of heart and sometime around 2 am (PST), he turned down the 7 million/year offer.

If true, WOW! Doesn't sound like a move from someone who fears sanctions. Interesting...

Old 01-23-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Sounds like Chip has had a change of heart and sometime around 2 am (PST), he turned down the 7 million/year offer.

If true, WOW! Doesn't sound like a move from someone who fears sanctions. Interesting...
Uncle Phil must have broke out his checkbook.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:30 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,314,020 times
Quote:

Yeah, speculation was premature.

But I do think it nevertheless sends a bad sign to potential recruits. Now guys are going to wonder just how long they'll be playing for Coach Kelly. Maybe Kelly gets a monster contract?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football