U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-23-2012, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Reputation: 864

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Yeah, speculation was premature.

But I do think it nevertheless sends a bad sign to potential recruits. Now guys are going to wonder just how long they'll be playing for Coach Kelly. Maybe Kelly gets a monster contract?
Yeah, I've heard a few things. I'm not going to lie and say that I am all that confident he is staying because he wants to. I have heard a few things and one of them is that the university did not budge at all in regards to his 4 million dollar buyout and the Bucs did not agree to pay it. I also heard that the university stuck to their guns regarding a 15 day notice clause that Tampa Bay was not happy with. If that is the case, it sure doesn't inspire confidence in a Duck alum, such as myself, that he is here for the right reasons.

I beleive Oregon was ready to interview Petersen today. I do think that we would have been able to get Chris Petersen if Chip di leave.

I think Knight will open up the checkbook only if there is a massive buyout clause. Otherwise, I think we will now design a contingency plan with Chris Petersen as the heir apparent (not a coach in waiting though- very hush hush). What people do not realize is how close of friends Kilkenny and Knight are with Petersen. And his contract had a clause in it that specifically stated that he could go to Oregon without a buyout.

We'll see though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-29-2012, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Reputation: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
True, he's a punching bag if he goes to A$M.
I'm hearing Thomas Johnson just may be heading off to College Station come Wednesday- LOL if true. I've also heard though, Oregon just may steal Bralon Addison from A&M- FWIW, I'd rather have Johnson, but like Addison too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 01:01 PM
 
674 posts, read 1,256,820 times
Reputation: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, I've heard a few things. I'm not going to lie and say that I am all that confident he is staying because he wants to. I have heard a few things and one of them is that the university did not budge at all in regards to his 4 million dollar buyout and the Bucs did not agree to pay it. I also heard that the university stuck to their guns regarding a 15 day notice clause that Tampa Bay was not happy with. If that is the case, it sure doesn't inspire confidence in a Duck alum, such as myself, that he is here for the right reasons.

I beleive Oregon was ready to interview Petersen today. I do think that we would have been able to get Chris Petersen if Chip di leave.

I think Knight will open up the checkbook only if there is a massive buyout clause. Otherwise, I think we will now design a contingency plan with Chris Petersen as the heir apparent (not a coach in waiting though- very hush hush). What people do not realize is how close of friends Kilkenny and Knight are with Petersen. And his contract had a clause in it that specifically stated that he could go to Oregon without a buyout.

We'll see though.
Nothing of what you say about CP is true, really.

Yes, he coached at Oregon a long time ago. But he's a California guy and he's actually been at BSU longer than at Oregon.

He's never said Oregon or ND were his dream jobs; this is fan speculation (although many BSU fans really think the only job he'd leave BSU for is Oregon).

Pete is not that close with Knight; he's friends with Kilkenny but I don't know if I'd call them "close" (this is college-speak and we've heard the same crap from UNC fans, Pitt fans, and UCLA fans just this year).

His contract does not have an Oregon clause in it.

That said, it would have been interested to see this play out, after CP has turned down (in the past few years): UCLA twice, Florida (reportedly), Penn State (reportedly), Miss State, UNC, Nebraska (reportedly), Washington, Arizona, Pitt, Tennessee (reportedly), and Miami (reportedly). I think I missed some.

Also, I kinda think he would have bolted for UO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2012, 07:05 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Reputation: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hp1167 View Post
Nothing of what you say about CP is true, really.

Yes, he coached at Oregon a long time ago. But he's a California guy and he's actually been at BSU longer than at Oregon.

He's never said Oregon or ND were his dream jobs; this is fan speculation (although many BSU fans really think the only job he'd leave BSU for is Oregon).

Pete is not that close with Knight; he's friends with Kilkenny but I don't know if I'd call them "close" (this is college-speak and we've heard the same crap from UNC fans, Pitt fans, and UCLA fans just this year).

His contract does not have an Oregon clause in it.

That said, it would have been interested to see this play out, after CP has turned down (in the past few years): UCLA twice, Florida (reportedly), Penn State (reportedly), Miss State, UNC, Nebraska (reportedly), Washington, Arizona, Pitt, Tennessee (reportedly), and Miami (reportedly). I think I missed some.

Also, I kinda think he would have bolted for UO.
Actually, much of what I stated is actually true. I've been a Duck donor for a while and know for a fact that Petersen used to have a clause in his contract. Now, he recently signed a new contract, but when he was hired it was well known he did indeed have a clause in it. I wouldn't be surprised if that clause was not in his new contract as no one felt Chip was going to leave anytime soon. I also know that he is actually fairly close close to Kilkenny and we would have had little trouble poaching him from BSU if we wanted him.

I certainly don't expect a BSU fan to believe any of this, but I know a lot more about Oregon football and what goes unsaid and behind UO doors than you think. And it isn't just CD homer speak. Heck, I pay enough for that access. I'm cool if you don't agree with my post. But, I am very confident about what I know, and when I am not all that confident, I state it. BSU fans might be some unhappy fans one day if Chip decides to leave or we continue to groom our OC, Mark Helfrich- which has been discussed.

But, it matters little as we have Chip and 99% of us would take Chip than Petersen (who is an awesome coach).

Last edited by Acuda; 01-31-2012 at 07:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2012, 07:30 AM
 
1,056 posts, read 2,331,244 times
Reputation: 837
I love it. Everyone is an insider with close ties to the program on the internet.

Fact is, you don't know for a fact; you only know what you've been told, no different than the other thousand of us who are Bronco donors and insiders.

Much of what you posted has already been debunked by legitimate Boise insiders. Do their opinions not count as much as Oregon insider opinions for some reason?

Oh yeah.... scoreboard. 2-0. Your place and ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2012, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,403 posts, read 8,390,851 times
Reputation: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
I love it. Everyone is an insider with close ties to the program on the internet.

Fact is, you don't know for a fact; you only know what you've been told, no different than the other thousand of us who are Bronco donors and insiders.

Much of what you posted has already been debunked by legitimate Boise insiders. Do their opinions not count as much as Oregon insider opinions for some reason?

Oh yeah.... scoreboard. 2-0. Your place and ours.
lol

Hey, thank you for Bryan Harsin - he's rejuvenated the offensive philosophy here at Texas.

He did well for the lack of a QB and all the injuries we had this past season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2012, 10:25 AM
 
674 posts, read 1,256,820 times
Reputation: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
I love it. Everyone is an insider with close ties to the program on the internet.

Fact is, you don't know for a fact; you only know what you've been told, no different than the other thousand of us who are Bronco donors and insiders.

Much of what you posted has already been debunked by legitimate Boise insiders. Do their opinions not count as much as Oregon insider opinions for some reason?

Oh yeah.... scoreboard. 2-0. Your place and ours.
No doubt. As if Boise donors and boosters know less about CP and the Boise program than Oregon fans.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2012, 10:26 AM
 
674 posts, read 1,256,820 times
Reputation: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
lol

Hey, thank you for Bryan Harsin - he's rejuvenated the offensive philosophy here at Texas.

He did well for the lack of a QB and all the injuries we had this past season.
Just know we're getting him back whenever Petersen decides to leave!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2012, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,091 posts, read 3,019,837 times
Reputation: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
I love it. Everyone is an insider with close ties to the program on the internet.

Fact is, you don't know for a fact; you only know what you've been told, no different than the other thousand of us who are Bronco donors and insiders.

Much of what you posted has already been debunked by legitimate Boise insiders. Do their opinions not count as much as Oregon insider opinions for some reason?

Oh yeah.... scoreboard. 2-0. Your place and ours.
2-0, really? How long are you going to be sitting on that? 10 years, 15 years? Donkey fans are all the same. They think they somehow know what's up yet consistently post BS. Both y'all have posted absolute rubbish the last 2 years and when you get called out, you go silent. That, or maybe it is just your team ****ing itself the last 2 years. Shoot, y'all have been fans for what, 5 years and you want to question me. Or maybe you actually went there when it was a community college. That's choice!

Both of you have not posted one thing the last 2 years other than, "Boise State is getting shafted! We are the best! We beat Oregon. We would win the _____________ (insert conference here). OK, just got to make this FG...silence." This leads me to believe you have little knowledge about the dynamics of college football, yet alone the Oregon/Petersen situation. So, go and get your so called info from your hobo reporters up in Boise media and walk on.

I stand by what I have said. Boise insiders? Boise boosters? One thing is for sure, you both are neither (can't be too many of those anyways). Please. Go silent, Kellen Moore has graduated.

Last edited by Acuda; 02-01-2012 at 12:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2012, 01:27 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,403 posts, read 8,390,851 times
Reputation: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hp1167 View Post
Just know we're getting him back whenever Petersen decides to leave!

Yeah, we know that he's a Boise man all the way...just building his resume here. Dude's a baller.

Hope we can keep him for a couple more years so he can teach Major Applewhite all he knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top