U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:12 PM

4,923 posts, read 4,091,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
As s-t-o-o-p-i-d as this sounds .. The original "Paterno has died" story, supposedly started on Rob Lowes Facebook page.

I don't follow the Hollywood types so I'm not sure if it was that Rob Lowe!?

Old 01-21-2012, 09:15 PM

11,535 posts, read 8,781,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Until the full story, particularly the issues surrounding "Victim #2" is addressed in open court, I'm not repared to put blind faith in the opinions of people who seem eager to organize a lynch mob, and may have other motives.

And regardless, the primary responsibility still rests with Jerry Sandusky
Of course the main culprit is Sandusky, that doesn't make the cover up ok.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:16 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,882,746 times
Quote:
Until the full story, particularly the issues surrounding "Victim #2" is addressed in open court, I'm not repared to put blind faith in the opinions of people who seem eager to organize a lynch mob, and may have other motives.

And regardless, the primary responsibility still rests with Jerry Sandusky; Coach McQueary has chosen to remain "prominent by his silence" since the original reports broke -- the vast majority of what has emerged since is based on the usual Lefty mantra of "collective guilt" (which, of course, is manna to the trial lawyers within the lynch mob).

You guys deserve every bit as thorough a vetting as your target.
You must not have read the grand jury report. You have to think a lot of people committed perjury to be reserving judgement. All JoePa had to do was call the police but he didn't..He protected the program.

http://cbschicago.files.wordpress.co...resentment.pdf

Old 01-21-2012, 09:28 PM

12,351 posts, read 7,503,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
You must not have read the grand jury report. You have to think a lot of people committed perjury to be reserving judgement.

http://cbschicago.files.wordpress.co...resentment.pdf
You raise a fair point, but the fact remains that the majority of this controversy revolves around the word of a handful of individuals.

And judging by the rapid emergence of the usual far-Left mentality calling for an immediate all-sports "death penalty" for Penn State, and the immediate shift of the focus to Paterno and, by definition, the PSU football program, and the obvious high financial stakes, I am not yet prepared to accept the most extreme of the accusations at face value.

In the wake of the original reports, one conservative columnist likened MCQueary's behavior to that of a group of men whom a gunman took hostage, then allowed to leave a classrrom in Montreal -- the gunman, a deranged nut with a chip on his shoulder, then shot and killed all the femaile students. Mr McQueary's decision to pass a night before reporting the incident should place his behavior and integrity under at least as close a scrutiny as Paterno's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89c...nique_massacre

The spotlight needs to be directed toward both sides of the controversy.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 01-21-2012 at 09:47 PM..

Old 01-21-2012, 09:49 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,882,746 times
Quote:
You raise a fair point, but the fact remains that the majority of this controversy revolves around the word of a handful of individuals.

And judging by the rapid emergence of the usual far-Left mentality calling for an immediate all-sports "death penalty" for Penn State, and the immediate shift of the focus to Paterno and, by definition, the PSU football program, and the obvious high financial stakes, I am not yet prepared to accept the most extreme of the accusations at face value.

In the wake of the original reports, one conservative columnist likened MCQueary's behavior to that of a group of men whom a gunman took hostage, then allowed to leave a classrrom in Montreal -- the gunman, a deranged nut with a chip on his shoulder, then shot and killed all the femaile students. Mr McQueary's decision to pass a night before reporting the incident should place his behavior and integrity under at least as close a scrutiny as Paterno's.

The spotlight needs to be directed toward both sides of the controversy.
The spotlight is on Sandusky. We all know he's a monster. The fact remains though that the man with a street named after him on the Penn State campus could've stopped Sandusky but chose to stay mum for a decade. Not to mention that the thread is about JoePa..

Old 01-21-2012, 09:51 PM

11,535 posts, read 8,781,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
The spotlight is on Sandusky. We all know he's a monster. The fact remains though that the man with a street named after him on the Penn State campus could've stopped Sandusky but chose to stay mum for a decade. Not to mention that the thread is about JoePa..
But he won a lot of football games.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:13 PM

4,923 posts, read 4,091,907 times
Savoir Faire .. I'm getting a little worried.

I have agreed and actually laughed at some of these posts you're making!

Are we becoming friends? "NO-O-O-O" .. say it isn't so!
(I better go and lay down)

Old 01-21-2012, 10:17 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,613,180 times
Well SNL is running a rerun tonight. And as I type this they are doing a skit about the incident at Penn State, Featuring the devil.

creepy coincidence.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Status: "Crooked Trump accused of rape and nobody cares." (set 4 days ago)

8,130 posts, read 5,814,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The left killed Joe.
What the heck does that mean?

Old 01-22-2012, 08:23 AM

6,722 posts, read 4,428,716 times
Joe just passed according to ESPN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football