U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:22 AM

18,624 posts, read 16,430,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Reports have confirmed that Coach Paterno has been readmitted to the hospital, and that his family has been keeping a close watch. Those of us who have seen close often-elderly family menmbers through the strains of chemtherapy know how delicate these issues can be.

Regardless of the outcome, it shold be emphasized again that the "lynch mob" of assorted radicals and Adsolutely Politically Correct dilletentes who immediately descended upon Happy Valley in the wake of the scandal's breaking deserve just as thorough a scrutiny as the Penn State football program. And the same goes for the so-called "sports journalists" who immediately shifted the focus from the actions of one rogue coach to the program's "elder statesman", suppsedly under the misguided idea of "collective responsibility" and the "blame game" that so pervades the so-called "thinking" of the Far Leftists who eagerly helped to organize this pogrom.
Yup I'm glad I didn't participate in the Internet witch hunt of this man. The cause of death maybe lung cancer but in reality it was of a broken heart.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:39 AM

18,273 posts, read 10,374,392 times
Did he know about Sandusky's prediliction for young boys? If so, did he know early enough to prevent more of Sandusky's behaviour? Did he have the authority to fire or insist the Board allow him to fire Sandusky?

I suspect if his heart was bothered by this event it may be because he carried some guilt.

Football - football -football. Keep saying it over and over until you realize it should play no part in your education process OR your judgement of someone's worth as a human being. It's just a damn game fer chris sake!

Old 01-22-2012, 09:39 AM

12,764 posts, read 7,824,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yup I'm glad I didn't participate in the Internet witch hunt of this man. The cause of death maybe lung cancer but in reality it was of a broken heart.
Maybe he wouldn't have had a broken heart if he had done the right thing a long time ago.

He could have ended his career as a hero instead of a bum.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Maybe he wouldn't have had a broken heart if he had done the right thing a long time ago.

He could have ended his career as a hero instead of a bum.
He did the right thing. If a grown man came to me and said he saw a middle age man anally violate a 10 year old boy. I would ask did he report it to the police or intervene. If he said no than I would question the validity of the story because I don't see how a grown man could witness such an act and not do something.

So before I ruin the life of someone I worked with for decades over hearsay I would report it to my supervisors and have them handle it. Which is what Joe Paterno did.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 AM

5,393 posts, read 4,325,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grange View Post
Breaking news just out.
Very sad. Accused, convicted, punished, all by the MEDIA.

PC be damned.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Did he know about Sandusky's prediliction for young boys? If so, did he know early enough to prevent more of Sandusky's behaviour? Did he have the authority to fire or insist the Board allow him to fire Sandusky?

I suspect if his heart was bothered by this event it may be because he carried some guilt.

Football - football -football. Keep saying it over and over until you realize it should play no part in your education process OR your judgement of someone's worth as a human being. It's just a damn game fer chris sake!
When Joe Paterno started Penn State's endowment was $0 now it's $1 billion+. Like it or not football is big business for many schools and lots of the liberal arts programs that intellectuals like to flock to that have little economic value would not exist on many campuses without big time football.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:47 AM

417 posts, read 310,626 times
RIP Joe, even though I think your lack of action in all the controversy was a shame, hindsight will look at you as a good human being. We all have our flaws, people mess up.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:47 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,003,671 times
RIP Joe...such a sad way for a great man's life to come to an end.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:50 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,834 times
RIP Joe Pa... I'm sure the controversy escalated his declining health. Sad way to go out. Although he made mistakes in the Sandusky stuff he was Still a great coach and man.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:50 AM

25,630 posts, read 30,432,723 times
F.S. Fitzgerald surely knew about the human condition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football