Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:44 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,810,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Football - football -football. Keep saying it over and over until you realize it should play no part in your education process OR your judgement of someone's worth as a human being. It's just a damn game fer chris sake!
Football ain't just a game ya stinkin' commie.

Joe pushed it up the ladder and fulfilled his obligations.

If the kid did not like it he should have screamed if he was being sodomized in a semi-public shower. The kid was a dumbass.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:47 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,325,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He did the right thing. If a grown man came to me and said he saw a middle age man anally violate a 10 year old boy. I would ask did he report it to the police or intervene. If he said no than I would question the validity of the story because I don't see how a grown man could witness such an act and not do something.

So before I ruin the life of someone I worked with for decades over hearsay I would report it to my supervisors and have them handle it. Which is what Joe Paterno did.
You have no idea what a "god" Joe Pa was at Penn State. If Joe told someone to look into something, they would have done so.

Also, I don't get your reasoning about questioning the validity of the story. I think I would have said, "report it". And McQueary would have reported it b/c Joe told him to.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:50 AM

68,285 posts, read 54,094,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
When Joe Paterno started Penn State's endowment was $0 now it's $1 billion+. Like it or not football is big business for many schools and lots of the liberal arts programs that intellectuals like to flock to that have little economic value would not exist on many campuses without big time football.

$1.00 or $!B, that's relevant to finding the truth about allegations of predatory pedophilia how?

Old 01-22-2012, 10:51 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,389,962 times
Well; since there's already another thread of this nature that also serves to show sympathy for him to a great degree; let's analyze why he's getting the degree of compassion he is.

Is it because he was unfarily attacked via the media? Perhaps.
Is it because he was blameless and innocent? Nope!
Is it because he was a pillar of forthrightness and integrity? Hardly.
Is it because he did the right thing? Definitely not, he simply passed the buck up the food chain and went back to sleep.

It is solely because he coached a winning football team! BINGO, RIGHT ON, FOR CERTAIN! Good grief.

I don't get it when your value system becomes so skewed that you give any man special status due to his skill at teaching or engaging in some damn sport. Footbal, schmootball! A game, nothing more!

All involved in this ongoing debacle were influenced, not by their moral code, but rather the perpetuation of Penn States Football programs reputation. Does no one see the irony in this issue and liken it to everything that pervades your countries societal underpinnings today?

Poor Joe my butt!

This man knew of his underlings prediliction for young boys.
He knew in plenty of time to have prevented many of the subsequent crimes.
He did not insist on the removal of Sandusky from his program.
He did not push the local press or police into actively persuing this issue.
He did not show outrage in the quantitative amounts to stimulate action.
He did not support and act as an advocate for those children.

In short; he goes to his grave knowing his own guilt.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:54 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,810,620 times
The fact is the people complaining about Joe here ain't good enough to wipe Joe's dead ass.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:56 AM

68,285 posts, read 54,094,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The fact is the people complaining about Joe here ain't good enough to wipe Joe's dead ass.
Yeah, what could anyone possibly be thinking valuing the lives of children over a multi-million dollar business based on a game, eh?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:02 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,389,962 times
Quote:
I'll argue that if anyone had expressed the necessary outrage to stimulate action that put Sandusky in a place where he couldn't get at any more children; THAT man, whoever he might have been had he existed, would have been 20 times the worth of one Joe Paterno; selfish football coach!

A man's worth is not measured by his success at coaching football, nor should it be about wiping anothers butt; lest you have trouble telling them apart.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:04 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,491,047 times
Quote:
Since most here probably didn't let child abuse continue you would be way out of touch with reality.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:12 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,393,225 times
Joe took it to his superior, which at the time was former AD Time Curley, Curly dropped the ball. True, Joe should' ve followed it up, but the whole thing was handled wrong by the university. You people need to quit believing all the BS you hear in the media and quit hiding behind your message board handles!!! I live near State College and know people close to the university. This ordeal isn't about "right" or "left" and goes beyond football and even the university itself. Joe WILL ALWAYS be a legend!

Old 01-22-2012, 11:17 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,491,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Joe took it to his superior, which at the time was former AD Time Curley, Curly dropped the ball. True, Joe should' ve followed it up, but the whole thing was handled wrong by the university. You people need to quit believing all the BS you hear in the media and quit hiding behind your message board handles!!! I live near State College and know people close to the university. This ordeal isn't about "right" or "left" and goes beyond football and even the university itself. Joe WILL ALWAYS be a legend!
That's like saying I saw my co-worker murder someone at lunch and if you tell your boss and he doesn't do anything, then OH WELL! I told my boss so that is all I needed to do.

Penn State supporters of Joe will continue to look like they are out of touch with reality to the rest of the nation.

On a football note he hasn't even been good in over a decade. He would have been run out by a top football program.

One horrible action(lack of) can ruin an entire life of other great deeds. Considering how long he's known about Sandusky it's actually a decent amount of his life when he could have/should have done more.

Last edited by Gatornation; 01-22-2012 at 11:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football