U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 07:53 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,849,532 times

Advertisements

WOW..... I really thought that Michigan would bounce back in this game but I was wrong AGAIN!! They looked horrible. Losing is one thing and is not as big of a deal if you play your heart out and end up at the wrong side of a close game but getting blown out at home two weeks in a row is embarassing, they're done, stick a fork in 'em. Anyone looking forward to the "Toilet Bowl" next weekend between MI and Notre Dame??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 09:03 PM

14,595 posts, read 22,448,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
If a div 1-AA team got the best of michigan, what div 1-A team can't get the best of those suckas?

First one to get it straight so far. Now we can put it to rest; Michigan was Over-rated!

Old 09-08-2007, 09:52 PM

3,970 posts, read 11,844,378 times
Yes, Michigan was probably the most over-rated team in the preseason in the past 20 years. Just awful, not to take anything away from Oregon. Look for Carr to be gone within weeks, depending on how the next couple of games go.

Old 09-08-2007, 10:07 PM

985 posts, read 2,552,257 times
Default I LOVE it!!!

The nice thing about a traditionally dominating team like Michigan falling so hard is that the rest of the country enjoys it soooooo much!

Now if we can only see USC take a similar dive, all will be right in the universe!

Old 09-08-2007, 10:49 PM

4,285 posts, read 14,433,756 times
If there are still any Wolverine fans willing to publicly admit to their allegience, they may be able to take some comfort from the fact that Big Blue's first 3 games are non-conference.

That means the Blue and Gold can go into the crapper again next week against Notre Dame, start the season 0-3, still have a legitimate shot at winning the Big 10, and get into that all-important major Bowl game.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:33 AM

38 posts, read 214,716 times
Ha ha ha ha, go Ducks! I think more and more people are learning that you shouldnt overlook the Pac 10 in football baby!!

Old 09-09-2007, 04:37 AM

7,279 posts, read 13,539,680 times
Both App State and Oregon run quick offenses with scrambling QBs. Michigan can't defend against that. They recruit big and slow. I think they may still hit their stride in the Big Ten.

Also, I reiterate that there are MANY D 1-A teams that would get creamed by the Wolverines AND the Mountaineers. The chasm between A and AA isn't so large that two-time national champs with the longest current winning streak in college ball (D1, anyway) can possibly be considered to be less capable than any team in the upper tier. It just isn't true.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:12 AM

716 posts, read 1,526,471 times
all that hype about ASU beating Michigan was for nothing....Michigan just flat out sucks. ASU should have beat them!

it's like that year Davidson's basketball team beat UNC....and UNC went on to finish 8-20. It would have been embarrassing for Davidson to NOT have won that game. Same applies to ASU here.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:45 AM

4 posts, read 11,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
The nice thing about a traditionally dominating team like Michigan falling so hard is that the rest of the country enjoys it soooooo much!

Now if we can only see USC take a similar dive, all will be right in the universe!
I'm certainly not a Michigan fan, but I'm not all that happy about them being awful. I enjoy college football more when Michigan, Notre Dame, USC and the like are good. When Michigan-Notre Dame is what someone aptly called "the Toilet Bowl" that doesn't enhance my enjoyment of college football.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:24 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,849,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
If there are still any Wolverine fans willing to publicly admit to their allegience, they may be able to take some comfort from the fact that Big Blue's first 3 games are non-conference.

That means the Blue and Gold can go into the crapper again next week against Notre Dame, start the season 0-3, still have a legitimate shot at winning the Big 10, and get into that all-important major Bowl game.
This is a great point. If they can start playing better Defense and if Henne is not hurt, they still have a chance in the Big Ten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football