U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-30-2012, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Pixburgh
1,187 posts, read 1,151,103 times
Reputation: 1336

Advertisements

so you're saying you are going to be going with the 'louisville is a sleeping giant' option then.

well at least you actually answered(sort of) at least one question this time..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-30-2012, 08:54 AM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,392,940 times
Reputation: 1768
Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
so you're saying you are going to be going with the 'louisville is a sleeping giant' option then.

well at least you actually answered(sort of) at least one question this time..
Please quote me where I said that.

You are making things up now.

I actually think fsu is the sleeping giant. They have potential to be good again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2012, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Dixie's Sunny Shore
1,367 posts, read 2,917,415 times
Reputation: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
no one is going to pay 20 million for a different school to leave. sometimes i wonder if people believe everything they read.
This is why I report nothing as fact. Do I personally believe this rumor, not really. Calm down. This is a fun thread about realignment. I spend about 3 hours a week surfing many sites and occasionally report those finding here. Sorry if this bothers you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2012, 12:50 PM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,412 posts, read 7,708,904 times
Reputation: 3054
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
This is why I report nothing as fact. Do I personally believe this rumor, not really. Calm down. This is a fun thread about realignment. I spend about 3 hours a week surfing many sites and occasionally report those finding here. Sorry if this bothers you.
>>>>>
Calm down. This is a fun thread about realignment.
<<<<<

Amen and amen.

Some folks on here need to take the corncob out of their hindquarters and lighten up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2012, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Pixburgh
1,187 posts, read 1,151,103 times
Reputation: 1336
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
This is why I report nothing as fact. Do I personally believe this rumor, not really. Calm down. This is a fun thread about realignment. I spend about 3 hours a week surfing many sites and occasionally report those finding here. Sorry if this bothers you.
it doesn't bother me at all because you stated it as obvious rumors. i just gave the real world answer to that rumor..that it is obviously nonsense. sorry if that bothered you
thats all fun and good, like the PAC going on the offensive right now. do i believe it, not one bit. but ill talk about it.

its the people stating obvious lies as fact, over and over, that get irritating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2012, 05:56 PM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,392,940 times
Reputation: 1768
Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
it doesn't bother me at all because you stated it as obvious rumors. i just gave the real world answer to that rumor..that it is obviously nonsense. sorry if that bothered you
thats all fun and good, like the PAC going on the offensive right now. do i believe it, not one bit. but ill talk about it.

its the people stating obvious lies as fact, over and over, that get irritating.
Chill out.

You are getting very upset at very probable situations, and what happened in the past. At this point it is irrelevant why the Big 12 didnt want FSU & Clemson. As for the future who knows? Perhaps the ACC will become a viable conference again, that or it will probably get poached if better conferences want to raid teams. Only time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2012, 01:33 PM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,412 posts, read 7,708,904 times
Reputation: 3054
This guy had to be high when he wrote this "piece." Some of the estimations are ridiculous. Check it here: 8 College Football Schools That Won't Be in the Same Conference in 5 Years | Bleacher Report
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2012, 07:09 PM
 
Location: Dixie's Sunny Shore
1,367 posts, read 2,917,415 times
Reputation: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
This guy had to be high when he wrote this "piece." Some of the estimations are ridiculous. Check it here: 8 College Football Schools That Won't Be in the Same Conference in 5 Years | Bleacher Report
Some of it is pretty comical. Though I wouldn't doubt BYU joining Big12 w/i 5 years. Notre Dame to a conference, 50/50 chance of that. Louisville in the Big12 is very likely. Other than those 3, next to no chance at all for the other 5 unless the Pac 12 gets very desperate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2012, 09:52 AM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,412 posts, read 7,708,904 times
Reputation: 3054
Default Fascinating Article and Very Well Written...

Thank you Chuck Neinas and Oklahoma Board of Regents circa 1984.

Sincerely,

Football Driven Universities Rollin' in the Dough

How TV sparked college football realignment, playoff, networks - Andy Staples - SI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2012, 10:55 PM
 
Location: Pixburgh
1,187 posts, read 1,151,103 times
Reputation: 1336
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Chill out.

You are getting very upset at very probable situations, and what happened in the past. At this point it is irrelevant why the Big 12 didnt want FSU & Clemson. As for the future who knows? Perhaps the ACC will become a viable conference again, that or it will probably get poached if better conferences want to raid teams. Only time will tell.

apologies for the late reply, don't stop in every 13 minutes like you^^

anyway, i get your point. whereas we do know why wvu was denied from its first 2 options, and then joined the big 12 after they couldn't get pitt, i still have no idea why fsu was denied by the big 12.

of course being that there has never been a single report on that, other than you on the city data forums, i guess we will never know.

on to another subject, its day 139 of the big 12 contract holdout. when you guys signing that ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top