U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-30-2012, 01:35 PM
 
Location: not Chicagoland
1,202 posts, read 1,026,715 times
Reputation: 424

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
They didn't do well this season with a seasoned offense. Again, they will be even worse next year with an all new offense and struggling defense.


Did well by beating weak midmajors, struggled against Kansas (the second worst of all AQ teams), and lost to Iowa (came from a weak Big 10 conference; not bowling)... As for the Pac 12, they played teams that are actually good teams. Boise State is considered the King of Midmajors (track record of beating good AQ teams) and Texas/Baylor are AQ. The MAC has not played AQ this bowl season. They are playing some other weak midmajor conference teams. The ones that were worth it smacked the crap out of them i.e. UCF, Utah St.
If I remember this time next year you'll get an "I told you so" post.

Everything you said about the MAC, people have said, and still do, about Boise State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-30-2012, 05:39 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,944,947 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
If I remember this time next year you'll get an "I told you so" post.

Everything you said about the MAC, people have said, and still do, about Boise State.
Boise State has knocked off Oregon twice, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Oregon State, ... ... ... The list goes on. The MAC has beat??? Pick any team from there. None of them have a resume anywhat close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2013, 04:59 PM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,388,719 times
Reputation: 1768
Teams have off years. One off year is hardly a sign of a huge decline, espcially considering they joined one of the hardest football conferences in the country from a relatively easy one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2013, 08:15 PM
 
3,721 posts, read 3,876,963 times
Reputation: 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Boise State has knocked off Oregon twice, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Oregon State, ... ... ... The list goes on. The MAC has beat??? Pick any team from there. None of them have a resume anywhat close.
Don't forget Georgia. Boise went into Atlanta and pushed them around pretty good. Arizona State and Utah too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2013, 10:23 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,944,947 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
Everything you said about the MAC, people have said, and still do, about Boise State.
I heard Jordan Lynch this and Jordan Lynch that and this guy didn't look anything close to the hype surrounding him. I guess that is what playing in the MAC makes you look like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2013, 10:48 PM
 
Location: not Chicagoland
1,202 posts, read 1,026,715 times
Reputation: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I heard Jordan Lynch this and Jordan Lynch that and this guy didn't look anything close to the hype surrounding him. I guess that is what playing in the MAC makes you look like.
If you are capable of looking at my location without putting some erroneous spin on it you will notice that I am from Chicagoland. Chicagoland, because you seem to lack simple understanding, is near Dekalb, which is the home to Northern Illinois University and the home of the Huskies that just played in the Orange bowl and whose quarterback is Jordan Lynch. Being from so close to Northern Illinois University I can tell you that there was no hype concerning Jordan Lynch and that you are just sour grapes and really need to get past whatever you are on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2013, 07:24 AM
 
3,721 posts, read 3,876,963 times
Reputation: 2769
I would say there was some mild hype for Lynch. The media needed something to focus on since there was a large amount of hate thrown at NIU for being selected into the BCS bowl game. I think it's safe to say that Lynch laid a big egg going 15-41 passing and only had 44 yards on 23 carries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2013, 08:59 AM
 
Location: not Chicagoland
1,202 posts, read 1,026,715 times
Reputation: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I would say there was some mild hype for Lynch. The media needed something to focus on since there was a large amount of hate thrown at NIU for being selected into the BCS bowl game. I think it's safe to say that Lynch laid a big egg going 15-41 passing and only had 44 yards on 23 carries.
He's not that great of a quarterback. It's Northern's defense that got them this far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2013, 04:35 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,944,947 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
If you are capable of looking at my location without putting some erroneous spin on it you will notice that I am from Chicagoland. Chicagoland, because you seem to lack simple understanding, is near Dekalb, which is the home to Northern Illinois University and the home of the Huskies that just played in the Orange bowl and whose quarterback is Jordan Lynch. Being from so close to Northern Illinois University I can tell you that there was no hype concerning Jordan Lynch and that you are just sour grapes and really need to get past whatever you are on.
FSU beat NIU past the spread. Am I disappointed my team didn't get to play a REAL team? Sure... but am I sour about it? Hell no. It is still another trophy to our cases. As you can also read, my location is far away from Illinois. For all that matters, it is Chicago and a bunch of farm land for all I care. I don't care to learn about some small towns in Illinois. All I know if you backed the MAC and thought they had a shot (which they didn't).

Jordan Lynch received plenty of hype. Kirk said how much he liked him and in the same breath trashed NIU as a selected BCS bowling team. In example, an article from 5 days ago on ESPN (prior to the game). Jordan Lynch proves he belongs as Northern Illinois Huskies quarterback -- college football - ESPN. Articles like that were everywhere from about 10th game of the season and on. Too bad the world saw him for what he is. He can't throw. He can't run against a real opponent.

Quote:
He's not that great of a quarterback. It's Northern's defense that got them this far.
The reality is again they have played nobodies. Defense didn't put up the 40+ points they rolled up each game. Look to Lynch... He racked up tons of points and yardage against these MAC easy teams. He broke all the NIU records and set some NCAA ones. He was the main reason they were winning. When he finally played a real team, this QB looked pedestrian. He got pounded, couldn't run, and couldn't throw.

The reason why it is so sweet to trash talk him is comments like this that he threw prior to the game...
“They’re fast, they’re physical, but they haven’t seen anything like our offense,” Lynch said. “We plan on wearing them down. In the fourth quarter, we plan to have them on their knees—and then just keep pounding away.”
Jordan Lynch is feeling confident about NIU’s chances against FSU | CollegeFootballTalk

Glad one of our players decided to go on record and call him terrible after the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 PM
 
Location: not Chicagoland
1,202 posts, read 1,026,715 times
Reputation: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
FSU beat NIU past the spread. Am I disappointed my team didn't get to play a REAL team? Sure... but am I sour about it? Hell no. It is still another trophy to our cases. As you can also read, my location is far away from Illinois. For all that matters, it is Chicago and a bunch of farm land for all I care. I don't care to learn about some small towns in Illinois. All I know if you backed the MAC and thought they had a shot (which they didn't).

Jordan Lynch received plenty of hype. Kirk said how much he liked him and in the same breath trashed NIU as a selected BCS bowling team. In example, an article from 5 days ago on ESPN (prior to the game). Jordan Lynch proves he belongs as Northern Illinois Huskies quarterback -- college football - ESPN. Articles like that were everywhere from about 10th game of the season and on. Too bad the world saw him for what he is. He can't throw. He can't run against a real opponent.


The reality is again they have played nobodies. Defense didn't put up the 40+ points they rolled up each game. Look to Lynch... He racked up tons of points and yardage against these MAC easy teams. He broke all the NIU records and set some NCAA ones. He was the main reason they were winning. When he finally played a real team, this QB looked pedestrian. He got pounded, couldn't run, and couldn't throw.

The reason why it is so sweet to trash talk him is comments like this that he threw prior to the game...
“They’re fast, they’re physical, but they haven’t seen anything like our offense,” Lynch said. “We plan on wearing them down. In the fourth quarter, we plan to have them on their knees—and then just keep pounding away.”
Jordan Lynch is feeling confident about NIU’s chances against FSU | CollegeFootballTalk

Glad one of our players decided to go on record and call him terrible after the game.
Your posts are all sorts of delusional, kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top