U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-25-2013, 06:47 PM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,397,696 times
Reputation: 1769

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
*sigh*

Just get FSU and Clemson already.
Big 12 doesnt want them.

Maybe FSU and VT, but without VT I dont see a point to getting any ACC teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,248 posts, read 19,189,929 times
Reputation: 7010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Big 12 doesnt want them.

Maybe FSU and VT, but without VT I dont see a point to getting any ACC teams.
Ok, you've gone through about two or three pages saying this without providing any REAL proof.

What gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2013, 09:26 PM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,397,696 times
Reputation: 1769
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Ok, you've gone through about two or three pages saying this without providing any REAL proof.

What gives?
I think VT would be a good addition to the Big 12, and could support them along with either Clemson/NC State/ or FSU. Hell, maybe even with Miami. Granted I am not an expert on running a college football conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 03:37 PM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,413 posts, read 7,713,869 times
Reputation: 3059
Along with Florida State, V-Tech should be the Big XII's top priority before the SEC sets 'em stone (may have already).

V-Tech would give West Virginia an immediate rival because of proximity.

Fill out the Big XII East with NC State (another likely SEC target), Clemson, and G-Tech.

It could look like this:

Big XII East
Virginia Tech
Florida State
West Virginia
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Iowa State
Kansas

Big XII West
Oklahoma
Texas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
TCU
Baylor
Texas Tech

That's a SALTY lookin' league right there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 03:57 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,248 posts, read 19,189,929 times
Reputation: 7010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Along with Florida State, V-Tech should be the Big XII's top priority before the SEC sets 'em stone (may have already).

V-Tech would give West Virginia an immediate rival because of proximity.

Fill out the Big XII East with NC State (another likely SEC target), Clemson, and G-Tech.

It could look like this:

Big XII East
Virginia Tech
Florida State
West Virginia
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Iowa State
Kansas

Big XII West
Oklahoma
Texas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
TCU
Baylor
Texas Tech

That's a SALTY lookin' league right there!
VERY salty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 04:05 PM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,397,696 times
Reputation: 1769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Along with Florida State, V-Tech should be the Big XII's top priority before the SEC sets 'em stone (may have already).

V-Tech would give West Virginia an immediate rival because of proximity.

Fill out the Big XII East with NC State (another likely SEC target), Clemson, and G-Tech.

It could look like this:

Big XII East
Virginia Tech
Florida State
West Virginia
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Iowa State
Kansas

Big XII West
Oklahoma
Texas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
TCU
Baylor
Texas Tech

That's a SALTY lookin' league right there!
Well VT would be a rival not even due to proximity, but because they were rivals in the past.

That is a nice looking conference, BUT B1G and SEC want some of those ACC schools. Im not sure Big 12 could get GT when B1G is courting them. SEC might want UVA over VT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 04:21 PM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,413 posts, read 7,713,869 times
Reputation: 3059
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Well VT would be a rival not even due to proximity, but because they were rivals in the past.

That is a nice looking conference, BUT B1G and SEC want some of those ACC schools. Im not sure Big 12 could get GT when B1G is courting them. SEC might want UVA over VT.
I meant to add NC State instead of G-Tech. Georgia Tech, I agree, would be a tough get if the B1G wants 'em.

If the Big XII can't convince G-Tech, then see if Miami or USF could round it out to eight teams for the Big XII East. The Big XII West could finally convince Mormon U. (or if we could ever get Houston to be the GIANT it should be given its location in the largest city/with some of the greatest recruits in the South-Central) to join the fold for a very solid and multi-geographical conference.

Big XII East
Virginia Tech
Florida State
West Virginia
Clemson
*NC State
Iowa State
Kansas
*Miami/G-Tech/USF

Big XII West
Oklahoma
Texas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
TCU
Baylor
Texas Tech
*Mormon U./Houston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 06:10 PM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,397,696 times
Reputation: 1769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I meant to add NC State instead of G-Tech. Georgia Tech, I agree, would be a tough get if the B1G wants 'em.

If the Big XII can't convince G-Tech, then see if Miami or USF could round it out to eight teams for the Big XII East. The Big XII West could finally convince Mormon U. (or if we could ever get Houston to be the GIANT it should be given its location in the largest city/with some of the greatest recruits in the South-Central) to join the fold for a very solid and multi-geographical conference.

Big XII East
Virginia Tech
Florida State
West Virginia
Clemson
*NC State
Iowa State
Kansas
*Miami/G-Tech/USF

Big XII West
Oklahoma
Texas
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
TCU
Baylor
Texas Tech
*Mormon U./Houston
NC State is a potential contender of SEC and the B1G too, along with UNC.

SEC will take (select 2): VT, UNC, UVA, NC State
B1G will take (select 2): UVA, NC State, UNC, GT

From this list UVA and GT are certain to be taken. Whoever is left Big 12 could take. Miami is a mess right now. They were good in the Big E but the ACC has wrecked their program. In the Big 12 they might be able to revitalize themselves, and it is a big potential market, but it is a big risk.

I am not familiar with any good football schools being in Houston. By Mormon U do you mean BYU? PAC will probably grab it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Dixie's Sunny Shore
1,367 posts, read 2,918,598 times
Reputation: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
NC State is a potential contender of SEC and the B1G too, along with UNC.
No chance B1G takes NC State. Not AAU. Duke maybe, but the Wolfpack has zero chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 07:24 PM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,397,696 times
Reputation: 1769
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
No chance B1G takes NC State. Not AAU. Duke maybe, but the Wolfpack has zero chance.
Fair enough, but SEC might take them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top