U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 11:32 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,384,131 times

Advertisements

Tulsa has a great program for where they are right now, but I don't see them being able to step up a level either from a football or an institutional perspective [their enrollment is much smaller than the other members of C-USA.]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 10:41 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,721,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
If I could have it my way I would consider add to the Big XII some of the following:

No particular order

*Tulsa - Another Ok school would help too
*Louisville - Good rival for WV
*Houston - An up and comer in football over the past few
*UL-Monroe - Adds another state to the mix, but not very football "rich"

I believe if invited any of these schools would say yes.
As for Tulsa, I've stated in several other threads I would love to see a South-Central Conference (we can be like the SEC idiots [A&M anyone] and shout "SCC, SCC", SCC" to go along with their "SEC" chants) with just Oklahoma and Texas schools. Kinda a true rejuvenated Southwest Conference.

It will never happen though, because the Tulsa's and the North Texas'/UTEP's/Houston's of the world just do not bring in enough revenue to keep up with other major conferences.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:50 PM

4,891 posts, read 3,983,242 times
Should North Texas get into the big 12 ? or are they not Big enough yet.......

Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Sarcasm much?

Old 02-26-2012, 11:08 PM
JJG

13,250 posts, read 19,206,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Nah, bro.

UNT right now is pretty much where TCU was back in 1997. So the Mean Green has a ways to go...

Old 03-05-2012, 08:46 AM

Default Interesting Read....

A little dated (about a month old), but this article has some good realignment info in it:

Of Interest: Texas AD Wants Notre Dame in Big 12

Old 03-05-2012, 09:25 AM

584 posts, read 965,456 times
I thought the powers to be in the SEC said they will not add any current in state schools that already have an SEC tie in...so you will not see Clemson(South Carolina) Florida St(Florida), Georgia Tech(Georgia) or Louisville(Kentucky) in the sec because the sec already has those markets. the sec is looking to expand its footprint, hence why they picked up Texas A&M for the aggie fan base in Houston and Dallas and Mizzou for the midwest eyes in St Louis and Kansas City.

The SEC's next destination is going to be toward Washington DC(Maryland, Virginia or VaTech) or Southern Ohio(Cincinnati) because they need big tv markets to increase their revenue....thats why they passed on WVU because the state of west virginia doesn have any big tv markets.

Old 03-05-2012, 09:46 AM

203 posts, read 278,409 times
I posted this in another thread a while ago, but this one seems like a more appropriate.....

If we want to help start rumors, it would be great for everyone if they rumor that The BigTen is trying to get Notre Damn buy coaxing Pitt to join with them as a rivalry pair. That, and a rule that requires a conference championship to get into the BCS playoff/plus1/etc., would almost ensure the following.....

Old 03-07-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
I thought the powers to be in the SEC said they will not add any current in state schools that already have an SEC tie in...so you will not see Clemson(South Carolina) Florida St(Florida), Georgia Tech(Georgia) or Louisville(Kentucky) in the sec because the sec already has those markets. the sec is looking to expand its footprint, hence why they picked up Texas A&M for the aggie fan base in Houston and Dallas and Mizzou for the midwest eyes in St Louis and Kansas City.

The SEC's next destination is going to be toward Washington DC(Maryland, Virginia or VaTech) or Southern Ohio(Cincinnati) because they need big tv markets to increase their revenue....thats why they passed on WVU because the state of west virginia doesn have any big tv markets.
If that's the case, I'm hoping that the Big 12 can swoop in and add Louisville and get Cincinnati before Slive & the SEC. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:36 AM

203 posts, read 278,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasomm View Post
I posted this in another thread a while ago, but this one seems like a more appropriate.....

If we want to help start rumors, it would be great for everyone if they rumor that The BigTen is trying to get Notre Damn buy coaxing Pitt to join with them as a rivalry pair. That, and a rule that requires a conference championship to get into the BCS playoff/plus1/etc., would almost ensure the following.....

sorry... edited the picture and it disappeared.. here it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football