Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 01:29 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltlantz View Post
Good old baseless rumors.

If Clemson and the Noles move anywhere it'd be towards the SEC.
period...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 04:51 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times
Quote:

You would think so....at least common sense tells us that the SEC is the most suitable fit for Clemson/FSU.

But, in the crazy world of realignment that we live in one never knows. Who could have every thought West Virginia would be in the Big 12? Crazy crazy times.

A&M to the SEC? No, the Texas and Oklahoma schools were always meant to stay together in a merged league of the Southwest Conference and the ol' Big 8. Nobody in the Big 12 (save maybe the Jayhawk fans) cares about losing Missouri but that is an even stranger fit in the SEC.

I would think that the SEC gets past the old stumbling blocks (South Carolina blocking Clemson) and (Florida blocking FSU) and just invite 'em in before they get nabbed by someone else....which would most likely be the Big 12 if they consider leaving the basketball dominated/driven ACC.

Of course, the Big 12 SHOULD want 'em (whether this is just fans blowing smoke, well we don't know), but if it is a possibility to expand that would be some major upgrades and extend the geographic footprint into the Deep South.

Y'all came here to the western side and got into Tejas, now let us have a stake there in the southeast! A little tit for tat for a change.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:11 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
You would think so....at least common sense tells us that the SEC is the most suitable fit for Clemson/FSU.

But, in the crazy world of realignment that we live in one never knows. Who could have every thought West Virginia would be in the Big 12? Crazy crazy times.

A&M to the SEC? No, the Texas and Oklahoma schools were always meant to stay together in a merged league of the Southwest Conference and the ol' Big 8. Nobody in the Big 12 (save maybe the Jayhawk fans) cares about losing Missouri but that is an even stranger fit in the SEC.

I would think that the SEC gets past the old stumbling blocks (South Carolina blocking Clemson) and (Florida blocking FSU) and just invite 'em in before they get nabbed by someone else....which would most likely be the Big 12 if they consider leaving the basketball dominated/driven ACC.

Of course, the Big 12 SHOULD want 'em (whether this is just fans blowing smoke, well we don't know), but if it is a possibility to expand that would be some major upgrades and extend the geographic footprint into the Deep South.

Y'all came here to the western side and got into Tejas, now let us have a stake there in the southeast! A little tit for tat for a change.
Speaking of tit for tat, what are the cheerleaders like from Clemson & FSU?

Wait 'til you SEC folks get a load of the A&M cheerleaders (they call 'em "yell leaders"), better known as the "milkmen". Thank the stars the Big 12-a Bunch is rid of that embarassment.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Speaking of tit for tat, what are the cheerleaders like from Clemson & FSU?

Wait 'til you SEC folks get a load of the A&M cheerleaders (they call 'em "yell leaders"), better known as the "milkmen". Thank the stars the Big 12-a Bunch is rid of that embarassment.

Yeh, I was beginning to think there weren't any women at all at A&M....yet another reason to explain their overt disgruntled nature and why they're so serious all the time. (Although I enjoyed the female scenery when I was on campus a few times for football games; I have no idea why we can't put those fine Aggie Ladies in some tight fitting clothes and march 'em around with that famous band.)

Perhaps the Clemson and Florida State folks can oblige with some pics of those Deep South Honeys going to their schools of higher learning. (An Oklahoma and Texas boy would be happy to "learn" 'em something alright!)

*Time for a cold shower*

Old 02-09-2012, 07:57 PM

Yet another interesting article.....Louisville next?

Realignment creating wider separation between haves and have-nots - NCAA Football - Sporting News

Old 02-10-2012, 01:39 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,840,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J152cc2 View Post
I want SMU and Houston.
OH HELL NO!!!!!

Old 02-10-2012, 01:43 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,840,928 times
Quote:

South Carolina and Florida will make sure that doesn't happen...

Old 02-10-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
South Carolina and Florida will make sure that doesn't happen...
Exactly. Based on geography and culture, Florida State and Clemson should have been in the SEC years ago.

Perhaps some realignment rumors of Florida St. and Clemson talking with other conferences not named ACC would force Slive and the SEC's hand to invite 'em?

Interesting to see how it all plays out.

On another note, Looks like Boren may get his wish if the Big 12 goes hard after Louisville now that West Virginia is squarely in the conference. It would be nice if the Big 12 could get BYU to reconsider. We'd have nice East/West divisions in the Big 12.

Big 12 East
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Louisville
Oklahoma State
West Virginia

Big 12 West
Baylor
BYU
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas Christian University
Texas Tech

Old 02-10-2012, 09:53 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,849,731 times
BYU has a history of being a disruptive conference member when they don't get their way, I'd prefer not to have any of that in the Big 12, because I'm sure they would not be here long term.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:46 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
BYU has a history of being a disruptive conference member when they don't get their way, I'd prefer not to have any of that in the Big 12, because I'm sure they would not be here long term.
They haven't dealt with Deloss Dodds much...yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football