U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2012, 05:59 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Don't worry. You guys changed the rules so that wouldn't happen again. LOL.

I think it's still possible that both OU and texas go to BCS Bowls. LOL.
MSM-

You know I believe that if OU wins out and UT beats KSU, and of course we win out, I think we might be seeing ya in the Fiesta Bowl. Let's hope that a Pac-10 replay crew is no where near that bowl game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 06:10 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,853,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
MSM-

You know I believe that if OU wins out and UT beats KSU, and of course we win out, I think we might be seeing ya in the Fiesta Bowl. Let's hope that a Pac-10 replay crew is no where near that bowl game.
The Big 12 crew on Saturday wasn't much better. On a couple of Sooner boards some posters were saying it was worse in Morgantown than our visit to Eugene. There were multiple calls that were complete BS.

I think I would rather play LSU or Florida than you guys. I'm not sure about that match up. Either way I'll be getting drunk and eating chili. So at least there's that.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:43 PM

8,380 posts, read 8,371,514 times
Quote:
getting drunk and eating chili.
TWWEEEEEEET!

Personal foul, unnecessary odor - 15 yard penalty!!!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:25 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,853,228 times
Let'er Rip!

2003 Oklahoma 52 Oklahoma State 9 highlights - YouTube

Old 11-22-2012, 08:34 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,490 times
The race to 16 is back on.

Word on the street is Pac12 is pursuing Texas again...

so Slive put another feeler out to OU... any chance y'all have some guts and move away from Texas's shadow, leave OK-State to fend or themselves, and come to SEC?

Old 11-26-2012, 09:28 AM

5,412 posts, read 7,707,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

so Slive put another feeler out to OU... any chance y'all have some guts and move away from Texas's shadow, leave OK-State to fend or themselves, and come to SEC?
I'm all for it, but it won't happen. Boren is too "West-Academic" oriented. Most fans that I know want the SEC West if it ever comes to that. I doubt it though. I think you'll see the Big XII go after some eastern teams (FL State, Louisville perhaps) before OU looks to get out. We came closer than a chiggar's eyelash of leaving, but it didn't happen. I don't think it will ever get that way again. Not in our lifetime anyway.

BTW, OU will never be in Tejas' shadow; this is a common misconception from folks not from the South-Central/Southwest. Our tradition/prestige is at the very highest echelon (Bama/Ohio State/Michigan/USC/ND) of college football; history proves this much.....Tejas is on the next tier down with the LSU's of the world.

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 11-26-2012 at 09:39 AM..

Old 11-26-2012, 09:31 AM

5,412 posts, read 7,707,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Best BEDLAM ever....2012!

Can't ever remember one as thrilling as this one. See the highlights here: Sooners Win Bedlam OT Thriller, 51-48 - SoonerSports.com - Official Athletics Site of the Oklahoma Sooners

Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 PM

134 posts, read 194,258 times
I like OU to and pull for them when they are not playing my Hurricanes. Needless to say, we have got our azz beat a few times by Oklahoma in the past......

Old 11-28-2012, 01:39 PM

5,481 posts, read 10,399,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

No. See if the B1G would take you! I would love to see that instead of more east coast football teams that put me to sleep. Much of the B1g is in the same time zone and y'all have more in common with us Midwesterners than the West Coasters

Old 11-29-2012, 09:26 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I'm all for it, but it won't happen. Boren is too "West-Academic" oriented. Most fans that I know want the SEC West if it ever comes to that. I doubt it though. I think you'll see the Big XII go after some eastern teams (FL State, Louisville perhaps) before OU looks to get out. We came closer than a chiggar's eyelash of leaving, but it didn't happen. I don't think it will ever get that way again. Not in our lifetime anyway.

BTW, proves this much.....Tejas is on the next tier down with the LSU's of the world.
Louisville is off the table... Y'all need to act fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football