U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 09:09 PM

16,521 posts, read 20,964,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Say!

Props to Bob Stoops for going down to Moore without any fanfare by himself to help clean up.

A bunch of Sooner athletes too.

Big time props!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 08:04 AM

3,093 posts, read 4,134,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
It's Blake Bell's to lose.
That's what I figured.

*Sigh* us Horns are supposed to be confident this year. With OU totally changing their coaching staff and getting a new qb. But the way Mack has things running down here, I'm totally expecting to see 250+ pound Bell run from forty five yards out for a touchdown while juking our defensive backs and out running our safeties

So apathetic right now.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:50 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,010 times
Just going to leave this here.

Images of the Stoops Era - YouTube

See more on Know Your Meme

That's right, ngb is back!

Old 07-21-2013, 04:17 PM

32,418 posts, read 17,758,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Say!

Props to Bob Stoops for going down to Moore without any fanfare by himself to help clean up.

A bunch of Sooner athletes too.

I agree. Good job, Coach Stoops.

I lived in Moore one year after the 1999 tornado. The damage was still evident in the back yard and all across the neighborhood. It was surreal.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:31 AM

Sam Bradford threw an NCAA freshman record 36 touchdowns in 2007.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:54 AM

5,412 posts, read 7,704,410 times
Anyone else see how Fox Sports Southwest is propping up the Sooners, excessively greater than all the other teams combined?? Perhaps it's that new media deal with Fox?

It's crazy (not that I'm arguing just fascinated) that every story listed under the Big XII link is about the Sooners.

Southwest Sports News, Video & Photos ? FOXSportsSouthwest.com

Old 08-22-2013, 08:17 PM

Trevor Knight it is. Can't wait to see what this dual threat RS Freshman QB can do with the talent that we have this year. **** just got real. OU is so stacked on offense. It's going to be unfair to everyone we face this year.

Boomer Sooner!

Last edited by nevergoingback; 08-22-2013 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: texas sucks

Old 08-22-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Trevor Knight it is. Can't wait to see what this dual threat RS Freshman QB can do with the talent that we have this year. **** just got real. OU is so stacked on offense. It's going to be unfair to everyone we face this year.

Boomer Sooner!
I wish I had your optimism. I wish we had a giant O-Line and a great running back like in the glory days. Even better, I would feel a lot better if had some dominant Linebackers and some DTackles stuffin' up the middle.

We shall see soon enough!

Old 08-23-2013, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I wish I had your optimism. I wish we had a giant O-Line and a great running back like in the glory days. Even better, I would feel a lot better if had some dominant Linebackers and some DTackles stuffin' up the middle.

We shall see soon enough!
I think we have a very good, huge, seasoned o line. We are so deep with studs at RB and WR it's not even funny. Scoring points shouldn't be a problem. RSF at QB can be tough sometimes but the HS game has changed so dramatically that these kids come to college ready to play for the most part. It's the d line that has been bad. Hopefully the new coaches and Quincy Russell pan out.

That being said, I think ULM keeps it close. Lol.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 08-23-2013 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: texas sucks

Old 08-23-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I think we have a very good, huge, seasoned o line. We are so deep with studs at RB and WR it's not even funny. Scoring points shouldn't be a problem. RSF at QB can be tough sometimes but the HS game has changed so dramatically that these kids come to college ready to play for the most part. It's the d line that has been bad. Hopefully the new coaches and Quincy Russell pan out.

That being said, I think ULM keeps it close. Lol.
That's kinda what I've been alluding to for a couple of years now. We're an overly offense-centric team with few to no helmet-ringers on D or Special Teams.

I know our line is supposed to be really good because of experience, but I do not think that opposing D-Lines are fearful of OU's O-Line (and Nebraska and to a lesser extent Tejas) like the days when our big ol' white boys would just crush people at the line (the SEC has now perfected smashmouth, but they got the blueprint from us...shame on us for ever getting away from it).

Those days are gone. OU's O-Line is looked at as soft/finesse before power and smash. Sad. OU is not the Big Bully on the Block any longer. As an old Sooner fan this hurts the most....maybe even more than losing. The perception that we're a soft team in a soft league (glorified WAC).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football