U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 08:54 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,010 times

Advertisements

Do not like. I'd rather be underdogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 09:45 PM

5,412 posts, read 7,704,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Do not like. I'd rather be underdogs.
Yep. I saw that and shook my head. Ain't right. We'd be much better off starting somewhere between 7-10 and slowly but surely making a run as the other preseason favorites rack up some losses.

With the Playoff, however, the preseason ranking does not matter as much as it did during the BCS era. At least that is what all the pundits have told us. We'll see.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Yep. I saw that and shook my head. Ain't right. We'd be much better off starting somewhere between 7-10 and slowly but surely making a run as the other preseason favorites rack up some losses.

With the Playoff, however, the preseason ranking does not matter as much as it did during the BCS era. At least that is what all the pundits have told us. We'll see.
Yep. Reminds me of @Mizzou in 2010. We were the better team. The defensive "sharks" stuff was bull**** that year. Mike seems to have brought the fire back. Could be good.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:49 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,104 times
And right below y'all is us...our OL was pathetic, we forgot how to score in the redzone about half way through the year, and our effort was mediocre at best...so might as well put us at #2.

Guess we will see how good we are when we go up against Sparty in week 3.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:24 PM

8,371 posts, read 8,363,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
And right below y'all is us...our OL was pathetic, we forgot how to score in the redzone about half way through the year, and our effort was mediocre at best...so might as well put us at #2.

Guess we will see how good we are when we go up against Sparty in week 3.
Well, y'all finished with a pretty good butt-whippin' of Texas in the Alamo Bowl.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Well, y'all finished with a pretty good butt-whippin' of Texas in the Alamo Bowl.
Hey I kinda enjoyed that whoopin' other than it made the Big XII look bad, which isn't too hard to do!

Old 05-05-2014, 01:12 PM

Awesome news coming out of Norman! Stadium expansion and numerous other upgrades.

EXCLUSIVE: OU Set To Announce Football Stadium Expansion - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

"Sources put the cost of the Master Plan between $350 and $400 million dollars."

"The most noticeable upgrade to the fans would be in the south end zone, where additional seats would form a bowl, and for seating to increase from its current capacity of 82,112 to close to 88,000."

"Substantial facilities upgrades in the south end zone, where the players currently dress, meet and press conferences are held, would result in a state-of-the-art weight room and training facilities – a huge recruiting tool in today's environment."

"There are 15,000 fans currently on the waiting list for season tickets. OU's sellout streak is currently at 92 games, beginning in 1999."

BOOMER!!!

Old 05-09-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Awesome news coming out of Norman! Stadium expansion and numerous other upgrades.

EXCLUSIVE: OU Set To Announce Football Stadium Expansion - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

"Sources put the cost of the Master Plan between $350 and $400 million dollars."

"The most noticeable upgrade to the fans would be in the south end zone, where additional seats would form a bowl, and for seating to increase from its current capacity of 82,112 to close to 88,000."

"Substantial facilities upgrades in the south end zone, where the players currently dress, meet and press conferences are held, would result in a state-of-the-art weight room and training facilities a huge recruiting tool in today's environment."

"There are 15,000 fans currently on the waiting list for season tickets. OU's sellout streak is currently at 92 games, beginning in 1999."

BOOMER!!!
The closing-in of the South endzone is something that should have happened a long time ago. We'll have the premier football stadium (*ahem* along with Daryl Royal Memorial Stadium and Kyle Field) here in the South-Central.

Excited for this expansion and updating. The bathrooms with latrines from the 1940's need a bit of updating. LOL. Ultimately, it's going to help with recruiting which is what keeps the Crimson & Cream Train a chuggin'.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:07 PM

67: Sam Bradford completed 67.6% of his carreer passes (604-893), a Sooners record.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:59 PM

Time for the Sooners to have the nicest stadium in the South-Central to match our tradition.

Very excited about this. Bowling in the South endzone is something that should have been done a long time ago.

This really look great. Hats off to Boren, Constiglione, and the boosters who will make this happen. I'm sure a few of my dimes will go towards the project!

Regents Approve Stadium Project - Oklahoma Sooners
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football