U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2014, 01:35 PM

5,412 posts, read 7,707,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Lol. We're a good QB away from being undefeated #1. Worst case with a good QB would be 1 loss top 10.
Absolutely! QB play is everything in the Big 12 plus coordinators. 3 crucial ints from Trevor and three losses = the proof is in the puddin'.

Also, look at Boykin, the young man was a receiver until Meecham came along and helped mold him into a Heisman contender.

EDIT:
In regards to Meecham, I gotta give that Oklahoma State boy credit.....I'd trade TCU straight up.......they get Heupel and we'll take Meecham.

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 11-14-2014 at 01:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 07:15 PM

6,854 posts, read 6,189,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Absolutely! QB play is everything in the Big 12 plus coordinators. 3 crucial ints from Trevor and three losses = the proof is in the puddin'.

Also, look at Boykin, the young man was a receiver until Meecham came along and helped mold him into a Heisman contender.

EDIT:
In regards to Meecham, I gotta give that Oklahoma State boy credit.....I'd trade TCU straight up.......they get Heupel and we'll take Meecham.
I've always maintained that if Trevor took that Texas flag down off of the wall in his dorm room then good things will happen to him.

Regardless of the INTs I'm most frustrated with the 3rd and short and fourth and short play calling. It is obvious that they are going to have to mix it up and has been so for several games.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:33 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,153,869 times
Congrats, Perine is a beast.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post

Thanks Shoe. You and TTech-Dave are class acts and represent your university well.

I think it was a very good game and one that Tech easily (probably should have) could have won. If the O-Line doesn't get caught on a few of those holding penalties there was at least two TD's up on the board. It would have been even harder for OU to comeback.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:57 AM

32,427 posts, read 17,763,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
I agree. Perine is fun to watch. I like Sanchez on D.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:47 AM

8,379 posts, read 8,371,514 times
I see some speculation about Stoops going to Florida and being replaced by Patterson or the ASU coach.

Any possibility of that happening?

Friend of mine near Stillwater says the Sooner Nation is kind of unhappy with Bob.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I see some speculation about Stoops going to Florida and being replaced by Patterson or the ASU coach.

Friend of mine near Stillwater says the Sooner Nation is kind of unhappy with Bob.
I could see Stoops going back to Florida....maybe. Michigan will come calling too. They'd have to pay him six mil to get him though.

I'd be shocked. I don't know who the Sooners think they could get that's better not named Saban or Meyer.

I don't know many Sooners who want to fire Stoops, but I know many, many (myself included) who wish he would be more ready to get rid of coordinators (primarily Heupel....his brother should get one more year to change things around with the secondary) who do not produce OU quality results.

I get it; these guys are his friends (and, in his brother's case, blood) and he doesn't want to fire them. But Stoops had great coaches around him when he was winning at a dominate clip.....see how many are or have been head coaches: Sumlin, Leach, Mangino, Long, Mike Stoops, and Wilson.

He's too loyal. I wish he'd get rid of Heupel and throw the bank at Meecham, but it will never happen. We can only hope that Heupel is still a candidate for the SMU job.

The only thing I could ever see that lead to Stoops' firing would be if he lost to Baylor (or another mid-tier) again at home in such dominate fashion.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:16 AM

3,935 posts, read 5,587,293 times

Old 11-23-2014, 08:39 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,124,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post

Seems like every coach with a pulse and a halfway decent win record is on Florida's radar, which is what happens with every other high profile opening. As far as Todd Graham (surprisingly still at ASU!), he wants to jump at every opening when he's unhappy about something!

Old 11-23-2014, 09:14 AM

8,379 posts, read 8,371,514 times
The Pflugerville Flash (Perine) had to do something to improve his stats after this game (18-63, 1 tds)
(btw - #31 is a walk-on freshman)

Seriously, even though it was just Kansas, that was an outstanding performance.... especially for a freshman in D1 (FBS?). That record will probably stand for a while - unless OU plays the Huskers in a bowl. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football