Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 02:10 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,498,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
I can think of another. It even has a presence in Oklahoma. #GunsUp

How is Broyles doing? Hope he does well in the NFL.
Tech is recruiting Florida well too? I'm not familiar with Tech's roster, but I could see California a bit and obviously having a large presence in its home-state of TX. Florida though? I'm guessing not.

Feel bad for Broyles. I hope he gets his shot because he's such a great kid and is a gamechanger when healthy. Hope it works out for him too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 07:25 PM

2,324 posts, read 3,931,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Tech is recruiting Florida well too? I'm not familiar with Tech's roster, but I could see California a bit and obviously having a large presence in its home-state of TX. Florida though? I'm guessing not.

Feel bad for Broyles. I hope he gets his shot because he's such a great kid and is a gamechanger when healthy. Hope it works out for him too.
There are six players on Tech's spring roster from FL and five from CA. The coaches are really excited about some of them.

I always hate to see players go down like Broyles. I have my suspicions about that one, but that's something else. He should be picked high, as he's very talented, imo.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
There are six players on Tech's spring roster from FL and five from CA. The coaches are really excited about some of them.

I always hate to see players go down like Broyles. I have my suspicions about that one, but that's something else. He should be picked high, as he's very talented, imo.
>>>>>
<<<<<

That's impressive. You think they'll be on the field come Fall?

I'm kinda on the fence, at least with our players from Cali (Cali Trio = Stills/Jefferson/Clay). They are amazing athletes, but they don't seem to be exactly the right fit for team chemistry. Our players from Florida seem to fit in with the Oklahoma/Texas guys a bit better, which make up the majority of the Sooners' roster.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:04 AM

Default We all know that Sooner fans are extremely spoiled....

....but, do we really have reason to be spoiled?

This article blew me away. OU stacks up very nicely against the three programs (LSU/Florida/Alabama) that have won 2 national titles in the BCS era.

Has Bob Stoops Spoiled Oklahoma Football Fans? | Bleacher Report

Old 02-27-2012, 12:50 PM

758 posts, read 1,235,129 times
Quote:

I bet Ryan will be drafted in the 2nd round and hopefully my Vikings will draft Ryan to team up with Adrian

Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
I bet Ryan will be drafted in the 2nd round and hopefully my Vikings will draft Ryan to team up with Adrian
You like the Vikings and not the Cowboys?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
Exactly! I am looking forward to CornHuskers-Sooners games whenever they play!
Would be a huge money-maker!

Hey, instead of doing a home-and-home, you think we could convince the Huskers to play in Big D at Jerry World again? I know they have such good memories there and it's their favorite place.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 AM

141 posts, read 304,767 times
Quote:

Hey, instead of doing a home-and-home, you think we could convince the Huskers to play in Big D at Jerry World again? I know they have such good memories there and it's their favorite place.
OooOoo Zing!

Old 03-05-2012, 03:22 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,188,023 times
Quote:

Lets split the difference and call it Arrowhead.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:44 PM

758 posts, read 1,235,129 times
Quote:
You like the Vikings and not the Cowboys?
Yup, been a fan of the Vikings for 14 years, I hate the Cowboys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football