U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-14-2012, 08:26 PM

4,296 posts, read 4,055,934 times

Advertisements

'The Boz' still being punished for being ... a college kid - NCAA Football - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Schedule and BCS Rankings

I still remember all the kids getting their haircut like the Boz. He was an absolute beast....but the roids destroyed his body.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 09:40 PM

1,678 posts, read 1,820,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
About ya'll's only chance this year is if our whole 1st Team gets suspended!
haha...naw...jus rebuilding yr last yr...this yr will show that hard work.

see ya soon sooner

Old 05-22-2012, 09:37 AM

5,087 posts, read 3,438,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
haha...naw...jus rebuilding yr last yr...this yr will show that hard work.

see ya soon sooner
Still gonna be a work in progress this Fall, maybe a 10 win season (3rd behind OU & WVU).The real run for the MNC will be in 2013.

But one never knows in this series, plenty of good OU/Texas teams have been upset by the lesser guys.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:54 AM

I know Bass&Catfish will enjoy this - me paying off my annual October bet last year with the owner of a local restaurant in Austin. He was born in Texas, but raised in Norman, He's a bigtime Soonerfan, but also likes & roots for the Horns on all other weekends.
Whenever Texas wins, he serves me up a nice burger platter or omelette plate. He's good people, and always laughs at the presentation mounting, which includes the score & date. He's got several (too many, actually) similar frames on the wall in his bar.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I know Bass&Catfish will enjoy this - me paying off my annual October bet last year with the owner of a local restaurant in Austin. He was born in Texas, but raised in Norman, He's a bigtime Soonerfan, but also likes & roots for the Horns on all other weekends.
Whenever Texas wins, he serves me up a nice burger platter or omelette plate. He's good people, and always laughs at the presentation mounting, which includes the score & date. He's got several (too many, actually) similar frames on the wall in his bar.

This is good. He may be paying you off come October...you just never know with the Red River Shootout.

I'm glad you have a Sooner friend to keep you grounded.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:58 PM

Default Castiglione is a swell guy...

I'm thinking that OU has the best AD in the whole country!

This guy is a real stand up fella....certainly much more likeable than DeLoss Dodds (then again, who isn't?!). Sorry Horn fans.

http://www.soonersports.com/allacces...l?media=315669

Old 07-02-2012, 09:37 PM

3,855 posts, read 3,176,837 times

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 06:34 PM..

Old 07-03-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I'm thinking that OU has the best AD in the whole country!

This guy is a real stand up fella....certainly much more likeable than DeLoss Dodds (then again, who isn't?!). Sorry Horn fans.

[u]]University of Oklahoma Official Athletic Site
I've never cared much for Dodds since he fired Abe Lemons, and a lot of Texas fans feel the same way.

He's an excellent business manager but is mediocre in the hiring area.

Pretty humorless dude too, besides being the former KSU track coach.

The only thing that saved his job in the late '90s (the height of the "Dump Deloss" movement) was the turnaround of UT football after Brown was hired - not that Dodds had much to do with that. He was all hot to trot to hire Gary Barnett.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I've never cared much for Dodds since he fired Abe Lemons, and a lot of Texas fans feel the same way.

He's an excellent business manager but is mediocre in the hiring area.

Pretty humorless dude too, besides being the former KSU track coach.

The only thing that saved his job in the late '90s (the height of the "Dump Deloss" movement) was the turnaround of UT football after Brown was hired - not that Dodds had much to do with that. He was all hot to trot to hire Gary Barnett.
>>>>>
Pretty humorless dude too
<<<<<

^^^
I think this is really why he is disliked so much. Just having that sour-puss look on his face 24/7 makes him unlikable. There's no denying he is a shrewd business manager, however.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:44 PM

2,490 posts, read 1,269,327 times
Sorry for crashing the Sooner thread... but I didnt want to start a new one and there was no other place that fit.

Greg Bryant: 4-Star RB Decommits from Oklahoma as Power of SEC Entices Him | Bleacher Report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football