Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:10 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
You got that right!
To the Sooner Fans (and others ) what say you about the Sooners' and the rest of the Big 12 Schedule?

Saturday
04/14/12Spring Game
Gaylord Family OK Mem. Stadium, Norman, OK------Saturday
09/01/12at UTEP Miners
Sun Bowl Stadium, El Paso, TX------Saturday
09/08/12Florida A&M Rattlers
Gaylord Family OK Mem. Stadium, Norman, OK---Buy
Tickets
Saturday
09/15/12---Open Date------Saturday
09/22/12Kansas State Wildcats
Tickets
Saturday
09/29/12---Open Date------Saturday
10/06/12at Texas Tech Red Raiders
Jones AT&T Stadium, Lubbock, TX---Buy
Tickets
Saturday
10/13/12Texas Longhorns
Cotton Bowl, Dallas, TX---Buy
Tickets
Saturday
10/20/12Kansas Jayhawks
Tickets
Saturday
10/27/12Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Tickets
Saturday
11/03/12at Iowa State Cyclones
Jack Trice Stadium, Ames, IA---Buy
Tickets
Saturday
11/10/12Baylor Bears
Tickets
Saturday
11/17/12at West Virginia Mountaineers
Mountaineer Field, Morgantown, WV---Buy
Tickets
Saturday
11/24/12Oklahoma State Cowboys
Tickets
Saturday
12/01/12at TCU Horned Frogs
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, TX

Man, the last three games are gonna be a stretch to pull out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 09:56 AM

12,949 posts, read 13,336,259 times
I hope y'all pound the Noter Domers.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:14 AM

141 posts, read 304,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
To the Sooner Fans (and others ) what say you about the Sooners' and the rest of the Big 12 Schedule?

Saturday
04/14/12Spring Game
Gaylord Family OK Mem. Stadium, Norman, OK------Saturday
09/01/12at UTEP Miners
Sun Bowl Stadium, El Paso, TX------Saturday
09/08/12Florida A&M Rattlers
Tickets
Saturday
09/15/12---Open Date------Saturday
09/22/12Kansas State Wildcats
Tickets
Saturday
09/29/12---Open Date------Saturday
10/06/12at Texas Tech Red Raiders
Jones AT&T Stadium, Lubbock, TX---Buy
Tickets
Saturday
10/13/12Texas Longhorns
Cotton Bowl, Dallas, TX---Buy
Tickets
Saturday
10/20/12Kansas Jayhawks
Tickets
Saturday
10/27/12Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Tickets
Saturday
11/03/12at Iowa State Cyclones
Jack Trice Stadium, Ames, IA---Buy
Tickets
Saturday
11/10/12Baylor Bears
Tickets
Saturday
11/17/12at West Virginia Mountaineers
Mountaineer Field, Morgantown, WV---Buy
Tickets
Saturday
11/24/12Oklahoma State Cowboys
Tickets
Saturday
12/01/12at TCU Horned Frogs
Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth, TX

Man, the last three games are gonna be a stretch to pull out!
That Notre Dame vs. OU game is going to be awesome.

I can't wait till Texas plays Notre Dame in 2015...

Old 02-22-2012, 01:46 PM

758 posts, read 1,235,590 times
I hope the Sooners destroy Notre Dame!Sooners record against Notre Dame is 8 losses and 1 win which is awful! TCU and West Virginia on the road is going to be tough! I hope the Sooners will get revenge against Texas Tech and Cowboys and I hope the Sooners defeat the Longhorns again!

Old 02-22-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I hope y'all pound the Noter Domers.

We'll do it for the legacy of the Big 12 South!

Old 02-22-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
I hope the Sooners destroy Notre Dame!Sooners record against Notre Dame is 8 losses and 1 win which is awful! TCU and West Virginia on the road is going to be tough! I hope the Sooners will get revenge against Texas Tech and Cowboys and I hope the Sooners defeat the Longhorns again!
As much as I hate to admit it, the schedule looks strange without an A&M logo on it.

The TCU game will be much like a home game. The travel is easy and there are already a ton of Sooner Fans in DFW that will be at the game.

The Kansas St. game as the first non-conference is a tad scary given how well the K-State competed overall last year. (Although the Sooners did spank 'em pretty good.)

Notre Dame vs. OU? Wow....now that's some serious tradition packed into one game. I think OU's D will create some pretty serious problems for ND's offensive line. No telling how well ND comes out and plays. You know they'll have some great athletes/skill players so that's a tough one to call.

The Red River Shootout will be tough. The Horns will be out for blood for the thrashing they received last year.....lots more experience, with tons of athletes on D, and a pounding running game with some very capable backs will be tough. (I think the Sooners will be fine as long as Shipley doesn't get to do kick/punt returns.)

I think the West Virginia matchup is the obvious game on the schedule that I think could be a 50/50 split in terms of odds. Sooners have never had to travel so far so it will be real interesting how many can make the trip. The Mountaineers are a pretty crazed fan base and you know they're gonna wanna make a statement against the Big 12's best in their first season. The utter dismantling of Clemson by West Virginia's offense was pretty amazing and one wonders if they can replicate some of those big plays against the Sooners.....cause the Sooners have been susceptible to big plays the last several years.

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 02-22-2012 at 04:15 PM..

Old 02-22-2012, 04:06 PM

Great article about great fan-bases:
The 10 Best College Football Fanbases Outside the SEC | Bleacher Report

Old 02-23-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
As much as I hate to admit it, the schedule looks strange without an A&M logo on it.

The TCU game will be much like a home game. The travel is easy and there are already a ton of Sooner Fans in DFW that will be at the game.

The Kansas St. game as the first non-conference is a tad scary given how well the K-State competed overall last year. (Although the Sooners did spank 'em pretty good.)

Notre Dame vs. OU? Wow....now that's some serious tradition packed into one game. I think OU's D will create some pretty serious problems for ND's offensive line. No telling how well ND comes out and plays. You know they'll have some great athletes/skill players so that's a tough one to call.

The Red River Shootout will be tough. The Horns will be out for blood for the thrashing they received last year.....lots more experience, with tons of athletes on D, and a pounding running game with some very capable backs will be tough. (I think the Sooners will be fine as long as Shipley doesn't get to do kick/punt returns.)

I think the West Virginia matchup is the obvious game on the schedule that I think could be a 50/50 split in terms of odds. Sooners have never had to travel so far so it will be real interesting how many can make the trip. The Mountaineers are a pretty crazed fan base and you know they're gonna wanna make a statement against the Big 12's best in their first season. The utter dismantling of Clemson by West Virginia's offense was pretty amazing and one wonders if they can replicate some of those big plays against the Sooners.....cause the Sooners have been susceptible to big plays the last several years.
I will not miss Texas A&M and Colorado, they can leave but I miss Nebraska and wish they did not leave, I miss the great rivalry between the Sooners and Nebraska, they had awesome games over the years! I was very sad after the Sooners won the Big 12 Championship game in 2010 against Nebraska which was a amazing game that Nebraska is leaving the Big 12

Old 02-23-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I will not miss Texas A&M and Colorado, they can leave but I miss Nebraska and wish they did not leave, I miss the great rivalry between the Sooners and Nebraska, they had awesome games over the years! I was very sad after the Sooners won the Big 12 Championship game in 2010 against Nebraska which was a amazing game that Nebraska is leaving the Big 12
Agreed with you totally on the Cornhuskers. We should have NEVER let 'em leave. Beebe (Dodd's Puppet) & Co. should have given Nebraska anything they wanted to keep them happy and in the league......that's how big of a tradition-laden program Nebraska is. (Just about on par with the Sooners and definitely the Longhorns.)

Losing Nebraska was huge and pretty much signaled that the old rivalries were gonna change.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Agreed with you totally on the Cornhuskers. We should have NEVER let 'em leave. Beebe (Dodd's Puppet) & Co. should have given Nebraska anything they wanted to keep them happy and in the league......that's how big of a tradition-laden program Nebraska is. (Just about on par with the Sooners and definitely the Longhorns.)

Losing Nebraska was huge and pretty much signaled that the old rivalries were gonna change.
Exactly! I am looking forward to CornHuskers-Sooners games whenever they play!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football