Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 08:41 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times

Advertisements

Don't worry, the Sooners will pound my Longhorns again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 10:25 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Have a little faith, Friend. However, I won't cry for you if the Sooners do exactly that!

Old 08-23-2013, 06:06 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Bingo. With Mack and Diaz, I can't wait to watch Blake Bell juke and outrun our secondary from 50 yards out for a touchdown

Old 08-24-2013, 06:23 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
I want to see the new kid on the block, the new starting QB for OU. He must be pretty good to make starting QB. I think Bell is best being used as a battering ram in the red zone.

I never give up on UT against OU!!! Of course, I hope KSU whups UT this year.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I want to see the new kid on the block, the new starting QB for OU. He must be pretty good to make starting QB. I think Bell is best being used as a battering ram in the red zone.

I never give up on UT against OU!!! Of course, I hope KSU whups UT this year.
RedBird's been sippin' on too much of that moonshine again.

Say, speaking of moonshine, did you see on the news that ol' fellar in Chickasha get caught making White Lightning behind his place of employment? Pretty bold, but even more stupid!

Old 08-27-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
RedBird's been sippin' on too much of that moonshine again.

Say, speaking of moonshine, did you see on the news that ol' fellar in Chickasha get caught making White Lightning behind his place of employment? Pretty bold, but even more stupid!
LOL!! Give me Irish Whiskey!!!

I think OU may be overly confident against UT at this point. You never know. I remember one time (rocking chair moment) when the lowly Iowa State beat Nebraska back in the 90s. That was when Nebraska was HUGE!!! And Iowa State was the perennial cellar team in the north.

I can't believe OU is going PPV for this weekend. WHY???? Money?? Probably.

I am really stoked about the college football season finally starting. Me thinks there is a huge pot of chili in my future!!!!

Old 08-27-2013, 06:25 PM

I can't believe I was watching OU drills on you tube earlier.

Oklahoma Drill at Spring Practice (03.29.13) - YouTube

Old 08-27-2013, 08:52 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
LOL!! Give me Irish Whiskey!!!

I think OU may be overly confident against UT at this point. You never know. I remember one time (rocking chair moment) when the lowly Iowa State beat Nebraska back in the 90s. That was when Nebraska was HUGE!!! And Iowa State was the perennial cellar team in the north.

I can't believe OU is going PPV for this weekend. WHY???? Money?? Probably.

I am really stoked about the college football season finally starting. Me thinks there is a huge pot of chili in my future!!!!
FSN owns the rights. They do what they will. PPV has nothing to do with the university. I still think its sucks though.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
FSN owns the rights. They do what they will. PPV has nothing to do with the university. I still think its sucks though.
I suppose they are "testing the waters" to make a comparison of how much they can make off a non-conference game. Then later, they go for our throats during a big conference game.

I like OU's radio commentators. We always turn off the tv and just listen to the radio. I like that old guy, the color commentator. I don't know his name.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
I suppose they are "testing the waters" to make a comparison of how much they can make off a non-conference game. Then later, they go for our throats during a big conference game.

I like OU's radio commentators. We always turn off the tv and just listen to the radio. I like that old guy, the color commentator. I don't know his name.

Absolutely on the bolded. The national broadcast hardly ever gets someone from Oklahoma (or someone who knows anything about OU Football) to call the game.

Merv Johnson and Bob Barry, Jr. (It was even better when BB, Sr. did it.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football